November 24, 2014 | 1872 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Collection Set

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xxMakeUpJunkiexx

I absolutely adore MUFE ! The professional quality of their products is really fantastic, and I love their eyeliners SO much! My boyfriend surprised me and bought me the 25th anniversary complete set of 25 colors and I must say it is by far one of my favorite "pieces". It literally has every color u can ever imagine or need (everything from hot pink to smoky gray) & I'll be surprised if I need to buy a new eyeliner for a lonnngggg time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having purchased the full-sized Forest Green (20L) (reviewed) from MUFE, I wanted to try more of these pencils but didn't want to invest in another full-sized pencil. Sephora, as always, came to the rescue with this Aqua Eyes Collection Set, $35 (a $49 value). I've tried all the colors, mixed them, reviewed them, and now can make a definitive review of the entire set.

If you are looking for a lot of eye pencil, look elsewhere. These little babies are little. There are five of them, as follows:
- 0L black
- 21L dark grey (new)
- 12L blue with green highlights
- 4L shimmering plum
- 23L champagne
They come in an adorable metal case, each pencil embedded in a groove within a tray. I feel like a kindergarten kid with her own set of fancy art pencils. Emotions aside, though, I am very pleased to have bought this set because it was a "try me" kit for a brand which is new to me, and eyeliner pencils can be risky. Even in this set, some are better than others (black/dark grey/champagne I rate higher than the other two, although they are all good).

Bottom line is that MUFE has produced a wonderful array of high-quality eyeliner pencils. I have returned to using pencils after gels disappointed me and the only other method I use is liquid liner for a very different type of look (and that product has been discontinued, of course).

I think I can still use the package/tray after these little pencils are done for, and I honestly can't say how long they will last. I use only a small amount of the product each time I line my eyes, and have not yet sharpened them, but for the price and the experience of getting to try five colors at once, I'm glad I bought them. I'd repurchase the set but I think I'll likely purchase the separate favorites in full-size. The set is very travel-friendly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Jenesis914

This is a limited edition set for MUFE's 25th anniversary. It contains all 25 shades in full size at 0.04 oz. If purchased separately, it would have cost $425 so at $249, this is a great deal. I purchased this during Sephora's F&F sale so it only cost me $211 at $8.50 a pencil. They come housed in a beautiful metal case making it great for travel.

The shades are:
Champagne 23L, Fuschia Pink 13L, Purple 11L, Black Purple 6L, Shimmering Plum 4L, Burgandy 18L, Pearly Brown 2L, Light Brown 19L, Light Taupe 24L, Bronze Green 5L, Bronze 10L, Gold 9L, Pistachio 17L, Green 16L, Forest Green 20L, Turquoise 7L, Blue With Green Highlights 12L, Majorelle Blue 15L, Iridescent Navy Blue 3L, Mat Black 0L, Star Black 1L, Dark Grey 21L, Grey 22L, Silver 8L, White 14L

I was undecided about this set and the UD 24/7 set so I purchased both to see which one tested better in terms of their claims to be long lasting and smudgeproof. This set won hands down. The 24/7s as beautiful as their shades are, did not last even on my hand let alone my eyelids (although, this is just me because it is not the case for others). The Aqua Eyes were definitely smudgeproof but not as long lasting as I'd hope. They can be used as eyeshadow but on my oily lids, they creased mid day. But it is pretty good seeing as I did not have any sort of eyeshadow primer underneath. With primer, I'm sure it would not have budged. I found these to be great on the lower lashline where eyeliner never lasts on me. The turquoise shade is gorgeous on the lower lashline and totally made my brown eyes pop. They are ok on the waterline but needs reapplying. IMO, these are not as soft as the 24/7 but they still apply very effortlessly and does not tug on the eyelids. Removal is also easy. Comes off fairly easy with a make up wipe but I recommend using some kind of oil or oil based make up remover.

The finish is not the same for all shades. Some are metallics, some are shimmers, and some are matte. This makes them very versatile and wearable. You can create neutral everyday looks and glam/dramatic looks all in one set. I wish there were more different shades rather than a variety of blacks and browns but for someone who does not do colorful looks everyday, it is perfect.

I highly recommend these eyeliners, especially this set if you want an affordable way to own all of them. It is pricey but it is worth the investment. I might even buy a backup set :)

I do want to mention that 100 are signed by MUFE creater Dany Sanz herself but dont be surprised when yours isnt. I misunderstood and thought that only 100 were signed and available to be sold. Oh well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No