Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle

on 4/14/2015 1:04:00 PM

Flower Essentielle is one case where to me a flanker is more interesting than the original one, an improved version of it. If you found the original Kenzo Flower too soapy or maby a bit too thin and one-dimensional in character, then Essentielle has more of everything without it being too much (usually, I'm not a fan of the "intense"-versions). It has all the elements I missed in the original one. It has more flowers, more musk, more depth, more character. Soft, comforting, powdery, beautiful and fluffy. So far, it's the fluffiest fragrance that I know of.
Like the reviewer below said already 3 years ago (!), it is unbelievable there are now only 4 reviews of this unique fragrance.

on 3/22/2012 10:46:00 AM

Being a powdery fragrance fan I can't believe that there are only two other reviews on one of my favourite powder scents. I have to start by stressing that this is quite different from the original Flower which I don't really care for. Since I was unimpressed with Flower I did not bother to try any other Kenzos, yes, it's rather unfortunate. However, I got a sample of the essentielle in a swap and with more and more tries I finally broke down and got the biggest bottle there is available. Essentielle supposedly has incense which the original flower didn't i may be wrong but it IS soft, powdery, lovely and elegant. Good to know that this one is in permanent production unlike the other Flower flankers i.e. Oriental, winter flowers. One spray is just nice for day time while you can get away with two for the evenings. I have a few other powdery perfumes but for me this one is unique. It may be worthy to note that when compared side by side to Angelique noire they share the some powdery notes except that AN has more noire, more smokey or vanillic? Not too sure what it is as I am terrible with notes especially the listed ones always seemed very pretentious to me. AN is definitely more sophisticated but I like the ancient Japanese princess vibe this radiates. Basing on how agreeable my body chemistry is to this I will repurchase to make sure I don't run out of it. I highly recommend giving this a try to serve it justice.

on 7/27/2010 3:50:00 PM

You'd be so easy to love...

I don't mind a challenge or even a confrontation with my fragrances, this one is a different story.

I received a sample of this at Bloomingdales and just dropped it in my bag with everything else. Sometimes these sit in the back of the cupboard so long I end up tossing them unsniffed. For some reason I was compelled to try this one. (I'm thinking fate.) I sprayed it on and went about my evening. And then. I couldn't stop smelling myself. This is a beautiful, strong but delicate fragrance. It reminds me of a japanese watercolor with several washes and layers. It is a very pleasing scent, I can't imagine it being out of place anywhere.

Wonderful stuff!

on 12/9/2009 6:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

"A new fragrance, the essence of Flowerbykenzo. Rosa damascena, jasmine, vanilla, incense, musks."

This EDP is a light, warm, musky, powdery floral that smells really comforting. (No fruity-florals this time) It is relatively strong and the lasting powder is decent (for a non-oriental perfume) It warms on the skin very nicely and is altogether a quiet, subdued scent. This perfume feels so luxurious, warm and expensive.

Popular Fragrances