July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Natural Match in 4.5C Soft Dark Ash Brown

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

i already had black brown hair before this, and i barely even noticed a difference in my hair colour after colouring and washing, but i think that's because it's a light colour on a dark colour. it did enhance a lot of my brown ashey shades, and my overall colour looked brighter. i got this at the l'oreal warehouse sale for only 6 dollars. it was easy to use. i would buy this again, but maybe not the same colour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I color my hair about every 6 weeks or so and have been 'playing' around with the 4's & 3's in this brand...I have tried 4W, 4R, 3W & 3C and really like them all ( I have reviews on all those colors FYI). I love how even they are and the fact you can keep going from one shade to another without color build-up!!
    I was currently 4R which was very nice but it fades really quickly as I find all reds do, for me anyway!

So onto 4 1/2C....I read in other reviews that the C's in this line run very dark so I decided this one would most likely get me the darkest ash brown without going black. It did just that, if I had gone with 4C I think it may have gone too dark. It still has warmth to it, brown in general is warm but it is not red or golden but kind of 'inky' and deep with lots of ash, very nice! The pic of Kim K. above is EXACT!! I think I will stick with this one for a while, it is my favorite of the 5 shades I have used :)

L'Oreal really needs to improve the pictures on the box as they aren't even close to the color that you actually get!