April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(1996 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by VioletShimmers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There's something to be said about a foundation that I consistently used for a period of time even though it made me break out. The cover and finish of the Revlon PhotoReady is amazing. I am NC25-30 and I used Golden Beige. A thin layer already covers every single flaw and has a brightening/glowing effect that still feels matte to the touch. I pulled a lot of all-nighters during college and this was the foundation I would reach for the next morning to look awake and fresh faced in class (even though I was really dying of fatigue). There is a lot of glitter in this foundation and I would not recommend it for days when you need to be out in the sun. The glitter is truly like pieces of glitter, not just fine shimmer. The formula is also a little drying and may settle into fine lines, but the glowing effect really masks this and you really can't tell unless you go up close. And lastly, the ingredients in here made me break out every time. So, this foundation is probably best for special events or presentations when you want to look really good, but I would not use it on a daily basis. I have since moved on from this foundation, even though I do miss that perfect-looking "photo ready" finish from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jenmoyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really good foundation. It makes my skin feel soft, and instantly brightens my face. It doesn't make my skin feel oily or dry. I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by joannajoseph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a NC37 and Golden Beige is a great fit for me - it applies beautifully with a brush and it really brightens and smooths out my face. It's great for the price (around 7 or 8 bucks), and as someone who has used MAC and MUFE foundations before, definitely comparable to a higher-end product. I also like that it comes with a pump (something still lacking in some higher end foundations - I'm looking at you, NARS!), which makes dispensing the product very easy. As a plus, my friends always say I look extra pretty/glowy on the days I wear this foundation, especially in the winter when everyone's skin looks dull and dry.

PROS:
- inexpensive
- pump dispenser
- applies evenly
- looks like your skin, but better
- photographs beautifully
- lasts for a long time (even without a primer)
- dewy look, which I like (I hate when a foundation is completely matte)
- Golden Beige is a beautiful summery tan color, looks great with a bronzer

CONS:
- formula can be a bit too liquidy
- not a huge variety of shades

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmoses15

I love this foundation. The coverage is perfect for me! I don't like my bare skin because it is very pale and there is a lot of discoloration. I use this foundation with the E.L.F. Primer and O think my skin look fabulous all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by darleenieweenie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am ambivalent about repurchasing this product. It offers great coverage. However, the color selection is very poor. I use to be a 009 Rich Ginger and got lighter and switched to 008 Golden Beige. I was confused. The 006 was the SAME shade as 008, or at least, similar. It seemed as if the 006 matched me more and was darker than the 008, but the 008 was more yellow toned like myself. The rich ginger was a little pink and I don't really feel like mixing them. Also, it was a teenie bit too shimmery for my taste, wouldn't you think the camera would pick up the many flecks of shimmer in a "Photo"? It made me look a little white! Revlon, please upgrade the color selection and minimize the shimmer. I will repurchase if there was better selection.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE FORMULA:
Photoready has a very good consistency - fluid enough to blend but not runny. It provides light to medium buildable coverage. There is a faint foundation smell but nothing strong like Revlon Colorstay.

Despite the fact that the foundation does have A LOT of shimmer to it, I do not find it to be oily/grease/shiny. The shimmers give dimension to the face when applied properly.

THE COLOR RANGE:
Very poor for those looking for a yellow based foundation. You only option will be Golden Beige or Rich Ginger. Golden Beige is similar to NC40. Rich ginger had a mixture of yellow and red undertones and is comparable to NC45.

I purchased Medium Beige and found it lacked enough yellow for my NC35 skin tone.

For reference, my shades are:
- 6.5 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
- TAWNY and Rattan (mixed) in Estee Lauder DW
- BA24 in Chanel Perfection Lumiere
- Stromboli in NARS Sheer Glow

APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Application was fine, except.... I felt a slight tingling sensation, like I had applied mild peppermint toothpaste to my face. The sensation was only temporary but worth mentioning. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Because the foundation has ALOT OF SHIMMER I would recommend applying it only to those areas of your face where light would naturally hit. If you apply like all over it is not flattering and you will end but looking flat and shimmery.

STAYING POWER:
I would say the foundation had moderate staying power. I can only speak for dry/combination skin. On my unpowdered dry/combination skin it lasted about 3 hours with no shine at all however I began to have slight shine on the nose and chin at the 4th hour.

