October 23, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Speed Gloss

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought these in a value pack at Burlington Factory, which is similar to TJMaxx/Marshalls/Ross. There were 6 in the pack for under 5USD, which was a deal, so I figured I'd try these. There were a variety of colors ranging from a burnt red, a pink, and four shimmery glosses.
It doesn't really matter what the color is in the tube, because the pigment is so light, you can barely see it. The shimmer is also very light with sparkles, just enough to give a highlight to your lips. It's good enough to put on top of another lipstick if you wanted to give a matte color some oomph.
These glosses have a minty flavor which I liked. It wasn't strong, but just strong enough that you could taste it. Not that strong that you're put off by it.
The applicator is plastic in the tube. When you apply the gloss to your lips, you're using a plastic tip, versus using a rollerball or a brush, which I actually found very easy to use and more sanitary. You squeeze out the amount you want, carefully angle the tip around your lips, and you're done. You don't have any excess to wipe off that you might usually have with a brush or rollerball because this tip is angled and wipes off clean. I liked that it's a clean lip gloss rather than one of the messier ones. The top snapped back on and stayed on in my purse. It's small and convenient to fit into a handbag, jeans pocket, etc.
The gloss doesn't last for hours, depending on how you are with your lip products. I found it to last only a couple of hours before I had to reapply. I did like that it wasn't an "in-your-eye-dazzling-shiny-bright" gloss. It gave me just enough shine that looked natural. As far as moisturizing, it does the trick while it's on my lips.
Concerning its name "Speed Gloss Energizing Lip Shine", yeah, it goes on quick and easy and it shines my lips, but the word energizing is certainly a misnomer. A good value if you can find it at the 6-pack price that I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip gloss in 949 Chaotic which looks like a bright pink with sparkles in the tube. It's a really sheer gloss, so I'm not sure it matters what color you pick, but I do like the sparkles and for me it lasts about as long as any gloss will (not long). It has a minty flavor/tingle that reminds me of the C.O. Bigelow glosses, but I think this one is less sticky than those (it's been a few years since I've used a C.O. Bigelow one, so I could be wrong, but I remember it being very sticky). The one thing I really don't like about this is the packaging because the plastic is so thick, it's hard to squeeze the product out of the tube. I'll probably repurchase it though because it is cheap and I love the mintiness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been on a bit of a drugstore kick lately, discovering so many neat products that I had previously turned my nose up at. Wet 'n' Wild's speed gloss is one of the things I have recently purchased. They must be getting discontinued because Rite Aid has them for 75% off, which makes them a whopping 99 cents.

I wasn't planning to review this product but I just had to mention that the color I got - Frenzied - is a gloss version of MAC's Lollipop Lovin'. It is SO COOL with its pink and green duochrome. I do find this gloss fairly moisturizing and long lasting, but I only gave it 3 stars because I don't care for the ingredients list.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Pekoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Frenzied! While it's a really cool color, very complex and glittery but sheer enough to be versatile, it's such a pain to use due to the horrible packaging. The plastic is incredibly thick for a squeeze tube packaging, so I have to squeeze way more than I want to -- and as soon as I stop squeezing the product (and my lip) gets sucked back in.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by bubii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Reckless, and I must say I am in love with it! Its a minty flavored gloss that last pretty much the whole day. I am the type to always be fiddling with my lips and they seem to be chapped a lot, but since I purchased this I have not had that problem.

In the mornings after I brush my teeth I put some on, and it pretty much lasts me the whole day. I love the consistency its not too sticky but sticky enough to make the product last on your lips. Whenever I have this on my lips I dont feel the urge to mess with them because I know they will be moisturized and chapped-free!

Def. Will repurchase

SN: the different glitter does show up on your lips. so you want to get the one you think will suit you best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have these glosses in "Frenzied" and "Reckless". They are both really good, however I prefer Frenzied. Frenzied is a taupe/champagne color with golden and multicolored flecks of sparkle/shimmer running through it. It comes out on your lips exactly as it looks in the tube. Reckless is a sheer white/silver with a light pink sheen, flecked with pink sparkle. It comes out very sheer with a pink sheen on your lips. The minty flavor is nice, it's sweet so it doesn't taste like toothpaste. It doesn't burn either. It's moisturizing and lasts long. Overall, a good gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by twilightsaga64

Love this product. It has a really nice minty scent and when you put it on, you can feel a minty tingle on your lips. It's not too opaque, but enough to make your lips noticeable. The tube it comes in and the cap I'm not so crazy about, but all in all, it's a great product that I will definitely be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by swingsettheory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Manic", which appeared opalescent/iridescent in the drugstore lighting, but it doesn't show as much IRL. i was disappointed. i thought it had a kind of Chanel Beige Guitare-type sparkle opalescence...okay, i own glossimers and i realize WnW quality is not gonna compare. but in the tube it does have that not-quite-straightforward cast, so I was surprised when it applied onto my very unpigmented lips looking like Lancome Simmer JT. on white paper, it looks light pink with particles on the borderline of sparkle and shimmer, with a glassy finish (thumbs up for that).

the display didn't highlight any energizing or minty properties that the other reviewers have talked about, so i was surprised at the mint tingle - a really YMMV thing - i know some people like tingly lipgloss but i don't. it's not super tingly like some lip plumpers, but it was a little too toothpasty for me. anyway, the combination of microglitter & glassy clear gloss base gave my lips a plump look as many clear-w/-sparkle Juicy Tubes do. just know in advance about the mint bite!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I picked this up in the light pink shade (too lazy to walk to the bathroom and check the name). Anyhow, I really like it! It has a minty smell and taste. It goes on sheer with just enough shimmer to make your pout stand out! :) It comes with an odd slant tip clear plastic applicator that I am not in love with, but its functional and sanitary so I won't gripe too much. One of the things I really love about this is that it doesn't feel gritty. That is the one thing I really hated about Revlons Lustre glosses, they felt really gritty on my lips..these don't. They are somewhat tacky, so I usually wear them when I have my hair pulled back, because I hate hair in my lipgloss! For the price, I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by LuxLasVegas

I got this amazing gloss in "Frenzied." It's SO PRETTY. Wonderful, minty smell and tingly feeling. Pretty, sparkly color. I like a bit more tacky of a lipgloss, which is why I only gave it a "4" instead of a "5." If you like smoother, less tacky gloss, this one is PERFECT.

It lasts well and has a nice applicator (a hard/slanted piece of plastic that you can smooth over your lips. No fingers needed in case you don't have a place to wash your hands first).

I am going back to buy every possible color. Not a strong pigment, but I just want to buy them all because they're so inexpensive!