December 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - 1-1/2" Instant Heat Curling Iron

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one time I don't consult MUA....This went back immediately. It barey held a culrl but what was much worse was the clamp pulled out my hair. I love the 3/4 iron from Conair but this model should be scrapped and completely redone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by flolewis

awful, I want to scream when I use it because it just doesn't work! at least, it was 15$, but still....

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by RiRiPanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long thick hair and it did not keep a curl whatsoever. Everytime i use it it totally frustrates me! I do not recommend this at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dreamee

Terrible. I have fine, long hair and even on the highest heat setting the "curls" would go completely straight minutes after curling. My hot tools 1" curling iron is fantastic, but I was looking for a dual voltage iron as I am moving to Korea soon. So disappointed in the Conair iron, it's seriously awful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was an ok curling iron
I don't have the longest hair, it is layered and the longest piece is above the chest area
It was an affordable curling iron and added fullness and bounce to my hair
I used the minimal heat setting so I did not achieve curls or waves
This was pretty good but I'm sure there are better but for the price, I am happy with this.
It is purple and ceramic so I love it...it's so cute!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nekqua1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because i had a dance coming up and wanted to curl my hair for it but when i tried curling my hair with it all i would get is this suckish wave it would give a great wave whenever i would do waves but the curls never worked so i returned it and would definitly never buy it again... instead i bought a revlon 3/4 inch curling iron and the curls were great and lasted through the 4 hour dance

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by margyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had this for a few days and used it twice, so I'll update if my opinion changes.

My hair is long (15-20cm below shoulder) and thin

I was looking for a high-end curler that was this size, but couldn't so I settled with this.

I use a heat protecting spray before using the product, and a VERY LIGHT coat of hair spray after

I put the iron at 30, the highest level. If you tried this and the curl didn't really hold, you might need to turn up the temperature.

Pros:
-different settings
-price ($25-ish Canadian)
-gives smooth loose curls that stay
-I like that there's an indicator light that tells you when the iron has heated up
-doesn't take long to curl my hair

Cons:
-Nothing really...

Neutral:
-I hope this doesn't break down since it was so cheap
-make sure you know HOW to curl you hair (if you need a good reference video of how I do it, message me)
-the way I curl my hair is so that I have soft waves/curls...I don't want my hair too puffy/volumised because that would mean I need to put more chemicals/product in my hair to prevent fly-aways (note again that I have thin hair that goes dry and sticks up in winter)

----------------------------------------