October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Eye Shadow - Bourjois - Smoky Eyes Trio - Gris Dandy 01

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by kamillia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really think this eye shadow is a disaster. It is not creamy, absolutely not pigmented and not soooo unbelievably hard to blend. I bought one and just had to through it away in a couple of weeks. Such a waste! Very dissapointed...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

Really quite nice, very dark and dramatic though so only really gets an airing for a night out but worth having on hand for me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This review is for the Smoky Eyes Trio in 09-Lady Vert de Gris, which consists of 3 colors in the taupe/cool brown family. The lightest one looks like a warmer Electra from Mac (feels like a Lustre too). It's a medium-to-light taupe, and as far as texture goes, it's a chunky mess that causes massive fall-out and needs major building up in order to show up. The other two shadows in the trio are a medium-to-dark cool brown and a really dark cool brown, both Satin finish, but very poor payoff. All three colors are rather hard to work with; they don't go on intensely (even with a base underneath), they don't last very long, they're difficult to blend, and their fall-out is a nightmare to clean up. Brushes are, unfortunately, not the tools to use with this trio - the tiny sponge applicator that comes with it does the best job at packing on the colors, and if that one can't, nothing will. The only reason you'd use a brush with them would be to blend them out, but that makes them literally disappear. Being so poor in payoff, blendability, intensity and staying power, you need to dip and re-dip in the pan and apply several swipes of each color on the lids to create a look. Plus the packaging looks a little fake and toy-like. However, the reason I've given this trio 3 lippies instead of 2, is because after all this patient work, the outcome is an elegant and discrete smoky eye, perfect for the office or for a night out with a bolder lip. This is the first eyeshadow trio I've found that is just right for this purpose, aka classy and professional but not over-the top. It's a no-brainer for every day that saves you the time of putting together color combos appropriate for a work environment. Therefore I will most likely use this one up, but not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a lovely kit for creating an easy smokey eye. The shadows blend very well, and for the price it's pretty decent quality. Also the packaging is pleasing to the eye - always a bonus.

I've worn this palette out clubbing and it had fairly good lasting power. Not perfect, but they hadn't creased too much, and hadn't disappeared into nothingness.

Overall, I'm happy this is in my makeup collection. I'd like to try the brown/neutral version.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have these eyeshadows in nude ingenu.I like only the darkest color.The other two are too light and shimmery for my taste.They are very fragile also-they got broken for unknown reason some time after I bought them.I also do not like the brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the green version (08 vert trendy) and though the colours looked lovely in the case and were easy to blend, it drived me bananas when I aplied this the first time, cause I've alreay done my face and there were lots of fallouts so I had to do my face again. Argh!
I don't have a hard time with the pimentation except for the lightest shade, which I have to layer twice, which is veeeeery rare as I'm pale like a ghost (below NC15) and pretty much all colours show well on my complexion. Therefore, I can imagine that you'll have to layer this a couple of times to get a decent amount of pigment if you're tanned or just naturally above let's say NC/NW25.
What also disappointed me was the fact that the e/s in fact did have some satin finish when applied but somehow they didn't look very vibrant. It was ok, but not what I have expected, so I won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is quite nice for creating a smokey eye but for anything else...I tried using the black shade as a liner and failed miserably. I tried applying it with a wet brush..the result wasn't any better. At the time (two years ago) I was quite satisfied with it but now, being used to the high pigmentation and ''creaminess'' of the Sleek I-Divine palettes this seems like a really crappy product. Even some e.l.f. quads (like the Drama one) seem better than this and they cost 10 times less. It's not that hard to blend but it's really chalky and there's quite a lot of fallout. I also don't like the packaging and the brush that's included.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thanks to this product I learned how to make up. I've got 3 of them in gray, violet and brown and I must say that I liked the Violet Romantic the most. The quality of the 3 of them is the same, simply the shade suits me better. And it's got this unique indigo hue. Overall, a very good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

I bought this with other 2 which is green and pink trio. All of them fail my expectation. When I try them on my hand in the drugstore, the color looksawesome. But when I go home use my brushes to apply, totally fail. Not blendable. not pigmented, not long lasting. I regret buying them.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by jod84

i got this in the brown tones. im not a great fan of this product because the colour pay off is very poor......i had to use a really wet brush just to get a tint of colour!!! and it dont stay put but they are very pretty colours