Hard Candy In The Shadows 5 Shades 026 Gamble

3.3

on 4/19/2013 4:11:00 AM

I am obsessed with natural smokey eye looks, especially on my blue eyes. I got this on a discount website and I love it. It's a little difficult to apply because it doesn't want to get on the brush but when it does, it looks lovely. It also came with a nice little tube of eye primer, which was a neat bonus.

on 2/1/2010 7:19:00 AM

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and was skeptical but when i tried the colors the next day they were better than expected. I used them with UDPP and the colors looked pretty good. Not too much shimmer which I like. I tried the primer for just going to the store and it does make the colors more vibrant but its not something I will use too often. The packaging is pretty cute also. I think these shadows are better than most drugstore brands and worth the price. I've been using it for an everyday simple look and will keep on doing so.

on 12/5/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The colors in the palette are very soft and blendable but most of the colors [especially the lighter one] seem to be VERY sheer. The colors are buildable though. They all do have a sheen to them as well which I like. They aren't matte or overly shimmery. The packaging is cute [of couse] and all of the 5 shade collections come with the same, mini eyeshadow primer, which I haven't used [& don't plan to, due to the three different parabens it contains]. The second to the last shade at the bottom is the most pigmented out of all the HC palette shadows I've used. I wish the colors were as pigmented as they looked and foiling any of these shadows in any palette seem to be a failure.