October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2030 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Bibaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I've been using this foundation for about 2 years now, I'll change my foundation as much as I want but I keep coming back to this one. This foundation is long lasting, however may need some touch ups for oily skin and looks absolutely gorgeous in photos. Although this foundation may not last as long as you want it too for oily skin, blemishes/ pimples are still covered, you just get less of that dewy makeup finish after a while :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sbann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I have got to write this review to let people know what a great product this truly is for me. I have literally tried every high end makeup for the past 2 mo. Let me start by saying I am 46, with some deep acne scars on my cheeks and uneven skin tone and white spots at the bottom of my cheeks that foundation or concealer would not cover and the start of wrinkles (or fine lines) around mouth and under eyes and forehead. When I was in my 20's I use to wear Colorstay matte foundation. Loved it. As I got a little older, I starting buying more expensive makeup thinking it was better for your skin. :) Anyway, my skin has been going through some crazy changes, I am starting to get a lot drier on my face and all the other issues I listed above. I had recently bought Chanel Le Lift serum and Le Lift Crème to get my skin to look normal. I also bought Chanel Perfectionist makeup. I was struggling with the makeup to make it look nice. I thought, I just spent $55 and I used quite a bit trying it with primers, moisturizer, BB cream underneath and nothing seemed to make it the way I wanted it to look. I have tried samples of almost every makeup at Sephora and Macys. I was almost going to give up and do without. :) There is no way I can but nice thought. :) I have been doing a lot of reading to see what was still out there that I haven't tried. I decided to try the Colorstay again. It was fine when I was oily but just didn't do it for me now and it was hard to find the right shade. I also purchased True Match. It wasn't bad but felt a little heavy for me. Had to use primer, BB cream and concealer to cover the white spots and still some were showing. Returned that and decided to try the Magic Nude Liquid Powder (btw, same ingredients as Armani Maestro w/out the scent) Figured if foundation wouldn't cover, I might as well go lighter and just accept the fact that my imperfections would show. I first put a little concealer on it and applied the foundation with my fingers. Honestly it is a good makeup. My white spots covered pretty well and it felt like you have no makeup on. I did half my face in that and compared it to the Chanel and the Magic Nude looked 100% better than the Chanel. I also picked up the Revlon Photoready, just on a whim. Knew it probably wouldn't match my skin tone but what the heck. With half my face now in Magic Nude and put the Revlon Photoready on the other, I was shocked. I applied it with a stippling brush and no primer, no moisturizer, no BB cream just the foundation. AMAZING. My pores literally disappeared, the color match was absolutely perfect and it made all my white spots disappear with one layer. My acne scars are still there but really nothing will fill them in but they are less noticeable. This is truly pretty. I hate when makeup says luminous because it means greasy. This provides a healthy glow. Didn't really see the glitter that everyone is talking about. Truly it looks like an expensive foundation. I can't stress how pretty and healthy my skin looks with it on. I did spray UD setting spray just because someone said it keeps it in place better. Again, I only applied one layer and a little extra on my scars. It is lightweight, never felt heavy. It kind of settled into my laugh lines a tad bit but truly not bad. My forehead showed a little of the lines after a while but so much better than the Chanel. I truly looked 10 years younger and just healthy. I know we all have different skin and all but this is perfect for me. I was so excited, I called my husband to let him know I finally found the perfect foundation. Called all my girlfriends to let them know all about the foundation. I am kind of old school and hate that these days we feel like we have to purchase primer to make our $50 foundation look good. We never had to buy primer when I was younger. :) You have to find what works for you. After research, if you are going to use a primer, make sure they match up. Silicone primer with silicone foundation. Water primer with water foundation. As far as the stippling brush application, it makes it flawless. I didn't realize that I had been doing that application all wrong. You are only suppose to get foundation on the white tips only and literally tap your skin with the brush. Don't rub, just dot. Truly flawless. I am sooooo happy that this makeup is wonderful. Try it and hopefully you will love it as much as I do......hope this helps someone that is going through the same problems I was having.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for around two years now. It is my HG foundation. This foundation is medium to full coverage and gives you a dewy look. If dewy is not your thing, this foundation is not for you. Also, this foundation will ONLY work for dry-normal skin tone, not oily or acne prone skin. This foundation is very hydrating and covers all of my redness, pores and fine lines. I get compliments all the time on how flawless my foundation is from strangers and friends. I heard that people are complaining about shiny specs in the foundation but I have been using this foundation for two years and I can honestly say there isn't any noticeable specs of anything in it. It is a very dewy foundation so it can come off as shiny on the wrong skin. I have dryish- normal skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by dreamqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My forever HG foundation is Revlon colorstay in buff but recently it's too drying ( maybe because i'm more dry now than oily when i was younger) and i hate the make-up geisha look that makes me old. I was looking for a natural but long wearing foundation for the beach. Naturally i would gravitate to revlon, it's cheap and dependable. I'm happy i made the switch!!! My face looks natural, young and amazing in photos. Shell matched my skintone. It does not oxidize. Does not cake. You can pile it on you face and wouldn't look heavy. Medium coverage. Easy to reapply and fix during the day, unlike colorstay. It does make my nose oily and does slide off after 4 hours. At least you look like a natural beauty instead of a girl wearing thick cemented make up. I love wearing this everyday!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sofgrove

