September 23, 2014 | 2075 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Collection Set

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xxMakeUpJunkiexx

I absolutely adore MUFE ! The professional quality of their products is really fantastic, and I love their eyeliners SO much! My boyfriend surprised me and bought me the 25th anniversary complete set of 25 colors and I must say it is by far one of my favorite "pieces". It literally has every color u can ever imagine or need (everything from hot pink to smoky gray) & I'll be surprised if I need to buy a new eyeliner for a lonnngggg time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having purchased the full-sized Forest Green (20L) (reviewed) from MUFE, I wanted to try more of these pencils but didn't want to invest in another full-sized pencil. Sephora, as always, came to the rescue with this Aqua Eyes Collection Set, $35 (a $49 value). I've tried all the colors, mixed them, reviewed them, and now can make a definitive review of the entire set.

If you are looking for a lot of eye pencil, look elsewhere. These little babies are little. There are five of them, as follows:
- 0L black
- 21L dark grey (new)
- 12L blue with green highlights
- 4L shimmering plum
- 23L champagne
They come in an adorable metal case, each pencil embedded in a groove within a tray. I feel like a kindergarten kid with her own set of fancy art pencils. Emotions aside, though, I am very pleased to have bought this set because it was a "try me" kit for a brand which is new to me, and eyeliner pencils can be risky. Even in this set, some are better than others (black/dark grey/champagne I rate higher than the other two, although they are all good).

Bottom line is that MUFE has produced a wonderful array of high-quality eyeliner pencils. I have returned to using pencils after gels disappointed me and the only other method I use is liquid liner for a very different type of look (and that product has been discontinued, of course).

I think I can still use the package/tray after these little pencils are done for, and I honestly can't say how long they will last. I use only a small amount of the product each time I line my eyes, and have not yet sharpened them, but for the price and the experience of getting to try five colors at once, I'm glad I bought them. I'd repurchase the set but I think I'll likely purchase the separate favorites in full-size. The set is very travel-friendly.