September 18, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lipstick - Giorgio Armani - Rouge d'Armani 400

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by preeti387

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome lipcolor. It looks perfect on me. It lasts me almost 8 hours. I might need to use a lip conditioner to moisturize my lips but I wouldnt really mind that. Love the color. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by tralala1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous, deeply pigmented true red. Think Hollywood in the 1940s -- it's that classic shade of glamorous red. For daytime at the office, I like to dot it on with my finger so that it looks more like a stain, but for nighttime or special occasions, I apply it with a brush for a dramatic look. For that reason, it's an exceptionally versatile product, and even when used as a stain, it lasts a long time and has a lot of pigment.

The texture is gorgeous too; the lipstick glides on and even though the pigment is deep, it's not heavy or chalky like a lot of the deep red shades (I'm looking at you, Ruby Woo). The packaging is also pretty ingenious; it looks beautiful and the snaps shut with a magnetic closure.

If you're a red lipstick lover, you really should try this one out out if you don't mind the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by cmgreene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this. I've lost count of how many red lipsticks I own, from very cheap to very expensive, and this is my favourite, hands down.

This is a heavily pigmented true red with blue undertones. The formula feels very creamy going on and, even though it's extremely long-lasting, remains comfortable and is never drying. I tend to wear it over lip balm for extra moisture and this doesn't seem to affect its longevity at all. I've already run out and bought more Armani lipsticks in different colours, and I'll definitely be repurchasing the red when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by SaraMaquillaje

I have to say this is the prettiest color I have ever seen. It is a magnific red with blue undertones, very rich and pigmented and with a satin finish. It is not drying at all.

I bought it because it was similar to Mac Red, which I own and love, but is too drying (if I wear it to days in a row I get terribly parched lips).
Armani rouge was a very similar color, even more vibrant, but moisturizing and more longwear.

However, I used it for the first time on Christmas Eve and, after just the first cocktail te color had dissapeared in the middle of the lip only, leaving me with the worst clown look ever!

I read a review here where a woman had the same problem...I donīt know hat it was but the formula did not feel right. So I went back to the counter and complained. Having paid such a high price, it felt stupid to have a lipstick that could not stay in place for half an hour. They exchanged it for a new one and it seems like this one stays perfectly! Same perfect color but slightly creamier texture and this one does not fade in the middle.

So it looks like there was something wrong with the first one after all.
The texture is very nice, moisturizing and (this time), yes, longwear.
I only give 2 lippies because I assume they have some problems in the quality control department, and that the other reviewer and my first lipstick were "fails" that were not taken out of the market. I like brands I can trust, so I think I will never buy anything from Armani again.

However, this lipstick (the second one I got) is amazing, in color and texture, and the magnetic packaging is so elegant and beautiful. BUT If you buy it, be sure to get it from a nice department store with a good return/exchange policy in case you have problems.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

This is a nice red lipstick with blue undertones. The l/s is smooth and not drying and the color is very sexy. really nice

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best red lipstick I've ever tried, even better than Guerlain Rouge G in Garconne, as much as it pains me to admit due to the $$$ I dropped on it. It's slightly darker and a bit cooler than Garconne, more of a medium true red with neutral-to-slightly cool undertones. Being that it is in the center of the spectrum, it is perfect applied as is for a lovely scarlet, or darkened or brightened with a lip liner or gloss, as desired. I also love that the formula is comfortable, has a satin finish, and is longwearing (lasted very well through a meal and doesn't transfer easily onto drink glasses). Armani lipsticks deserve every bit of acclaim that they receive!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw all the great reviews and bought this lipstick. I have been wearing only red lipstick every day for about 20 years. I am sad to say that being a hoarder of red lipsticks I have tried many, many different brands and this one just did not cut it.

The color is beautiful but is does not wear well for me, it wears off in the middle and crusts around the inside of my lips :(

I wanted to like this but I get better staying power and color from Flirt and Revlon for a lot less money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by thaomatlock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They've got an amazing formula here. The lipstick stays on for an incredibly long time, even if you put it on over lip balm, even if you eat fish & chips (like I just did). This 400-Red is very classic and great for everyone. But they also have a huge range of lovely colours. You can't go wrong. A bit pricey, but it's probably worth it (especially since you don't have to reapply often).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When a lipstick comes to the question, I never use one more than once. But this might be an exeption. I just adore the color, the texture...But not the price...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MorAvFire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a beautiful color! I was a bit dissappointed when I first received this because the color swatched EXACTLY like MAC Red. So I actually contemplated returning it before trying it... then I changed my mind. I am so glad I did! The color is similar to MAC's Red but, the color lasts FOREVER and did not bleed AT ALL!!! I am in love with this lipstick. I am a pretty loyal MAC lipstick girl but, these Armani lippy's may change the game. Definitely worth the money!