July 24, 2014 | 2082 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Toni & Guy - 1 1/4 " Sleeklight Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I have a CHI curling iron that I have been using for about 10 years. It still works but it takes a long time till it warms up. Also, my hair gets stuck from time to time. It is heavy too. I have used GVP and Hot Tools as well. I bought this iron because of its price. It was inexpensive. The barrel is ceramic coded and tapered which means that it doesn't burn the hair that easily and it is not as damaging. I actually love this iron. It is light and my hair feels really silky after using it. The temp goes up to 400 and it warms up really fast. It does not pull my hair and overall, it works great and quickly. I highly recommend this curling iron. Whatever you do (and I say this in all of my reviews for styling tools), do not buy a Revlon iron.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by lissaleela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this curling iron, because it would save me the trip of going to actual hair salon to buy a curling iron. After I purchased this, i went home and pulled it out of the package only to be disappointed with the durability of the iron. It felt like it was made out of cheap plastic, and it was very light weight. The digital temperature setting selection was neat, but the only temperature that worked on my medium hair was the highest at 210F. The spring clasp is very weak. I had to put in large sections of hair between the barrel and the clamp in order to catch anything or else my hair would slip out. During my second use, I plugged it in and set the temperature... to my dismay I heard a crack. I looked at the iron, and the cheap plastic base cracked! When you plug in this iron, the toni&guy logo lights up on the base (which is kind of cool), but it emitted too much heat which in turn made the plastic crack. :( I am disappointed and I have returned it to Shoppers drug mart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay I'll start with the fact that I have Babyliss and Hot Tools curling Irons so buying one from a department store sketched me out a bit.....I have a 2", 1 1/2 " & 1" curling Iron, all tourmaline ceramic. Anyway, I can't quite get the wavy/curly effect with all 3 of those so decided to opt for the 1 1/4" but didn't want to spend a lot of money...100 bucks a curling Iron is getting to be a bit much!

So I picked this one up at Shoppers Drug Mart for $39.99, far cheaper and it got me thinking I'll get what I pay for etc...not true in this case!! I love the digital temp. control and the fact you can lock that temp. in the iron so every single time you turn it on it'll jump to that temp, very cool! The Iron is incredibly light, the lightest I have ever used and the tong is super thin, which makes it easier to slide my hair down the iron, and the cord isn't 65 miles long! Nice for a change. Plus it has all the same benefits as high end tourmaline irons have, holds the curl like crazy and locks in moisture with tons of shine! PLUS, it comes with a 3 yr warranty! Crazy right?

I will buy this again when any of my irons kick the bucket! Love it!!