July 24, 2014 | 2198 users online

Crème - Shiseido - Maquillage Climax Water compact UV foundation

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh yes!!! I love Japanese makeup and the TOP quality of both their packaging and their product. This is such a good example of their excellence in this field. The packaging is a pretty metallic pink long rectangular compact with the foundation in one side with it's own separate lid and the sponge on the other side with holes to aerate it. It also has a very big mirror taking up the full length of the compact. But enough about the packaging.....what's inside is wonderful.

I have very pale yellow-toned skin and find it hard to get a light enough colour in most makeup lines without it being too pink for me. Not so with Japanese makeup, as they have yellow-based shades, neutral shades and pink shades all separated. I got the lightest neutral shade (OC00) and it's PERFECT. I have scrutinized my skin in front of a magnifying mirror with this foundation on and I honestly can not tell I'm wearing anything except for the fact that my skin looks flawless and porcelain. This hasn't caused any breakouts for me but I don't break out much anyway. I have quite dry skin in patches and oily in others, and this is really lovely for both areas. The oily parts don't get oilier and the dry parts don't look flaky or parched. The foundation is like a solid cream, but when you put it on your skin it feels quite watery and fresh, but dries to a soft (not chalky!) powder. Still, there is a really nice luminous effect too (without any glitter or shimmer) and the coverage is excellent. It disguises my red cheeks and photographs beautifully. Sometimes I wear it just on my cheeks to even out my skin tone and people always comment on how great my skin is without makeup. Ha! THAT'S how well it blends.

There is really no down side to this foundation actually, even the price is good. I got it for less than AU$60 online, but I believe the regular price is more like AU$80 so that might put some people off perhaps. I'd buy it again if it were twice the price to be honest!

If you've been looking for a natural looking, medium coverage, comfortable, top quality foundation....then this is it. Give it a go. While you're there, check out the other beautiful makeup and skincare products that Japan has on offer. You'll get hooked :)