April 18, 2014 | 1351 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Minerals

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by yeahitsparisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really like this powder! It's not that sparkly honestly no one has ever commented on that. I used makeup forever foundation and set it with this powder and it works great. It's not translucent it kind of has color to it but it stays on for hours. I've tried so much makeup so take my word for it & give it a try

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

I have this in two shades and I use them as bronzers/highlighters/blush.
The 440 Natural Bronze - Mineral bronzer is sooooooooooooo dark.. I mean theres bronze, and then there's BRONZE!!! I have to be really careful when using it or it looks like I've shoved my face in a pile of dirt. It does stay on all day though.
The other one is the 425 Pure Romance - Mineral blush. Its gorgeous light pink colour but it's full of sparkles. I only use it at night time if I'm going out or else I look ridiculous.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

TRUblend Minerals Loose Powder is one of my first choice products. The powder itself is very fine & light. I like that I can't tell I'm wearing something on my face. My favourite thing about it is the very natural glow it gives my skin. There is subtle glitter/shimmer & it looks really nice in the sun or good lighting.

I recommend wearing this over foundation because the shade selection isn't very good; there is fair, light, medium, & honey & we all know how frustrating it can be trying to place your skin tone based on three or four generic colour slots. There is a "dark" shade available, 420 Translucent Honey, but I got a 405 Translucent Fair because I don't wear it alone. I choose to wear it over liquid makeup because of the nice finish it provides.

Cons: I do wish the lid screwed on & off as opposed to simply lifting/pressing it; I'm afraid of a spill because it's a little too easy to open the container. Second, the holes in the divider are a bit too big. A lot of product comes out at once & that can accidentally make a mess. Basically, I'd like if the amount that comes out was a little more controlled. Aside from those things, TruBlend Minerals is 5 out of 5!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I use this powder in number 405- which I believe is Translucent Fair. I wouldn't say the colors are true to what they say at all though. I am Caucasian, I would say pale to Olive skin tone and this definitely adds some color to my face. But it looks great on me...makes a flawless finish. If you are very fair skinned I would go even lighter. And yes there IS shimmer in it, but it doesn't seem over powering to me. I use a very small amount...a little goes a LONG way, and I also don't reapply at all, just in the morning and that's it. The only thing I don't like about this product, as others have stated, is the packaging. It is HORRIBLE traveling with this thing, the lid always cracks. Too bulky. Oh and other reviewers stated you get too much powder on the brush since so much of it comes out of the tiny holes. What I do for that is just dip my brush in once, and tap excess off into the lid part and apply from there for a lighter application. Just a thought. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first mineral powder. I really liked it until l realized I look like Edward Cullen with all the GLITTER.. Which my sister find it hilarious.. If you're going out at night or have a good sense of humour, it's fine. It also sucks if It tips over in your makeup bag/drawer. Have fun trying to get it back through the little holes! I think that is common to mineral powders though, so I shouldn't complain.

All negativity aside, it's not a bad product. Would be perfect for me if it wasn't so shimmery.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product until I ran out and never repurchased again. I honesty really loved it. This has been my first and only loose powder. But I just never repurchased because when I started using this powder I was a beginner in using makeup and I think I got a shade waaayyy too dark. Even though I did get the shade 405 which is translucent fair. I love how this powder goes on so smoothly. It does have some shimmer in it. If I do repurchase this powder it'll be used as a bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It made me look extremely oily, cakey,and it gave me a glittery shimmery kind of look. Who's idea was it to add glitter in a foundation powder?!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This stuff is so shimmery!! Ahh. it's crazy. And when you close the top powder flies out everywhere. Other than that it's okay. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by purpletter5

I am very disappointed with this...DO NOT BUY! It has a lot of unless sparkle making me look like I was dipped in sugar like edward cullen or something. It doesn't cover much. No I just don't like it. The packaging is horrible. I am so going to return this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my HG loose powder for a long time! I am a NC42 and I used the translucent fair. (405) The colours run a bit darker in my opinion and this one suited me perfectly in the wintertime, it was a tad light for me in summer. I have quite a few acne scars and this on top of my Mac Studio Finish concealer gave me a flawless look. My friends would always comment on how great my skin looked and some people I met would have never known I have acne prone skin with terrible scars. I would always get asked what I was wearing because people said it matched my skin tone so perfectly, I could even look at my face in the mirror in the car with no shame because my skin looked that good!

It never gave me a single pimple and one jar lasted me a long long time, I'm talking like almost 2 years with almost everyday use in winter and autumn/fall. I used my Ecotools kabuki to apply this and it blended beautifully. I didn't like the packaging, (this is the first loose powder I ever used to I don't know if all loose powder packaging sucks or it's just this one) I would just shake a little into the lid and then use it straight from the lid. I never had to touch my face up at all during the day.

One thing I didn't like at first about this is the sparkles, after a while I noticed my fingers and arms were sometimes sparkly from touching my face. It never appeared sparkly at all in the mirror though, well simple fix I just stopped touching my face. (which I shouldn't be doing anyway)

I think it's been discontinued in Australia cause I can't find it anymore. I saw its still available in the USA so I am definitely getting some on my trip in November,