November 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Gels/Soaps - Auromére - tulsi neem soap

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Dgm102

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This soap is amazing. Initially I bought it to treat dry and itchy skin, which gets worse during cold spells. Love the scent and how well it lathers. Then I thought about using it as shampoo and I must say it's one of the best shampoo bars I've ever tried. I use Ayurvedic oil on my hair weekly and always had problems washing the oil off. However this soap bar does the trick, and the amla oil-neem tulsi soap combo leaves my hair silky smooth and super shiny. Will definitely keep buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the tulsi-neem soap: there are a few different formulations and some of the reviews below cover some of the other ones.

I love the scent, the price is cheap (i get it on iherb). I use it a facial soap currently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous soap! In the last two years I have been gradually switching from drugstore, chemical laden products...to paraben free, chemical free, and silicone free products available primarily at natural food stores and online. This soap is one of the best finds of the last two years.

This item is available on Vitacost.com, or various other online retailers, and is only about $1.60 each! You have got to try this. Almost tempted not to share as I am sure there will be a boom of interest in this product once great reviews are shared. Hopefully the prices will still be under $2. Here is what is so great about it:

1.) I can use this to wash my face or other oily skin areas. It does not irritate, burn, or leave my skin dry. Rather it gets rid of the oils and leaves my complexion looking more balanced, clean and just even. Try GETTING THIS EFFECT in all the chemical laden face washes out there for $1.60!!! Super cost effective and it works! On the body, the soap will run out fast though as the bar is small (2.75 oz) and I find it dissolves in water pretty fast. I do use it for the back or chest and other oilier areas.

2.) The awesome ingredients. Full of herbs and natural products. Neem has a reputation of being good for acne prone skin.

Here it is:
Coconut oil, Palmyra oil, rice bran oil, alkali, water, need oil, caster oil, hydnocarpus (cactus) oil, rose petals, zedoary, tumeric, fenugreek, psoralea corylifolia (babchi seed), peepal (bodhi tree), alangium salvifolium, costus, indian sarsaparilla, shiva need, and hibiscus.

An added plus, I don't know how they do it but the packaging is nice too for $1.60. It comes fully wrapped in white paper and in its own paper box complete with a paper line card of all their other products. I feel like I am getting an luxury or spa item. This bar smells very herbal as well in a nice way.

This item has became a staple for me as I buy 3-6 bars at a time. Per a reviewer below, I am going to try this as a shampoo bar too to wash my hair and see how it does. If there is a one bar for all your needs - this may be it. Much better than Dr. Bronner's Castile soap as I can't use that on my face or hair, it strips. I am also trying out their other items such as toothpaste and regular shampoo :).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Staple for sure. I bought this based on the reviews prior to mine, claiming that it helped mattify and it does!! For reference, I'm using and reviewing the sandlewood-tumeric variety. When I'm using this soap on a regular basis, my skin stays matte ALL DAY LONG, I'm not exaggerating. I've tried not using it, just to see, and when I discontinue using it, my skin isn't nearly as matte the following days. It's amazing. It doesn't remove make-up, so I use another cleanser to remove make-up, but I always finish using this soap. I let it sit on my face for about 10 seconds and make sure to rinse thoroughly. I don't care for the smell, but thankfully it fades after a few minutes of drying my skin. And for the mattifying effect, I can live with the smell, especially since it doesn't break me out (which seems to be a rarity for me). And it's only a dollar and change when I order it online from vitacost or swanson's. Best face soap/mattifying product ever. So glad I tried it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

HG soap in sandalwood neem turmeric... dirt cheap... cleared my acne faded my scars and best of all miraculously kept my skin MATTE ALL DAY and i never thought a bar soap or anything that you rinse off could achieve that!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by donnajuliecasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially the smell was a bit to granola for me but when I awoke the next day the scent left behind was a gentle sandalwood and light rose smell. It smelled really clean not like your grandmother's rose. It lathers really well especially if you are used to using SLS-Free products.

I also used it on my face (I have super sensitive skin and rosacea) and found it somewhat shrank my pores, left my skin smooth and somewhat diminished my rosacea. My husband also used it and it left a gorgeous scent on his skin. I purchased this at Lucky Vitamin.com for next to nothing ($1.25 or something like that). This soap is loaded with ayurvedic herbs and seems to really heal.

UPDATE: Not ideal for sensitive or dry skin. It really started drying me out. Probably great for less sensitive skin but didn't work for me. My husband is still enjoying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have this soap in sandalwood with turmeric and neem. It's got a fairly strong, authentic sandalwood fragrance, dry and woody rather than powdery. The soap doesn't really lather all that much and it rinses very cleanly. Skin feels a little stripped afterward, so this is not the best choice for dry skin. I think this would be best for hot weather, when the dryness of the soap won't matter and the faint sandalwood fragrance can scent your skin lightly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a wonderful soap! of course it smells like herbs - mostly basil - but don't let that discourage you! it smells very fresh and bright and happy!

i've used this soap to wash my hair and my pets and it leaves my hair (and theirs) very shiny, soft and full.

i always follow with an ACV rinse (infused with basil and rosemary) and then a cold water rinse.

if you choose to use this for shampoo - make sure you lather it up good and rinse well so it won't leave residue because it is a 'soft' soap.

this has replaced my previous favorite shampoo bar!