September 16, 2014 | 2114 users online

Shampoo - Chagrin Valley - Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by AyaTaher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Ayurvedic Herb shampoo bar for over a month on my very very fine/thin long hair, and I never loved my hair like I do now. This shampoo bar made my hair soft, bouncy, shining, and it did help my hair grow faster and thicker in this period. Definitely going to purchase this bar over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by TruffulaTree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Chagrin Valley shampoo exclusively for about six or eight months, and this is probably the only bar that I don't like at all. It made my hair fell stringy and stick out weirdly and when I tried to use it on my face instead, it stung and did not feel good. Husband quite liked it for his hair, but since he generally just washes his hair with any soap that's in the shower, that doesn't say much. Not bad quality or anything like that, I just think that this combination of herbs is for a very specific type of hair, maybe?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased the Cafe Moreno Shampoo bar and another one but can't remember the one..Anyway, love that it was all natural, loved that it was for brunette hair, but I ended up giving these to my husband to use. This was well over a year ago that I puchased these, but I remember only using them a couple of times, left my hair tangled, just didn't work for me. My husband wears his hair super short, suit/tie prof. so it doesn't matter what shampoo he uses, as long as it cleans his hair, which it does. He loved these for his hair type. Great lather btw

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mslittlelala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think people who rated it low may need a good shower filter.
Also your hair/scalp does have to adjust to poo bars.
The site also advises to test to see if you have allergies to the product.
I basically NEVER rub the bar on my hair which may be why some have
hairloss. I get a good lather in my hands and go scalp first then to hair.
NOW for my review... I deal with scalp issues and it helps a lot with itching
and flaking. It also helps my hair feel stronger. You may have a waxy feel
hints the acv/water mix OR a DEEP conditioner to follow.
Remember most cleansers are to clean your SCALP you want safe
for your hair BUT if your hair feels dry that's what conditioner is for.
I love chagrin valley. Price is about 7 bucks but I've had this bar almost a year so uh lol. The packing would last longer if it was plastic or more durable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this since it was natural and had lots of oils and herbs but I hated it!! It left my hair super dry and tangled with a waxy build up. My scalp itched like crazy and was so flakey it was gross. Now I tried using with conditioner, without cond., with vinager rinse and without, nothing worked. I also noticed increased hair fall out, which scared me because I was looking to find a shampoo to help combat hair loss.
Like the reviewer below I noticed that even the lather/bubbles burned and left a rash on my skin when I rinsed. I have tried some other products from Chagrin Valley and have not been happy with most of them. I would def. suggest getting samples first to see if the products work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Lucifiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used this for quite a few months before I finally gave up on it.

I bought this to combat:

oily and sensitive scalp which resulted in flakes, itchiness, pimples and quite a bit of hair loss.

However, it only managed to suppress the oil and not the itchiness. I continued to lose even more hair while using it.And at times, the itchiness + flaking got so bad, I didn't even want to get of the house.

And I suspect the herbal mixture was much too strong for me as it actually burnt my skin when it dripped down my face!

As an act of last desperation(after going through many different brands of natural/organic products), I opened 2 sachets of some drugstore shampoo + conditioner and believe me, that fixed almost everything faster than what any natural or organic shampoos/conditioners have done for me! Sure, they're full of silicones but it's a temporary thing till I find a better shampoo + conditioner.

Anyways, I won't be buying any of CV products again. Nothing against them but I'm now more interested in products that have been routinely tested under stringent protocols and procedures to suit a better variety of skin types and climates. (Especially those that don't do any animal testing: it means even more testing is required! Unfortunately, many companies simply fall short on this area and it's a sheer disgrace many think it's okay to use consumers as product testers.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by karost

This is my first experience with an all natural shampoo bar. I have been looking for something natural to help with my fine, wavy, thinning hair, and loved the ingredients in this bar. This is amazing! It makes my hair have tons of body. It almost looks like I got a perm. Tried with and without the ACV rinse, and get great results both ways. I lather twice, spending lots of time massaging it into my scalp, and rinse very thoroughly. It makes my hair so soft and full of body. We do have a shower filter, so this might also help. I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

After two months of cv sampling, this is the perfect shampoo bar for my hair! Not my favourite scent but it's more on the pleasant side. My hair does not feel coated and cleansed with minimal hair fallout. My hair is shiny and happier. Can't wait to buy a large one :)

Edit: So I did like using this, but I found every bar I used on my hair left a constant coating I can never get rid of. So I give up on shampoo bars!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by angelbeville

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Natural ingredients, minimal packaging, family owned business - what's not to love? This shampoo smells earthy and wonderful. I've used it for two weeks and can't say if it affects hair growth, but I know it cleans my waist length, fine, straight hair, leaving it full, silky, and soft. It almost feels like "little girl hair." I am so happy to have found Chagrin Valley Soap, and can't wait to try another sample.

At first my hair felt a little "coated," but as Ida says on her website, you need to take the effort to lather well, then rinse like crazy. A light ACV rinse did the trick for me, but I have hard water and have ordered a shower filter to see how that does.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by NewRibena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this shampoo bar a few weeks ago and have been pleasingly surprised. Although herbally, it isn't overwhelming at all. It cleaned my hair well without stripping. As with all shampoo bars, I did a ACV rinse afterwards. I cut my bar and only use a small chunk at a time...at this rate it will last a very long time.