September 1, 2014 | 1956 users online

Blush - Sonia Kashuk - Beatifying Blush in Melon-09

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: peachy pink

Pros

- pigmented
- matte
- long wearing

Cons

- price

Comments: Love the new packaging. Great quality blush, but definitely not the cheapest. It's a pretty pink with strong peach undertones and very pigmented.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mplbgmr14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG blush. I've wandered from it before but always come back. It looks so natural and pretty on my NC30 skin. It goes on smoothly with just enough pigmentation and lasts me through my entire day. I'm pretty cheap and it's more than I'd usually spend on a drugstore blush ($9) but completely worth it for me. Every other blush I've tried just doesn't look quite right, too dark, streaky, to pink, to frosty, cakey. This doesn't have any sparkle in it really and I like that. The packaging is nice too, small with no frills, gets the job done. LOVE this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Melon is my favorite SK powder blush! It's a very natural peachy-pink shade that never comes off obnoxiously. Despite my oily skin in the cheek area, this blush has pretty good staying power on me. It stays put better than the SK creme blush. I tend to use this blush more in the fall/winter, because the pinkish tones better match the berry/reds/purples that I switch up to in the cooler months. I'm a huge SK makeup fan and nearly all of her cosmetics work well for me. I also like the sleek, round, thin shape of the container. SK's line of makeup not only performs and has the coolest, yet neutral shades, but is also packaged in very classy containers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. It's a matte peachy-pink that complements my yellow-toned NC30ish skin tone very well for a youthful pinky glow. The blush is very soft, blendable, and in my opinion, just pigmented enough to give you the color you want with not too much effort, but at the same time not so pigmented that you have to be super careful.

The packaging is very minimalistic, with no mirror and no brush included, just a slim, round compact with a magnetic closure. I actually like the packaging as it makes it perfect to travel with or slip into a small makeup bag.

The price point of this blush is great, and give it a try if you want a really youthful, wearable peachy-pink blush.

*Edit* I would not recommend this blush for those of you out there with butterfingers, I've dropped the blush twice now and each time it totally shattered because the packaging provides no shock absorption to the blush, and the blush is so soft it shatters easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty matte blush! It looks super natural and the pigmentation is GREAT. This is a nice peachy pink color. My skintone is NC35 btw. The packaging is slim and smart with the magnetic closure. Get this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only blush I'll ever buy. It matches the natural color in my cheeks perfectly. I have fair skin with no yellow in it. I would describe it as a warm pink. It is pigmented, but not so much that I get splotches of color. The best part is that it's matte, so no pores or bumps are highlighted, but it's not powdery looking. It goes on so evenly that I've used my powder foundation sponge to pat it on and it looks great! It lasts forever and has never broken me out/irritated my skin.
Update: I've switched to cream blush because it works better with my liquid foundation. Check out MACs Cremeblend in Posey for this shade in a cream to powder formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it!!! HG color status for sure! Sooo wonderfully, finely milled it looks airbrushed on. Just wish the staying power was a little (just a little) better but the color pay-off is so controllable, easy and natural. This is a very pretty, peachy-pink flush of color---exactly what I want and doesn't break me out. Nice small shape, magnetic closure. I had a coupon for a $1 off at Target, yipee! Doesn't take much to get your desired color saturation so it's going to last me a while. I think I like this even better than MAC blushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I love this color. The color name pretty much sums it up - it gives you a nice melon glow that would be great for spring or summer. The staying power isn't all that great, though. It comes in a great little pan with a closeable top. I do think the $8.99 price was a bit high for this blush, considering it really is nothing special, but I can't think of any DS brands that have this color, so it is nice to keep in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was browing around, needing a nice peachy blush. I ended up picking up a couple of the Sonia Kashuk blushes. From my understanding, these aren't anything new, but I also don't feel like they get the attention they should. They're awesome blushes. Melon is a perfect deeper red peach. Its a matte blush as well. They are a tad powdery, but not chalky..if that makes sense. They go on nice, good pigmentation, look natural. The package is a circle pan in a white container with flip top that has clear center so color of blush is visible. It closes with a magnent. There is a Net Wt. of 0.15 oz / 4.2 g in the pan. They aren't tested on animals-- A+++. They can be purchased at Target for about $8.99.

I know at my Target the Melon blush seemed to be popular...the holder was empty, but I dug around and found one in the back of a different shade's slot. At another target they were completely sold out. I often check when I am there because I'd like to get another as a back up but they always seem to be sold out.