September 21, 2014 | 1065 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - In The Shadows 5 Shades 024 Temptation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by SmartCookie1035

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't want to give this palette a totally negative review because it does provide a nice range of browns. But the package's claim that these shadows are "pigment drenched" is an utter lie. Nothing could be further from the truth. It takes me forever to do anything with this palette because I have to keep layering and re-applying to get the color payoff that I want! One or two of these just plain don't show up on my skin at all. My white, pasty skin. Don't buy this palette. Find another brown palette.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jigababygirl

I had high hopes for this product.
I was let down how the colors werent very bright or pigmented. They are glittery and shimmery dont get me wrong, but they arent as bold as I like.
The staying power sucks, I notice it starts wearing off within hours of applying. With a primer, it will stay only in clumps :[

I dont like the packaging the little door/flap thing never stays open, so I am constantly trying to open it back up, the magnet will clamp shut.

I am not going to buy this again, but I will try other hard candy products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kerish345

Got this over the weekend > I immediately tested it .I decided to use the darker of the five shades to create somewhat of a smokey eye.
The colors look great in the palette but the colors are super sheer.
I did a dry application to one lid and wet my brush for the other.
The difference was significant.colors popped abt two shades darker.
I dont think I would buy this HC product again.Revlon colors are more pigmented.
The package is sooooo cute though...but U cant apply packaging now can you?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by rach82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of HC's baked duos, but I didn't have any luck with the In The Shadows line at all. I find that the color payoff pretty much sucks, even with the brighter shades, and they're extremely too chalky. They also do not last at all! Cute packaging & it was nice to receive the little eyeshadow primer with it (which is pretty good!), but that's about it for positive things I can say about these. Avoid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The colors in the palette are very soft and blendable but most of the colors [especially the lighter one] seem to be VERY sheer. The colors are buildable though. They all do have a sheen to them as well which I like. They aren't matte or overly shimmery. The packaging is cute [of couse] and all of the 5 shade collections come with the same, mini eyeshadow primer, which I haven't used [& don't plan to, due to the three different parabens it contains]. This is my favorite eyeshadow pallete out of what they have to offer. The colors all go great together. I wish the colors were as pigmented as they looked and foiling was a failure.