November 26, 2014 | 1150 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Gold

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Guerlain products and this is no exception. im in MAC NC20. I use Guerlain Lingerie de Peau in 02 Clair, Les Voilettes in 02 Clair. But somehow when i go to the store, i got matched to Parure in 01 beige pale instead and it matched me well. I like that this dont feel heavy on the skin, it gives medium coverage. I have bad acne scars so it didnt cover the scars only the redness. I'll probably buy it again coz Guerlain foundations are the only ones i know that dont give my acne prone skin breakouts.

Update: I just use this for 8 hours for work, i had to drive under the hot weather to a meeting and when i come home my makeup is still flawless. Im impressed, so far no other foundation stay that way. I think i figure out why it lasted longer than other days, i usually use Guerlain primer but today i switched to MUFE primer, MUFE primer make it last longer. Then i put on the Guerlain perles and voyage on top to set the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh Guerlain if only your shade colours were consistent across your entire range of foundations. I love Guerlain foundations and own a few of the various formulas, however Parure Gold is the darkest of them all. Making this suitable in summertime for me with a slight tan but not a good match in the winter time.

On my NC 15 yellow under toned skin the closest match available was the 01 Beige Pale - which is considerably darker than 01 in LDP / Lumiere / Tenue etc. I think Parure Gold in 01 would be better suited to NC 20.

This also tends to oxidise on me as the day goes on. Which is a shame as this is a beautiful creamy foundation to apply, two pumps are more than enough for a light to medium coverage, leaving you with flawless, glowy looking healthy skin. You have time to build this up gradually and I find it works and looks great buffed in with a slightly dampened flat top kabuki brush. As I have normal/combination skin this moisturising foundation does need a blot in my T-zone after a few hours and performs better with a light powder over the nose and forehead. I have been pairing this with Hourglass Ethereal and loving the finish.

As this will be better suited to me with a bit of a tan going on I will keep this as a summertime foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At this price tag a foundation has got to be very nearly perfect and I don't think this one really delivers. It's quite nice to start with, a good balance between luminosity and coverage but after a few hours on the skin or seems to have lost its personality. It looks just flat average coverage and some of the glow gets lost around the 4 hours mark. Such a shame because I really enjoyed it at the start but you can't pay this much and be touching up all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by kiwimakeuplover

Whoa! This was my first thought when I saw the price. This has to be the most expensive foundation bar none I've ever bought.
Whoa! This was my second thought when I put it on my face. Its just lovely, lovely, lovely.
My skin looked luminous and practically flawless and stayed this way all day.
I've been wearing YSL Teint éclat foundation since it came out and love it too but I think that the Parure Gold may just have bumped it off the top spot.
If its still around I would repurchase this again (I anticipate this lasting a long time as you only need one pump to cover your face and, I know this sounds stupid but I'd probably only use this 2 or 3 times a week as its so special) and if I can't get hold of it I'd give the Parure de Lumiere a go.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've had this as a free sample and there are one or two problems with it . Firstly it is massively expensive . It retails here in the UK for about £54. Secondly it definitely oxidizes . On my face it wasn't too bad luckily but I did notice it a bit. On my hand I used to put the foundation on while I apply it with a brush it seemed to change to an alarming orange colour. I tried the lingerie de peau from guerlain and although still a tad expensive at £37.50 it didn't oxidize to the extent this one did and in my opinion was just as good if not better. I won't be buying this as it was far too expensive and shouldn't be changing colour so markedly after applying for such an expensive foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite foundation and I am so sad to learn that Guerlain has discontinued it. I am not blessed with perfect skin and neither have I looked after it well. I have lots of redness, sun damage, I am a dehydrated smoker and recently have started to experience hormonal acne which leaves nasty scars on my face. Therefore, foundation is a really functional tool for me and it has to have strong corrective / masking properties to be able to solve my bunch of problems. Parure Gold has been able to do that in the most balanced way I have seen.

It has a soft but thick texture which still allows me to work slowly with my flat foundation brush. It looks very natural with a damp sponge and I can build it up to get full coverage which does not look caky at all. Without a moisturizer, it has a velvety finish and with proper moisturizing or when mixed with my HG Kanebo brightening base, I get both full coverage and a fantastic dewy finish. My only complaint is that it transfer. So far, the only foundation I have tried that has been able to prevent that has been Estee Lauders double wear but it is always too pink for me.

I use 02 and sometimes mix it with the very pink number 13 which gives a lovely rosy flush on the cheeks. 4.5

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LenaInJkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is discontinued. It is a great product, the best of Guerlain current liquid foundation lineup, in my opinion. I haven't tried the newer products, but I am skeptical.
I have medium shade, oily skin and my match in this is #02 Beige Clair (it is not a perfect match; if there is a shade between 02 and 03, that would be better). The pros:
- believable level of luminous finish
- flexible coverage (from light medium to full coverage is possible without looking caked on)
- long lasting
- easy to apply and spread
- nice scent
- has spf (15)

Con: price.

Try it before it disappears and/or reaches $1,000/bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by susu19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is perfection in a bottle.
If you ask me, if this foundation worth the price? YES!
I have it in the color 02 and for me it is THE best color match.
You need less than a pump, it is very abundant, however, it does not feel thick and heavy.
On my skin this one looks very groomed, like a extrem good in shape complexion.
Honestly, my skin is in a good condition ( at the moment ).But with the wrong foundation I
am proon to breakouts on my nose. After using it now for 3 month, I can not be fussy.
My now 2. foundation loves are Armani lsf ( no 04 ) and Nars sheer glow ( Deauville and Santa Fee).The difference? More coverage than Armani and more glow than Nars.
I would say, if you have normal to dry skin, it is perfekt. Extreme oily? This is not for you.
Btw, after I used it for the first time, my hubby told me I have skin like a fresh peach, nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Cherie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use shade 2, lovely colour, excellent full coverage for my acne scarred skin.
This foundation stays put like no other.
I moisture then wear a light primer, (the gold one in same range if possible or any to hand) I apply a fair amount of the foundation and when dry brush a matte powder over whole face. My face doesn't get shiny even though I have acne. It covers all scars and stay put.
As bad as it sounds I have slept with my make up on a few weeks ago and when I woke up after the night out dancing and sweating I still had the make up on almost as good as when I applied it!
It comes off easily with make up wipes or remover but not as easily with normal face wash and water. My towels get stained and it doesn't wash off!
The only bad thing in my opinion is the bottle. There is always a lot left inside and u just can't get into it or open it. Glass bottle so no way to cut it. The lid is actually metal which is melted onto the bottle! Very impossible and at the £50+ range it's not very amusing to find product left over that you've got to throw away!
Will buy this and have bought this several times over

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation, but not worth the price. I tried a sample of this in 03. It is darker than other Guerlain foundations and very orange. The coverage and finish are exactly the same as Lingerie de Peau to me. It does look very nice, has good coverage and is somewhat moisturizing, but it is not worth $80+. I would not buy this because Lingerie de Peau is just as nice, is way cheaper and is not so orange.