THE VERDICT:
If I find this on sale I may possible buy it in the correct shade.

If you are interested in more info and PICS on this foundation: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is pretty good. Not great by any means. I like to use it on days I'm not getting too fancy. You know just running errands and such so I don't waste my expensive stuff. It's the best I've come across in the drug store.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by KatsLogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin and I was looking for a medium-heavy coverage foundation.The first time i heard about the hype of this product, I was like " OH MY FREAKING FLOWERS! THIS LOOKS AWESOME." I wanted to get my hands on it as fast as I could. The color selection was nice considering that I purchased it at target and the packaging was pretty convenient. The product was not runny, but I noticed a bit of a shimmer to it. The shimmer didn't phase me in the beginning but I kept thinking about Edward Cullen in the sunshine. The first time I used it, I thought "wow this is great!" It felt nice on my skin. As i gradually used it, I noticed pimples occurring and it would seep into fine lines around my lips. The application was then cakey. Ladies, cakey-ness is not appealing.
The 'ohmazing' appeal to it was gone. But if you're willing to splurge for a freaking amazing, and I mean AWESOMETACULAR foundation that has medium-heavy coverage, invest in Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. There is a vast variety of 26 colors for every tone, so it's like "holla!" It's versatile, oil-free, great for pink and yellow undertones. If you're not willing to invest in it yet, sephora and ulta give out free samples.
I hope this helps! (Just google: MAKE UP FOR EVER
HD Invisible Cover Foundation)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was very tempted to buy the Revlon Colourstay Foundation instead of this, but it did not have a variety of colour selection in my country....hence I decided to buy this instead.

I don't live in US, so when it comes to choosing the correct shade, I would say it's not very colour friendly for me.

+ves:
- Comes with a pump! Easy to control the amount of product you want.
- Medium coverage. It was able to conceal my acne scars and some of my dark spots.
- Buildable coverage. This is a type of foundation I know it won't feel extremely cakey on me if I try to put on more than one layer. Very buildable kind of coverage.
- Oil/shine-free. I have combination skin, and I live in humid conditions, oil builds up around my T-zone very easily. With this foundation, it was able to control my oil!
- Lasts more than 8 hours. I tried on full day, coverage was still there and intact with my blush on! I believe it can last up to between 10-12 hours.

-ves:
- The foundation contains shimmer.
--> Initially, I wasn't very bothered. Afterall, it's a photoready foundation. I think the shimmer is there so that you would look good in photos since it's able to reflect when in contact in light. That's exactly what happened to me. I could see the shimmer on my palm when I faced my palm towards the light when I first applied it.

And of course if you keep building it up, the shimmer will become more and more obvious! It just makes me very wary because I don't want ppl to tell me that "hey why is it that there's shimmer on your face, your eyeshadow came off or something?" kind of look. It hasn't happened to me yet, but just a point to note.

I think this foundation would work absolutely great for phototaking sessions because of the formula created. It's not that it's not very suitable for everyday wear, but are you okay with wearing a foundation that you know that ppl would see slight tinges of shimmer when they see your face?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by katherinology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this liquid foundation (shade 005) for 6 months or so, and this is definitely my favorite. I've tried Maybelline Dream Matte Foundation and L'Oreal True Match Foundation, but the shades doesn't really match my skin tone (that's the main problem). Photoready Liquid Foundation does make my complexion look good, both indoors and outdoors.
I like the pump at the top of foundation's bottle, it helps me prevent spilling or taking out too much product. I noticed the sparkling shimmers when I first pumped out some product and tried in my palm (that was kinda scary), but when I applied the foundation to my face thank goodness it doesn't really stand out. It is easy to apply, doesn't dry out quickly, and gives nice matte finish. I suppose the coverage is medium, but it's quite buildable. The foundation stays for some 4 hours in normal condition (no rain, no washing/rubbing face with water), and it stays for 1-2 hours longer with primer in the same condition. It fades out rather easily with water, making this one easy to remove (bad news during bad weather).
The only downside is the price. I find it rather too expensive for drugstore product (it's sold at USD 14-15 here), while the others I mentioned are less pricey.
Repurchase? Yes.
Recommend? Depends. If you have oily skin, I think it'd be better to pick the ColorStay instead of Photoready.