September 18, 2014 | 2056 users online

Foundations - Skinn Cosmetics - Absolute Perfection Pro-Collegen Skin Brightener with Skinn-Plexx 12

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by dreamy1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried every foundation for above average coverage due to hyperpigmentation. I used Colortration which is an amazing product. The coverage is maximum and it lasts. But it is matte. I ran out and had this item in Med Dark in my drawer as part of a kit from ShopNbc. I pulled it and applied not expecting much due to coverage paranoia on my part. I was wrong So wrong. First issue_ As a Caucasion my skin is darker than average. I have a real problem with color matching. Suntan might me too light sometimes or too orangey. The Skinn product I used was Med-Tan and did it blend. Upon application I could not for the first time see any difference between my face and my makeup. It disappeared. The finish leaves an amazing glow which is polished and consistent. It makes me look like I just came bak from vacation or hit lotto. Its extrememly buildable with no visible caking. No matter if i reapply at 5pm or build color upon application it only looks better. The lasting power is above average and i would recomment coverage for problems like circles etc applied before The Skinn product. I never thought I could wear a light weight foundation before due to coverage issues. This product is amazing It comes packaged in a tube and the cost is with ship approx 25 Worth every cent . One must order directly from their website or form ShopNBC or other home shopping networks if in Canada. Skinn products have a great reputation and the other products that came in my kit with the Skinn Brightener did not dissapoint I truly looked natural and glowing with little effort. Please consider Skinn line of products they are affordable and my experience with higher end brands is in comparison Skinn delivers on a makeup junkies needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad to see the Skinn website has this in a tube instead of the pot that mine is in. Because I will be buying this again, and the open pot was my least favorite thing about an otherwise perfect product.

I wore this all summer and had perfect looking skin. Never had to check it, or reapply, or worry about it settling into lines - even if I got too shiny this product adjusted to that and made me look dewy, not oily. Love!!! It didn't slid off in hot weather and I had complete confidence in it - and so quick and easy to apply and blend.

This winter I put it aside and went back to all my other foundations and suddenly found that nothing looked good - and I love some of the ones I have (EA's Flawless Finish, Lise Watier's Matte Finish) - but I couldn't figure out why they suddenly looked meh. They looked flat on my face and kind of dry in the creases and were hard to work with - never knew what I was going to see in the mirror throughout the day.

Today I pulled out my pot of Absolute Perfection, and tried it as my foundation for the day, because i was having a very casual Saturday - and holy cow - what a lovely difference - moist, flawless, light, and radiant - just like I looked all summer! It makes the contours of my face more defined so I actually have cheekbones!!! And my blush looks amazing and lasts longer than it was. Wow! So I've realized this is a real gem of a product. I'm not going to repurchase my Lise or Elizabeth Arden (until further notice!!)- I'm going to stick with this because i get amazing results and I feel more like Me.

It goes on kind of yellowy orange and shimmery, but it blends in perfectly and brightens your skin without it being white, or Tin Man, or sitting around the edges of my pours. It's just perfect. I got it in a kit from the Shopping Channel and it was definitely one of the winners of that kit. Will buy again when I need it, but the way it's lasting right now it will be a while before i need more.