Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.0%...Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 3.0%...Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Basically a holy grail product. For some reason, this cheap moisturizer is the ONLY thing that doesn't break me out. I've bought about ten highly rated moisturizers in the past couple of years, and everything else gives me either a couple of big cysts or a scattering of whiteheads. I always return to Trader Joe's moisturizer and my skin always clears up and stays clear for as long as I continue using it. (Two years at this point.)

It goes on light, smells very delicately fruity in a pleasant way, and doesn't leave my face greasy at all -- just soft and hydrated and non-flaky. I love that it doesn't smell like sunscreen. It doesn't leave any sort of white cast, though probably because the SPF is fairly low. I put more protective sunscreen on top of it. Also, many moisturizers have a way of migrating into my eyes and causing them to sting and water, but my eyes don't mind this at all.

on 3/17/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The packaging is all pretty and dainty but I'd stay a thousand feet away from this product. It has retinyl palmitate, which is a notorious ingredient as described in ewg, goodguide and other websites.

The few times I used it, I noticed some dark spots appearing on the face when I went outdoors. I am hoping those are reversible as I did not have those before using this lotion.

Otherwise, the lotion is good. It has a matte finish and it is not oily - not to mention the pretty bottle and clever packaging of this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Overall I love this moisturizer and plan to repurchase. I love that it has spf as the other moisturizer they had in the store did not. This would be a 5 lippie product for me if it had an spf of 30 or higher since that is the recommended minimal amount. It soaks in quickly and is not greasy, just as it advertises. It's a small bottle but I can tell it's going to last a long time. I use about a nickel size amount once or twice a day and there's about 4/5 of the bottle left after 1.5 months. It doesn't seem to aggravate my sensitive skin. I hate using this under my liquid foundation though because the foundation never adheres to my skin and slides around on my face, eventually sliding right off. Looks pretty bad. A matte powder to set it does not fix the problem. I'm unsure what the result would be if you used a powder foundation instead. I got it at Trader Joes for about $4 which is a fair price. The packaging is nice so far but I think once I start running out I'm going to wish there was a pump or a squeeze tube. No parabens or cones I believe, so go try it!
_________________________________________________________________________
EDIT:
I used this for about two months. It worked fine. But when I looked it up on EWG.org I was displeased with the bad rating it received. While using a TCA peel on my face I couldn't use anything that could be upsetting to my skin and then the idea struck me--"Why use something every day that I'm not comfortable using when my skin is sensitive? What is using harsh products daily doing to my skin in the long run? Shouldn't I just use the same products that I use to heal my peeled skin all the time?" So I am going the sensitive skincare route now. I am thinking of trying Kiss My Face Face Factor 30 moisturizer.

I found this moisturizer while surfing the reviews! Great one for very little money!

on 1/7/2015 2:22:00 AM

Great product. Sufficiently moisturizing for day on my combo skin, and spf. Often drugstore/cheaper spf burns or stings my face, this doesn't. My only complaint is that I wish the spf was a bit higher, living in southern california it'd be nice to have a bit more protection.

on 1/4/2015 8:31:00 PM

I have been using this moisturizer for about a month now after it replacing my Juice Beauty SPF moisturizer. This moisturizer is very light, very little fragrance, and does not clog my pores, has SPF 15 (I wish it were a bit more). Best of all it is very affordable and keeps my face moisturizer throughout an eight hour work day. This may not work for people in harsh winters but for me it's a no frills moisturizer with SPF. Definitely a repurchase!

on 9/9/2014 6:44:00 PM

Here's a product I wanted to love but as much as I try, I just don't. If Olay Daily moisturizer works well for you, this one probably will to, but both products aren't moisturizing enough for me. I have combinbation skin - oily-ish forehead, dry undereye, cheek area. It is really not enough to moisturize my dry spots. I have to use another product, like a serum, or gob this stuff on. The price point is fantastic, as are the ingredients. Love the SPF. Oh well.

on 8/2/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Ack! I should have read the ingredients a little more. Isoparaffin and Dimenthicone make me break out along my chin line and down my neck. My skin is very sensitive to the point that I can't even wear a primer. I wish TJ's made a very basic facial cream, the way they make their shampoo and conditioners. Oh well.

on 7/31/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this because I love the Nourish facial cleanser. This is a very simple moisturizer. I wish the SPF was a little higher -- I'd feel better wearing it on my face. I use this on my arms, hands, and chest. It is light and doesn't smell like a sunscreen. It moisturizes just fine. If it was SPF 30 -- I'd definitely buy it for me. But I use this on my kids faces on a daily basis -- not for swimming, but just everyday wear!

Simple, to-the-point, accessible and does exactly what it says on the tin. A great value and a great product. I won't be without it!