September 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Champagne 23L

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by misanders

If you swatch this on your hand it is beautiful. It is waterproof because it is very hard to take off. Unfortunately, I bought this for my waterline and you cannot see this at all! It's looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. Waste of money for me. Wouldn't buy this color, but love the darker colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by labrady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great pencil! It's a soft champagne shade that's perfect for the inner eye. It's also the world's greatest highlighter. I dot it on along my brow bone, make a few "scribbles" on the tops of my cheekbones, and then quickly blend it out with my fingertips. I've been searching for the perfect non-powder highlighter and I've tried all the usual suspects—NARS, Benefit, YSL, etc.—and find they either a) are difficult to work with, and/or b) have no staying power. The precision of this pencil makes it very easy and, as long as I go over it with my fingers right away, it blends out beautifully. I can see 23L reaching "can't live without" status.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cristinecal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the absolute worst champagne/nude/waterline "brightener" I've ever used. Complete waste of money. Did NOT show up at all on the waterline - in fact it irritated my eyes because I went over it more than once. Stila Topaz is the way to go. This stuff is crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

I use this to highlight my lower waterline and it just works fine! Recommend for those going to the pool,beach, or any water exposed environment. This is the most waterproof eyeliner I've tried (I have Chanel and Bobbi Brown) even though it is not so easy to apply. The downside is the texture is a way too thick which make me hard to apply them easily over the waterline.

For comparison purpose:
I have another shade which is dark brown (can't recall the shade number...) and their Aqua Cream in 16 Pink Beige. Both of the eyeliner works the same while the Aqua Cream which I want to apply on my eyelid previously is not working at all~It sets into my eyelids and crease...I end up using them as a waterproof blush on my cheeks~

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Midget0cookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is a great, it's a shimmery neutral champagne shade that's really suited for lining the waterline and the inner corners.

....however, maybe I've been spoiled too long by UD 24/7 liners, because this is noticeably less vibrant, goes on less smoothly, and doesn't last as long.

But until UD comes up with a peach/champagne toned 24/7 liner, I'll make do with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is really great, i was searching high and low for a light pinky beige shimmery knolh to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and found this. I have medium skintones so this is great for me. Its also waterproof and stays all day. You do have to blend quickly as once its set, you can't move it. I lightly apply to the inner corners and blend to make it look more natural and love the effect. The pencil is soft so blending is very easy. Only downside is that its pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by mackiesmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty color, but had the same experiences the reviewers below me had - had to go over and over to show up and didn't last. Don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm starting to think that all Make Up For Ever products are pretty much over hyped and over priced and this eyeliner is pretty much no exception. Like the reviewer before me, I also had a difficult time getting this to show up on my lids. I kept having to reapply. I had their Aqua Eyes in three colors and all them, the same problem. I also have the green one and it's smudged so bad, I had to wash my eyes and start over. I have way better luck with Cheap-o Drugstore liners than with this eyeliner and bbelieve me, I'm a high-end Makeup gal and when Wet n Wild is better than a $8 pencil, that tells you something.

If you want really good eyeliners,go with MAC or Lancome. Or if you want a cheaper one, Almay is always a good bet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

dislike!! on my eyes..i really had to keep going back & forth to get it to show up...it showed up a pinky champagne on my waterline..i feel it didnt really enlarge my eyes as much as products such as stila topaz or even cargo reverse liner..i expected much better results, esp for the price....returned this back to sephora!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Gogowa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its awaful,the color itself is nice but the texture /payoff is baaaad. i bought it to use it to illuminate the inner corners of my eyes but the color does not come out evenly, in some places there is no color and other places there are chunks of shimmer..i had the blue pencil from aqua eyes and its ok, but this one really bad.