August 2, 2014 | 982 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Minerals

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My usual foundation routine consists of moisturizer, primer, liquid or cream foundation and a translucent setting powder. With summer in full force I was looking for something much lighter and that would not melt off with the heat and humidity. Wayne Goss, makeup up artist has raved about mineral powders and in fact uses them instead of a creamy heavier foundation. After comparing several of them in the stores, these powders aren't cheap, so I settled on this Cover Girl brand since it was more reasonably priced at $9. I have light-med skin with my summer tan but I still chose the lightest option which was #405 Light/Claro/Pale. This comes with a powder pouf, but I prefer using a fluffly powder brush. This was so easy to apply and it really did give me a nice overall glow and it evened out my skintone. I used this over moisturizer and it worked very well as a foundation for me. This has worked very well for me as a summer humidity buster and does not melt off or streak with sweat. All that was good. It is easily touched up too with a pouf of powder should I need to. I did not need to, but I was going for a natural I don't have makeup on look. Now the not so good, this shade was amost too dark for me and this was the lightest shade available. I am suntanned and while I have light skin even without a tan, it is not Snow White fair so this is not going to work for a lot of fair skinned girls. I do not expect this shade to be compatible with my skintone come winter though. The brush was hard to use with this as it was difficult to control the amount of powder. Tilting the dish over without the powder pouf inside provides too much, while simply tapping it gently gives too little and it gets in the air, I ended up trying to tap the excess off the powder pouf and dabbing my brush into that. I have been using this for over a month now, and I really love it. I can use it beneath foundation for a more finished look and more staying power, or alone for a sheer natural look and even out my skintone. The only reason I would not repurchase is that I would like a lighter color as this one is bordering on too deep for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Kyleebetts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually love this product, as long as it is in a lighter shade. It lasted all day which was good, because I actually wore it for the first time at a Luke Bryan concert last night & it lasted through everything. It also feels as though nothing is there, and does not leave a sticky or clumpy feeling residue. Plus, it seemed as though I had a very clear complexion due to it! I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Holy crap on a stick, this powder is /dark/.
I am very fair-skinned; I bought this on sale for one reason: I was assuming that it would make an awesome powder for when I am tanned. That was not even close to the case; even when my skin is at its most tanned, the powder remains grossly dark. Because of that, I was extremely disappointed; the shade of it is Light, but it is nowhere near an actual light skin tone. So, if you are fair-skinned like me, then this probably isn't your best bet.
Being stuck with this abundant supply of loose powder, my only other solution was to use this powder as a bronzer. Now, I have a totally different opinion about this product as a bronzer. It's warm toned and not too dark, making this a perfect natural bronzer for contouring. I used this during the winter, while I was at my palest, and this gave me the best contouring look out of all my bronzers. I would not call this product buildable by any means; it's capable of being one hue only. Yes, this stuff is sparkly, but it's honestly not that noticeable if you don't pile on the product.
The staying power is not great, unfortunately; with little pigmentation comes little responsibility *shot*. It's pretty easy to rub off whatever you put on, unless you use setting spray to salvage its lifespan.
For the measly price of around $8, you get a shitload of powder in a shitty package. The plastic container is cheap and flimsy; in fact, I dropped this once and the lid is now cracked. In addition, it doesn't close tightly- you can pull the lid off without twisting it- so spilling is highly likely.
So, my final opinion: This powder straddles between being a face powder and a bronzer- I don't love this stuff as an all-over face thing, but it makes a lovely light bronzer. Yet, it still has lots of detriments to its quality, and you can find a much better product in the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by yeahitsparisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really like this powder! It's not that sparkly honestly no one has ever commented on that. I used makeup forever foundation and set it with this powder and it works great. It's not translucent it kind of has color to it but it stays on for hours. I've tried so much makeup so take my word for it & give it a try

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

I have this in two shades and I use them as bronzers/highlighters/blush.
The 440 Natural Bronze - Mineral bronzer is sooooooooooooo dark.. I mean theres bronze, and then there's BRONZE!!! I have to be really careful when using it or it looks like I've shoved my face in a pile of dirt. It does stay on all day though.
The other one is the 425 Pure Romance - Mineral blush. Its gorgeous light pink colour but it's full of sparkles. I only use it at night time if I'm going out or else I look ridiculous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

TRUblend Minerals Loose Powder is one of my first choice products. The powder itself is very fine & light. I like that I can't tell I'm wearing something on my face. My favourite thing about it is the very natural glow it gives my skin. There is subtle glitter/shimmer & it looks really nice in the sun or good lighting.

I recommend wearing this over foundation because the shade selection isn't very good; there is fair, light, medium, & honey & we all know how frustrating it can be trying to place your skin tone based on three or four generic colour slots. There is a "dark" shade available, 420 Translucent Honey, but I got a 405 Translucent Fair because I don't wear it alone. I choose to wear it over liquid makeup because of the nice finish it provides.

Cons: I do wish the lid screwed on & off as opposed to simply lifting/pressing it; I'm afraid of a spill because it's a little too easy to open the container. Second, the holes in the divider are a bit too big. A lot of product comes out at once & that can accidentally make a mess. Basically, I'd like if the amount that comes out was a little more controlled. Aside from those things, TruBlend Minerals is 5 out of 5!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I use this powder in number 405- which I believe is Translucent Fair. I wouldn't say the colors are true to what they say at all though. I am Caucasian, I would say pale to Olive skin tone and this definitely adds some color to my face. But it looks great on me...makes a flawless finish. If you are very fair skinned I would go even lighter. And yes there IS shimmer in it, but it doesn't seem over powering to me. I use a very small amount...a little goes a LONG way, and I also don't reapply at all, just in the morning and that's it. The only thing I don't like about this product, as others have stated, is the packaging. It is HORRIBLE traveling with this thing, the lid always cracks. Too bulky. Oh and other reviewers stated you get too much powder on the brush since so much of it comes out of the tiny holes. What I do for that is just dip my brush in once, and tap excess off into the lid part and apply from there for a lighter application. Just a thought. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first mineral powder. I really liked it until l realized I look like Edward Cullen with all the GLITTER.. Which my sister find it hilarious.. If you're going out at night or have a good sense of humour, it's fine. It also sucks if It tips over in your makeup bag/drawer. Have fun trying to get it back through the little holes! I think that is common to mineral powders though, so I shouldn't complain.

All negativity aside, it's not a bad product. Would be perfect for me if it wasn't so shimmery.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product until I ran out and never repurchased again. I honesty really loved it. This has been my first and only loose powder. But I just never repurchased because when I started using this powder I was a beginner in using makeup and I think I got a shade waaayyy too dark. Even though I did get the shade 405 which is translucent fair. I love how this powder goes on so smoothly. It does have some shimmer in it. If I do repurchase this powder it'll be used as a bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It made me look extremely oily, cakey,and it gave me a glittery shimmery kind of look. Who's idea was it to add glitter in a foundation powder?!