September 1, 2014 | 1059 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere mist LUXE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is everything I wanted the original Cashmere mist EDT/EDP to smell like. I loved the idea of a perfume featuring powdery woods as it's main accord and backed up by light floral notes, but the EDT formulation didn't work on me- it was too harsh and synthetic smelling. This version, however, seems much smoother and well-blended; the powdery woods aspect is soft and feminine rather than screechy. I even got a compliment today while wearing it, which is rare because I don't apply more than a squirt or two in order not to offend others with heavy sillage. It's a very mellow, cozy scent that seems perfectly suited to autumn weather. I would repurchase if I ever ran out, and I recommend it to others for whom Cashmere Mist EDT/EDP fell slightly short of their expectations.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by taradiddle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

DK Cashmere Mist Luxe is a sensual, strong-yet-soft scent. On my skin, amber is the most prominent note, and it is softened by woods and a low hint of jasmine. The other floral notes listed are not distinct. It's a cold weather scent that lasts for a long time close to the skin.

As the other reviewers have noted, it smells very creamy, with less of the baby powder note of the original edt, although I find that I do get a bit of powder in the dry down. It's a lovely scent, but it isn't right for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LaStupenda

I got a sample of this at Nordstrom. The pros? It's a very nice scent, and stays intensely strong for HOURS. Probably the longest lasting, most intense fragrances I've ever used. BUT, this smells like very nice soap. Even worse, it smells like aerosol based deodorant. Secret aerosol deodorant to be exact. Plus, it was SO strong that it severely irritated my throat all day. This one was a scrubber after 8 hours

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I have a lot of difficulty with finding fragrances that don't give me a raging headache or worse, make me sick to my stomach so when I find one I love AND it doesn't make me feel sick I am a happy woman. I remember the orginal being o.k. but the super powdery notes to it were a turnoff. This new version, as the other reviewer pointed out, is totally lacking that powdery edge thankfully. I am not a sophisticated nose to say the least but agree this is warm and sexy and quite a statement while still staying close to the skin. I only have a few samples of this but this is FBW for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Boogerbrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just recieved in the mail today. IT'S wonderful :) LOVE IT !
Wish I could describe the scent, its very complex, to me not floral but creamy and deep. Vanilla, woods...eh, I can't pick out anything else really. Someone with a more educated nose, help me out here !
All I know is, it's a VERY SEXY scent. I hope my husband agrees :)
It is nothing ALL like the original version IMO. The scent is very intense without being strong or overpowering. Doesn't have that powdery note to it that the original mist had. Which is a good thing. Smells very EXPENSIVE..Probably because it is the Parfum, and not an EDT.
LUXE is a GREAT way to describe it...
Taken from internet description : "Cashmere Mist Luxe Edition Eau de Parfum is a modern, enhanced creation of the original, concentrating on a selection of natural ingredients the highest quality available in perfumery: Heightened notes of Watery Elements and Bergamot mingle with two Jasmine absolutes, Orange Flower, Ylang and Muget, enveloped by the creaminess of Moss, Blonde woods, Amber, Labdanum and Vanilla. The result is a concentrated impression with an unparalleled sensuous depth and texture."