Revlon PhotoReady Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

2057 reviews

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.0%) Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cycloheptasiloxane, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/9/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I first bought this foundation when it was new to the market and as many others have said it left an oily finish and a bad smell.

However 3 months ago my complexion had gotten so dark, that was the only foundation that had the shade I needed so I bit the bullet and purchased it.

I will say now the formula has definitely changed, it's definitely less oily than before however its still got that smell. The secret to this is not to apply it heavily, build coverage and set with a powder you should be fine

It's ideal for just what the name says, photo and camera it gives a flawless smooth finish on camera

on 3/8/2015 9:26:00 PM

If you want to look like Edward Cullen and sparkle then get this foundation. If you don't then steer clear.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The only foundation I'll use. I'm a college student, so I can't be spending a ton of money on big name makeup. Scavenging the drugstore for a good foundation over the years has been tough but totally worth it when I found this gem. It works so well for me. I use it in Golden Beige for most of the year and Rich Ginger in the summer. First of all, the packaging is superb. The pump lets you always get the perfect amount of product. I find that a pump and a half usually works for me. It gives me good medium coverage without looking overdone. I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks, but I find that if I use a bit of concealer and put a bit extra foundation on, it covers them up completely. It's a light formula but I still prefer to apply it with my fingers instead of a brush because the brush tends to make it look unnatural. By itself, it makes my skin look fresh and dewey, which I wish would stay when I finish with the translucent Revlon setting powder. But that makes it more matte. It's okay though because if I skip the powder, the foundation all comes off by the middle of the day, which makes sense since it's liquid. My favorite part of this product is it doesn't make me break out. I can also say it's good for older women as well because my mom uses this too. She always says it gives her great coverage and makes her look more youthful.

As many reviews had mentioned, this foundation is really shinny (it's so shinny that you could literally see tons of glitter on your face), just like all the products from the photoready line. HOWEVER, I absolutely love this foundation. It's really lightweight yet it provides medium coverage. It stays on for a long time, too, so that's also something that's awesome about this foundation. To solve the glitter problem, I would take my Make Up For Ever 130 brush or Real Technique's buffing brush to lightly brush off the glitters. THIS TIP WORKS SO WELL and absolutely solves the "too shinny" problem. Without the glitter, this foundation has more of a matte look rather than a dewy look. The packaging is awesome, too. It comes with a pump. I'd say this is great for traveling because of the bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to like this, but I couldn't. First of all, it was way too pink for my skin, since I have a warm undertone. I tried to make it work for one day with bronzer and powder, but after only one day, this made me so shiny and break out like crazy

on 2/20/2015 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This is easily my favorite drugstore foundation.

First of all, this is the only drugstore foundation I can find that is light enough for my skintone. I use the lightest shade which is 001 Ivory. Even most high end foundations I've found are not light enough for me. So this is a huge bonus.

Also, I do tend to like the dewy, fresh faced look that is very in right now. This product does have a slight shimmer to it to give you that dewy look. SO it might not be the best for you if you have very oily skin. I have very dry skin around my nose so I prefer this formula.

I use Smashbox light primer with it and set it with Stay Matte powder by Rimmel. When I do this the foundation looks flawless all day, or about 10 hours.

This is a great dupe for Makeup Forever HD Foundation.

I have gotten a lot of compliments on my complexion since I started wearing this about 3 years ago, I've even been told it makes my skin look perfectly airbrushed a few times.

Overall this is a great product and DEFINATELY worth the cost.

****UPDATE****
I just went to the store last night and saw that they reformulated this.
The Ivory 001 color is not longer as light as it used to be and wont work for me any longer.
BUMMER. I wont be buying this ever again.

on 2/13/2015 6:02:00 PM

Very bad foundation it made my pores larger and more noticeable and my wrinkles omg more noticeable also .

on 1/20/2015 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Too shiny and never set on my skin. Would transfer on everything. Weird greasy glow from SPF.

on 1/14/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This retails for 15-18 dollars in Canada (I'm not kidding) and while I bought it while it was on a clearance sale for 5 bucks its still really overpriced, for a ds product.
Now does it perform like drugstore makeup? Surprisingly no. This foundation, while it does have its flaws, looks like it could be mid to *maybe* high end foundation when you apply it. By this I mean the texture and the color. Its smooth, yellow toned, and has pretty good (medium) coverage, while still feeling very lightweight. I put on two layers of this and i could only 'just' feel as if i had makeup on. Also, this foundation is offered in shades that aren't overly pink or uhm "beige" (also known as pink) at your local "tar-jay" (target) or Walmart.

However.... that's where the pros of this product end.
This foundation will transfer. Everywhere. On your dog, on your mom, napkins, husbands, you name it, its gonna make its way there somehow. Even with setting powder. Its horrible.
Also, the lasting powder isn't that great. I have acne scars and they're kind of (note: kind of) visible at the end of the day...or around 7 ish hours later. Its not horrendous, I mean its not like its seperating or anything but its a little annoying.

Edit: Oh yeah, about the whole does this look good in photos thing. Well...uh..I actually don't know. But I think they meant photo ready as in different lightings (if I remember the ad correctly, the one with Halle Berry? On it)
they're just smart with their marketing-or well labelling. ;)

OK so do I recommend this? Uh. Only if you want an everyday foundation you don't mind fading a little, and leaving brown stains on napkins.

(Which is sort of embarrassing actually, when you're eating around other people and there is nothing close to brown on your plate)

I love this foundation! I've read the reviews on the "glitter" in it--and yes, it is there, and if you look super-uncomfortably up close to the person's face in direct sunlight, you will see the hint of shimmer. But as a person who has very pale, usually dull-er skin, I find that the shimmer truly helps give me a nice, radiant glow. It has a light-medium coverage; I usually use one and a half pumps. It does a good job of covering the redness in my cheeks and any small pimples I have. I definitely do think it gives that "airbrushed" effect--and when I feel my skin, it feels like silk. I get a little oily in my T-zone, and this does a very good job of staying matte, all day! The pump is VERY helpful in keeping the bottle clean and sanitary. Overall, I am very happy with this foundation, it's become my go-to! If you have paler skin that can look more dull (especially in winter), I would definitely give this a try!