December 19, 2014 | 1742 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Coffee. It's a pretty, rich brown and glides on smoother than any other liner I've ever tried. But it smudges a lot and within little time (like an hour or two). I've tried applying another liner on top to try to set it, but it unfortunately did not avert any smudging. It's too bad that it's not longwearing because the ingredients are very clean and the price is very low.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

Best eye liner ever! So creamy and beautiful! I have the shade midnight which is black with a slight hint of blue. Applies easy and lasts all day. I noticed since I started using this the broken vessels on my eye lids are going away. I am in love with this eye liner!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by dqzhuzi

Finally I used it up...it was a bit like being torturing....I thought I could find a nice dupe of chanel waterproof eyeliner espresso. But I was wrong. This one is pretty ok. Yet it smudges within 3 hours, and the color doesn't show that strong on my eyes. Price is adorable but there are so many other products can replace this one. So I won't buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by virtah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There were so many bad reviews for this that i thought i should write one. I have nothing but great things to say about this product. I use it on my upper water line and then rimmel on my lower water line. ELF mineral eye liner is so well pigmented and dark and it stays put on my waterline, even when i don't put on the rimmel, it wont transfer to the lower line.

Great great great! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I originally decided to buy a couple of these (in Midnight and Ash) after using a GWP Clinique eyeliner in a simliar style (twist-up pen as opposed to pencil which you have to sharpen). But not having the disposable income to spend on Clinique I went for these instead which were 3.00GBP each.

There's no denying these are easy to use, the twist up style eliminating the need to sharpen which can be time consuming and messy. However, the liner itself isn't that great. Although it does apply fairly well with no real tugging or pulling, like other reviewers here I found I had to apply the line a number of times before getting any real colour to show. For Ash I was half expecting it as it's quite a light grey tone, but Midnight was billed as a dark blue and that's definitely NOT the colour I ended up with after one application (or three).

The other issue I have is that these smudge - big time! I always use an eyeshadow base (usually UDPP) and have never really had any problems with other eyeliners I've used smudging, but these were atrocious. After the first 20 minutes of wearing this, I looked in the mirror only to discover the liner had started to travel to my lower lid (where previously there was no liner applied at all). And as the day wore on they slowly disappeared completely, so by the time I got home from work in the evening the liner had all but vanished.

For me E.L.F. products are very much hit and miss in the success department and in the case of these, they're most definitely a miss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Admittedly, I didn't have high hopes for this. But I have been pleasantly surprised! Pigmentation is nice, but formulation is a little hard. Doesn't pull or tug, but I have to go over the same line a couple times to get the pigment I'm looking for. Doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes at all. I have this in black and midnight and they really look like the same color to me. No smudging or fading on my lids.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by liorak

The only pros i are the packaging, i like how it twists up and i do not have to sharpen, and that there are no harsh chemicals.

The product over all is pretty bad it smudges like crazy, I only use pencil liners on my upper water line and somehow it manages to transfer to my lower water line ,which i don't mind so much, however that manages to go to my under eye area and make me look like a zombie that hasn't slept in ages! It's is really bad. And it does this every time, I keep using it because of the ingredients and keep having hope that it will magically stop, but it never does.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Originally buying this as part of a big ELF order, I was hoping the Mineral Eyeliner would be a contender for my more expensive gel liners after reading some glowing reviews - and only 3!
The pencil is easy to use, twisting up so it doesn't require messy sharpening. The product itself goes on the eyelid much softer and smoother than most hard, sharp pencil eyeliners which can irritate the eyes. Unfortunately it wasn't very pigmented, the line coming out grey rather than black even when going over it several times. It immediately smudged on my upper lids after application, creating major racoon eyes and didn't seem to stay put, smudging very noticeably after only a couple of hours. I did experiment with leaving it on all day - most of it had disappeared by then except for some grey smudging and was happy to take it off!
This liner is great for a dramatic smoky eye effect or if you're a big fan of pencil liners - personally I prefer the defined solid line from my gel liners - sorry ELF!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by amhook13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is horrible. I am not very picky about makeup at all, and never have issues with any shadows or eyeliners budging. This liner gives me major raccoon eyes after just a few hours of wear. By the end of the day there is spotty patches all over my lid. It is very creamy, and it does go on nicely, but the staying power is crap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it isn't very pigmented and smudges on the eyes. not a good buy.