July 24, 2014 | 2075 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick in Spotlight

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by bowlspice

has a nice natural colour to it, and love the stick form for easy application. I just don't like that its not easy to blend and sticks to dry patches. worth it for the money though but i wont be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by neva4getu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, actually I feel a bit bad about giving it 4 and not 5. I think the main problem with elf products is the change of quality of a product, it really does depend on whether you get a good or bad one. I guess I was lucky with this one, as it's really, really good!

I use it only to highlight my cheek bones, and for a fair-skinned person like me, this is the perfect shade and texture! It gives an incredible glow to my skin, lifts my face, makes my cheekbones more prominent AND when I apply it to the very high point of my cheekbone, it covers the outer edge of my baaaaaaaad under eye circles, making them a lot less dark (I put on the highlighter after a quite heavy under eye concealer).

My product is definitely not dry at all, it applies very smoothly and blends beautifully into the skin. It has no visible chunky glitter.

The cons are, as previously mentioned the varying luck when it comes to the same product, and the staying power. It definitely does not stay on my skin for an entire day (I have normal-dry skin), but then again it is not sold as long lasting product. It fades away in a natural way, which means that even though it does not last for more than 4-5 hours tops, it fades away slowly, and doesn't leave the skin looking patchy or with glitter left all over.
Another con is the little amount you get, but with the price, you really can't complain about that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say i love the Elf All Over Color Sticks and really wish they would come out w/ more colors. I love Spotlight and think everyone can use it and enjoy it!
=PRICE/AVAILABLITY=
The All Over Color Sticks can be found under the Elf Essential line under face section. The sticks will only cost you 100 pennies or $1!!! omg 1 dollar, yes! so i can buy a ton of these for nearly nothing. You can find these at eyeslipsface site or also some shades at Target stores. it will depend on location & what is available.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
"Spotlight" is the lightest shade available in the Color Sticks. Spotlight is a white pearlescent highlighting color. Thats what makes this stick universally flattering since it leans neither too warm or cool. Just perfect. It provides just the right amount of highlighting or emphases to the face or eyes. The color is gorgeous! The stick itself is the least softest- for lack of better terms. I have all the Color Sticks & they are normally creamier & easier to work with. I am not sure if its the first one i have just is a bit off but if yours is like mine was, id HIGHLY suggests depotting the stick from the packaging into another jar & mixing well- this has made me appreciate this color even more than i already did! its now a thick cream consistency, easy to apply & blend. You can use your fingers and a brush. i think using the warmth of your fingers will help w/ blending. These are def thicker than the facial whips. So if you have more oilier skin- the sticks will work alot better for you. These go on & STAY PUT!!! they dont slide off or fade for hours. The key is to work w/ the smallest amount, You can always build up not take away. The smallest amount is all you need really. Spotlight is the prettiest color to use on the cheekbones, cupids bow, brow bone, the bridge of your nose! just perfect for providing the sheerest inner glow that looks ethereal! This has become my favorite highlights! i also love using this right in the inner corner of my eyes since it opens them & slightly takes away the darkness of my under eye circles.This can be worn under or over foundation. I have normal to dry skin & right now in winter i have dry spots & this does not emphasize them at all. This can be used daily & i love it!
=PACKAGING=
The All Over Color Sticks come in a small hard plastic tubing. almost like chubby lipsticks. The plastic is a white color with metallic Elf logo. The shade name can be found on the bottom of stick on a small sticker. The lid is clear see thru which isnt the sturdiest but will hold up thru some traveling. I like the see thru lid that slides shut since i can tell which color is which. *Make sure to snap the lid shut the whole way without leaving any opening so that they dont dry out! It may not seem like you get alot of product but trust me you do! you only need the tiniest layer so this stick will last awhile! The sticks are mechanical- they can be twisted up and down to allow access to the product. You can twist it up more or less. Its easy & these are super convenient & can brought anywhere & they are multipurpose!
Overall, this is quickly becoming my favorite all time highlighter! i love using this as that as well as even an eyeshadow base- its great since its a tad sticky for a minute which just grabs the shadows & they stay put! its just a great multipurpose stick that i will continue to repurchase over & over again! i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so this highlighter is really good for $1!
It didn't really look that good on me but when I tried it out on my friend, her cheeks looked amazing and gave a nice glow. And since it's a bit sticky, I decided put some blush on top of it and it turned into an amazing blush giving her luminous cheeks.
I should be giving a 4 for the packaging since it got stuck in the tube, but for the price, it's expected.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

I admit that the sticky, gloppy formula is not the easiest to work with (hence 4 lippies) but I do not want this to deter other readers from trying this out because it is an extremely affordable product and the glow you get from it is well worth the extra seconds of blending, blending, blending.

Poor highlighters tend to give you this glitter-bomb effect, or else make you look extremely oily instead of glowy. Spotlight gives a pearlescent sheen & glow that doesn't make you look like a disco ball so, thumbs up for this! This also worked well on my medium skin tone which surprisd me, as very stark white highlighters in the past have always looked pure WHITE on my cheeks. This one somehow manages to blend seamlessly into my yellow undertones & give me a natural glowing effect. Must have something to do with the fact that it is cream formula and not powder...

It is best applied to the high points of your face, but I recommend only dabbing it in instead of getting the product and smearing it across your face like you would war paint. Slight dab dab dabbing motions with a finishing buffing motion is all you need. Be very gentle, & you won't be disappointed. HOwever, one drawback is the amount you get. Otherwise, a very handy (but sticky) highlighting tool that certainly does the trick

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by missleahchristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I got a bad one or what but this was so dry and hard to work with. Hard to blend but since it was only $1 oh well. Had high hopes for this but it's just a little too stiff. Warming it up with the back of your hand helps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Thoroughly disappointed. The consistency is too thick,the color itself is opaque white; while the pearly-shimmery part is sheer; so what your left with (on fair skin) is silver sparkles spread out all blotchy. It has a citrusy scent & the product inside is about half the size of the clear lid; which is half the size of the tube, which is the size of my pinky i.e. 1/4th of my pinky. It applies more like a shimmery concealer than a luminous sheen. Also, its kinda sticky & poor staying power (resting your fingers against your face will allow for complete transfer instantly). Check out E.L.F Shimmer Palette for what this color should have been +3 more silky effective colors in one--HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

UPDATE-this works wonders as an eye shadow base-electrifies colors & leaves a metallic finish. The sticky nature helps loose pigments/ glitter cling sooo well! If ur about to toss this out, think again! It compares to my NYX jumbo eye pencil! Changing rating from 1-->3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a pretty highlighter. Unfortunately the ''Spotlight'' color you get in the ''shimmering facial whip'' is a little prettier and more pigmented in my opinion but this works well too. It gives you cheekbones a pearly sheen. I don't mind the packaging, it looks cheap but it works well and it's easier to use than the facial whip. I just wish the top of the stick wasn't flat because the application could be more precise. Also, ''Spotlight'' seems a lot more creamy than the color stick in ''Lilac petal'' and therefore it is much easier to apply. It's nice but a bit too subtle for me, I like more obvious highlighters.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by arcticmonkeys4

Liked it at first, then made me break out. It has quite a cheap smell too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love the brightness of this shimmer stick! it's perfect for the spotlight look that i want when i go out at night. it is a great cheekbone highlighter and for such a low price! i have a lot of highlighters and there is no reason to buy an expensive one when this product exists in a wide range of colors :)