October 24, 2014 | 2005 users online

Concealers - Coastal Scents - Camo Quad - Medium

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lengoctram95

Like many others, I would love to like this concealer. But at the end of the day, I can't. I bought this to hide some of my tiny pimples and acne scars. Convinced by the rave from youtube, here and many other blogs , i though " this will be my holly grail". Although the few first tries were wonderful: it covered everything, it match my skintone and last for the whole day ; I found there was something wrong. My face started to have big acne that I've never had, the concealer feel quite heavy and it turned out to very cakeky texture when the weather get cold, instead of the smooth thing in the summer. I stopped using this concealer and try another mineral one and my pimple got whole lot better. I guess I'm allegic to mica or something in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ToriexBotts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got the concealer today! I wore it all day and it didn't move, or wear off! It's texture is creamy, yet it's not cakey. The reason why I didn't vote this a 5/5 is for two reasons. One, it doesn't have a mirror, but when it stays so well, you might not need one. The other reason is I tried to blend it with my fingers, and it just doesn't look natural like the rest of my makeup. So I used my maximum concealer brush from Bare Minerals and it seems to work a little better! All and all, I'll get use to the product, but for right now, I'm loving it and defiantly recommend for under the eyes and around the nose!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AllWhoWander

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This review is for the camouflage concealer palette from Coastal Scents.

This is much better than I would have thought for the price, and there is a pretty good range of concealer colors from the lightest ivory to mid-brown.

The container itself is kind of cheap looking and there is no mirror, but this is a good set to buy if you are looking for a good deal or for teenagers, etc. The product inside is actually pretty good although like many creamy products needs to be set with translucent powder to work best.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have come back to this concealer after a long time of neglecting it. I use it mostly to cover up red or darker blemishes on my cheek and around my nose. It is great as I can use it any time of year (I range from NC30 to 40) and not have to buy a new shade. It lasts a really long time on flat surfaces on my face even in very hot weather. The only problem I have it that it creases a but around my nose and mouth near my smile lines. For the price, versatility and ease of use (just need fingers!) this is a great product. Will keep me over until I find another pan concealer which doesn't crease as much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by chefjordan

Great concealer quad. I'm an NC20-25 and the second darkest shade works perfectly to cover blemishes. The colours definitely go on lighter than they look. Not greasy at all, works under my eyes or on my face, blends beautifully. Unfortunately, the lid broke off, but that's not a huge deal to me. Definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I was a little skeptical about this product, I'm very fair (NF 15 MAC foundation) but alot of reviewers seemed to favor the medium Quad so I gave it a go.

the first few days the product was very creamy and easily blendable, the peachy beige colour covered my dark circles beautifully, though I usually mix it with the yellow from the corrector quad for better coverage and eye brightening effect. it does harden a bit later but still blendable if you warm it up on your fingertips before applying.

the white makes an excellent eye-shadow base.

at first I didn't know what all the fuss was about, now a month later I've realized that I haven't even touched my MAC concealer since I got this! for $8 this is a good bargain, you get a really good concealer and an eyeshadow base (for some a conture creme too) all in one for the price of a drug store product.

I well re-purchase this, hopefully they'll have it in stock since those and the colour correcter always seem to be soldout.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this concealer but I only use it under my eyes. *I don't use any concealer on pimples because it makes them larger- just a personal preference* Day 1 of the product being out of the box, the surface of this cream concealer was at its creamiest. A few days later, the tops of the concealer were more dry, but if I pressed in for product I still got the concealer at a creamy texture. I notice with MAC or Bobbi brown etc. their products stay creamy at all times, but this was only $7.95. I am NC15/NC20 and I chose Medium. Normally I am the lightest in concealer shades but Medium is perfect. The tan red based shades are great to neutralize dark circles. I use the 2nd to lightest beige color on top of one of the dark. Sometimes I use the white shade to highlight my eyelid, my cupid's bow, or I use it under my eye and it brightens the eye area so well! You could also do some highlighting /contouring with this medium palette because of the white to medium brown contrast in colors. I did notice when I blend the concealer under the eye to the top of my cheek bones, or sides of nose I got little cystic bumps in those areas. All cream foundations/concealers do this to me, which is why I don't use concealer on my face. Before using this I would rotate MUFE full coverage, Lancome effacernes, & MAC studio finish which are all full coverage. I have not touched my other concealers since buying this quad. This product is full coverage, and works equally as effective if not better (because you can blend 4 shades and neutralize anything) unlike a regular concealer in 1 shade. This product photographs well, and it lasts all day under my eyes. I set it with any face powder I happen to be using that day. I find patting this concealer works best, because rubbing it tends to sheer it out a little. The colors in this palette actually work better to camouflage dark circles than the yellow in the colorful concealer palette they offer if anyone is debating on which to get for dark circles. This doesn't crease in wrinkles, but when applying I do make sure to blend well if I bring it to the outer corner of my eye. I am very pleased that I can set this concealer with powder instantly, without waiting for it to sit & dry, and the under eye area never looks cakey, I never do that with my mac or mufe. Would buy again, $8 for 4 shades!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by nanas2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've a rather sensitive skin which breaks out easily. I read the reviews and went on to buy the camo quad in medium. The colour was really beautiful, and sexy. Initially I put in on my eyes, no man, it is DAMN dry on eyes, and I'm only 22. And slowly, I begin to apply on my face, well, the colur is really nice, thick and nice coverage, esp the dark brown colour, great for blush, BUT, it BROKE me out ;(
I'm so sad, I continued trying, and every time I tried, it gives me bumps and such, till now, I stopped recently and bought another bronzer to use, hoping it won't give me bumps again :( my face is combination anyways.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After reading so many good reviews I decided to try this product. The packaging is pretty good and the price is indeed dirt cheap, but im not very satisfied with this product. It just doesnt cover up my acne scars, though I have to admitt I havent found any concealer which does the trick.

The colours which come in the packaging are in my opinion also quite weird, maybe the light shade is meant for highlighting and the dark one for contouring I dunno. Overal a decent product for a good price, but I would rather pay a bit more if that means getting a better result.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by WhirlsAndPearls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, I think that this product is very good. The coverage is amazing and it has pretty good long wear. The only reason why I would not repurchase this item is because I only use one shade out of the four daily. (Occasionally I will use the white shade to highlight the arch under my brows) Overall, good product but I wouldn't buy this again..