I used this foundation a couple of years ago, for a while. I wasn't very makeup conscious back then so I continued to buy it because I thought the price was good and I knew Revlon was a good brand.
It's only now that I use different foundations that I realise how bad this product worked on my skin. When I applied it I got little coverage on my scars and blemishes which is the most important thing I look for in current foundations I buy, so it would need to be built up a lot to get a reasonable coverage.
After wearing this for about 3 hours it had started to slide off my face and make my t zone look very dry. I must admit, this foundation is good when taking photos, but who wants photos when scars and blemishes are noticeable?
Please don't be put off Revlon just because of this review as I rave about several of their other products, such as Revlon Colorstay which I highly recommend (you can find my review for this on my profile)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hated this stuff. it doesn't make u "photo ready" at all... it makes u shiny. it also make my skin feel ecky and greasy. maybe it would work good for someone else with dry skin but my friend and I(she has normal skin) both did not like it. maybe I'll try again if I hear of a reformulation..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this foundation, good coverage and i actually like the shimmer. plus its barely noticable. i bought the shade vanilla which was perfect. this foundation works with my dry skin as well, makes me look lively. i love it, give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Exhaustibility

This is the most amazing drugstore foundation i have ever used. It gives my face this perfect porcelain doll look. I get compliments on my skin all the time and my skin looks perfect in pictures!! I recommend this foundation to everyone! I suggest it to all my friends and they are hooked. The price is high for a drugstore makeup, but you get what you pay for. I believe its 16-20 dollars in Canada. The packaging is only 3/5 because the lid never stays on it always falls off. Other than that its the best and i will continue to buy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation as a dupe for Makeup Forever's HD Foundation (darn those makeup dupes on Pinterest!). The color selection was nice, I purchased Shell which is right-on for my complexion. The finish of the foundation is shimmery, which is nice for summer when you're outside and you want to look glowy. The issue I have with this foundation is that it blends to a point where it is sitting right on the skin and under the peach fuzz on my face. Most foundations don't accentuate this. I don't have large pores or lots of hair or dry skin on my face but this foundation made it look like I did! It settled into pores and under tiny hairs, even with primer, brush application (going downward to avoid it sticking to tiny hairs), and blending. I am very disappointed with this foundation as far as the finish. I tried it on multiple occasions and keep testing it to see if I am just being too picky but every time I just wash it off and start over. The smell was not offensive, it didn't break me out; I love the packaging (pump foundations are my favorite), the color (yellow undertones like my skin), and even the sparkle in the formula, but the actual coverage looked like a weird makeup residue that had gotten stuck on my face and not like foundation that I applied on purpose. Revlon has several other foundations I like, but this one just doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by vintjus

Love love loooooove this foundation. I will definitely repurchase it. No complaint at all. But if you prefer a matte finish, I don't recommend it tho. However, if u like a dewy finish like me, you will fall in love with this babe. The sparkling thingy doesn't bother me, I even like it. So, love!