April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite foundation and I am so sad to learn that Guerlain has discontinued it. I am not blessed with perfect skin and neither have I looked after it well. I have lots of redness, sun damage, I am a dehydrated smoker and recently have started to experience hormonal acne which leaves nasty scars on my face. Therefore, foundation is a really functional tool for me and it has to have strong corrective / masking properties to be able to solve my bunch of problems. Parure Gold has been able to do that in the most balanced way I have seen.

It has a soft but thick texture which still allows me to work slowly with my flat foundation brush. It looks very natural with a damp sponge and I can build it up to get full coverage which does not look caky at all. Without a moisturizer, it has a velvety finish and with proper moisturizing or when mixed with my HG Kanebo brightening base, I get both full coverage and a fantastic dewy finish. My only complaint is that it transfer. So far, the only foundation I have tried that has been able to prevent that has been Estee Lauders double wear but it is always too pink for me.

I use 02 and sometimes mix it with the very pink number 13 which gives a lovely rosy flush on the cheeks. 4.5

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LenaInJkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is discontinued. It is a great product, the best of Guerlain current liquid foundation lineup, in my opinion. I haven't tried the newer products, but I am skeptical.
I have medium shade, oily skin and my match in this is #02 Beige Clair (it is not a perfect match; if there is a shade between 02 and 03, that would be better). The pros:
- believable level of luminous finish
- flexible coverage (from light medium to full coverage is possible without looking caked on)
- long lasting
- easy to apply and spread
- nice scent
- has spf (15)

Con: price.

Try it before it disappears and/or reaches $1,000/bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by susu19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is perfection in a bottle.
If you ask me, if this foundation worth the price? YES!
I have it in the color 02 and for me it is THE best color match.
You need less than a pump, it is very abundant, however, it does not feel thick and heavy.
On my skin this one looks very groomed, like a extrem good in shape complexion.
Honestly, my skin is in a good condition ( at the moment ).But with the wrong foundation I
am proon to breakouts on my nose. After using it now for 3 month, I can not be fussy.
My now 2. foundation loves are Armani lsf ( no 04 ) and Nars sheer glow ( Deauville and Santa Fee).The difference? More coverage than Armani and more glow than Nars.
For me it is very important that a foundation have a good lasting power, I do not have time on an normal working day to touch up my makeup, with Guerlain parure Gold, no problem.
I would say, if you have normal to dry skin, it is perfekt. Extreme oily? This is not for you.
Btw, after I used it for the first time, my hubby told me I have skin like a fresh peach, nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Cherie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use shade 2, lovely colour, excellent full coverage for my acne scarred skin.
This foundation stays put like no other.
I moisture then wear a light primer, (the gold one in same range if possible or any to hand) I apply a fair amount of the foundation and when dry brush a matte powder over whole face. My face doesn't get shiny even though I have acne. It covers all scars and stay put.
As bad as it sounds I have slept with my make up on a few weeks ago and when I woke up after the night out dancing and sweating I still had the make up on almost as good as when I applied it!
It comes off easily with make up wipes or remover but not as easily with normal face wash and water. My towels get stained and it doesn't wash off!
The only bad thing in my opinion is the bottle. There is always a lot left inside and u just can't get into it or open it. Glass bottle so no way to cut it. The lid is actually metal which is melted onto the bottle! Very impossible and at the £50+ range it's not very amusing to find product left over that you've got to throw away!
Will buy this and have bought this several times over

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation, but not worth the price. I tried a sample of this in 03. It is darker than other Guerlain foundations and very orange. The coverage and finish are exactly the same as Lingerie de Peau to me. It does look very nice, has good coverage and is somewhat moisturizing, but it is not worth $80+. I would not buy this because Lingerie de Peau is just as nice, is way cheaper and is not so orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by hodabarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was actually about to buy Double Wear and since they didn't find my color, so the lady recommended me this foundation. I took a sample with me home and tried it for a day. First of all, considering the price, I expected it to be really good. The second after you've applied it, it looks amaaazing on the skin. Matte, medium to full coverage and it feels soo light. Does not come off and feels powdery. But, after a couple of school hours, I looked in the mirror and noticed that it had oxidized and looked a bit orange. It was slightly oily around my nose, but then again, that happens to me whatever foundation I'm wearing. And it also looked kinda cakey. Overall, it seems like a nice foundation and I would purchase if it wasn't so expensive. I think the quality is drugstore and I would not use 100$ on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Tambercat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to find a good moisturising foundation for those cold winter days when your face feels dry and tight and I have to say this is absolutely brilliant. I have been wearing it now for about a week. The coverage is great and the colour (beige clair) is perfect for me although I do take the point from previous reviews that the colour range is not that good so you may have difficulty in finding the perfect colour for you.

It stays put all day and my skin looks and feels great - which at the age of 46 is a plus. It is expensive - I paid 50 in my local dept store which is the most I've ever paid for a foundation but I only need a small amount so I'm hoping that I won't have to buy another for quite some time.

Having worked for Estee Lauder in the past - I've always bought Lauder foundations (loved the lucidity light range now discontinued) but I have to say this beats any of the Lauder foundations hands down in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lex16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm onto my second bottle of this stuff and use the second lightest shade. When I first bought it circa 2010 after trying a sample my Mum picked up, this shade was the lightest but I know they now do a lighter shade - but I stuck with what I had cos it works. I'm naturally fair and this warms up my skin tone without looking like I've caked on a too-dark foundation. The texture is divine; creamy, moisterising but not oily, gives you a all over glow and takes out the pasty tone my face is usually stuck with.
Yes it is expensive but one bottle lasts me 18 months+ and you really don't need much... a half to full pump will definitely do the whole face/jaw line/neck. It just seems to melt in and blends so easily. I just use my fingers and the warmth makes it sink in.
I feel maybe it has gotten a little thicker and less easy to blend since my first bottle but if you moisterise properly it's no drama and I hate too oily foundations. Followed by a setting powder this stuff lasts all day or night. I usually save it for occasions when I need a bit more coverage - for daily wear I just use a garnier bb cream.
Love this foundation, I may try something different when I run out of this bottle just for a shake up, but it's the lovliest stuff, so luxe, and I always get compliments on my makeup/glow :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Julmaggot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lets be honest. Its very high priced but i will definately DEFINATELY wont change foundation , until at least i find something so good with coverage (its medium to full ) so light in the same time and soooo good smelling. Natural born Guerlain lover but this makeup will give your face the pamper and moisture it needs. Plus its an SPF 15 . The Packaging also is excellent (as it happens all the time with Guerlain products).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jmay1223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I am really disappointed by this foundation. First of all, the shade range is a bit limited, the lighter shade 02 Beige Clair is quiet dark and pink for my NC20 skin. It doesn't cover even the smallest pimple, it oxidizes after a couple of hours on my normal to combination skin and it transfers more then any other foundation I have used. I tried it over the Meteorites Perles Primer but it didn't perform better. What's more, it settles into a fine laugh line that I haven't even noticed I had! However, Parure Gold does look nice in photos but that's not enough to justify the hefty pricetag.