February 28, 2015 | 1821 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Brightening Eye Color - Brownstone

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2015 12:13:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

This is the only ELF eye makeup palette that I've repurchased and used for several years, as:
1. I'm a lazy girl and I don't normally wear eye makeup.
2. I found the combination of colors lovely and they suit my yellow-toned, fair Asian skin quite well.
Staying power is good but there's quite a bit of fallout. I've recently thrown away a palette I've had for around 4 years now. I'm on the fence whether I will repurchase again, but I suppose for this price, it's a safe bet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 10:22:00 PM More reviews by rach3al

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So i was at virginia beach and needed a simple smokey eye without much shimmer for a party. So for a dollar i was like awesome! so i was gonna used the sponge appilicater. only to lose it in my car. So now a lonely sponge is in the abyss of my car.So while i was applying this the quad is really small and your fingers are gonna have a tough time reaching into those tiny triangles. After the party which was 3 hours later the shadows seemed have faded not much tho. So for a dollar on this i guess i would repurchase. but what sucks is only target now sells them and now i have to drive to my 30 mile Target store.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by subahe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does not have a good pigmentation at all, so I ended up using just one colour (the second lightest one) out of the four shadows, because I could not get any colour payoff, although I used an eye primer underneath. With a good pigmentation, it would have been a great neutral quad with a gorgeous colour combination for everyday use

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love elf products, and I think they make pretty good eyeshadows. This quad is great because you get 4 rich pigment shadows, which you can use for building several looks, day and evening... My 2 problems are the fast that these shadows suffer from major fall out, and I did not like the triangle shape of the eyeshadows, because it's making it a little hard to reach with a finger or a brush...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

First off this quad isn't frosty like some other elf quads but it's not matte! The finish is satin.
The four hues are: cream, warm beige, dark gray/brown, charcoal.
The darkest shade is the charcoal which has almost no pigment. The cream,warm beige and gray/brown have decent pigment.
Like many of the elf quads when you put two colors next to each other they blend into a uniform shade, not good. The longevity is okay with a primer/base.
Overall" I'm not impressed, they are a dollar but that's what they're worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You get a combination of four really well chosen cool, neutral colours in this quad for less than the price of a coffee. They are almost completely matte, with the subtlest fleck of glitter. I know what you are thinking, but seriously. You really can only see the sparkle if you stare hard at the colours in the pan, they do not read at all once on the skin.

The two browns on the right of the palette are lovely; very well balanced to compliment each other as lid and crease colours. They have decent pigmentation and look good with blue eyes - every colour in the quad will make blue eyes pop but I bet they will also work on green eyes and flatter a variety of skin tones.

The paler colours on the left of the palette look great but I find the darker of the two is very hard to work with and has minimal colour payoff. Frustrating as it is a beautiful latte shade and looks like it would be really pretty as a brightening daytime lid colour. The peachy highlight colour is decently pigmented and works well as a colour wash and subtle highlight on my skin. It is slightly more satin in texture than the brown shades.

These colours apply well, blend beautifully and work so well together to create a harmonious daytime neutral eye, and I have succeeded in deepening the look into a smokey nighttime one just by building the colours. There is a bit of fallout from the darker shades but I just do my eyes first and remove any stray powder from my cheeks with a wet wipe.

Staying power so far has been great - I've neglected to use primer under these and still found myself with a decent looking eye at the end of the day. They stay put on me and do not crease.

The quad is small, so if travelling with a minimal cosmetic bag this is actually something I think I will reach for in future. The colours are so flattering and well matched I don't really need anything else for my eyes.

The only disappointment about this astonishingly classy quad is that unworkable latte shade. I am incredibly happy with this quad and will happily purchase again and again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I love the shades in this quad, but the pigmentation is non-existent (at least in my one). I've used it a couple of times, but every time I've had to really dig my brush into the product to pick up the colour and it takes so much building up of the shadows for them to even show up that it just isn't worth it. However I love the Day2Night quad, which is really pigmented, so I just think there are going to be hits and misses with these quads.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me just say that I love how compact the packaging is! Perfect for throwing into a handbag.
The brown colors have a pretty good color pay off... I just wish the lightest color (the peachy one for highlighting) had a better pay off. It hardly shows up at all!
But this quad is great for a natural, every day look. Plus since it's only $1, it's totally affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cool-tone neutral palette for a buck. The 2 lighter colors needs to be broken in a bit however I don't have a pigmentation problem with any of them once used. The colors are a nice satin/matte finish so it gives a very sophisticated and polished look. No frost/metallics or any risks of looking overly done during the day. The packaging to these are always really cheap but I've yet to have these break and I like how it's pocket sized to be honest! Doesn't take much room to pop these in a small makeup bag for the purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

The two dark colours rock, the light ones are poor quality n chalky. Would rebuy for the dark pair.