September 2, 2014 | 2179 users online

Lips - Palladio - Tinted Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love the low maintenance of tinted balms, but could never quite find the right color that didn't clash with my pale olive skin (too pink) or look too brown (hello, 90's).
i bought this lip balm in "brownie" (my hg, rose with slight brown tinge) and "rosey" (rose with deep pink tones). they are both pretty / subtle with one coat but nicely pigmented, so 2-3 will give noticeable but still natural color. the smell is barely detectable, which is great if you're not a fan of that mint/menthol tingle
lip balms typically have.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is okay. It didn't do much for me and wasn't moisturizing. There were some good things about it, however I didn't like it much. Pros: great color pay off, nice packaging (I like that I was in a tube, and smooth texture. Cons: dried my lips out (started peeling after use, don't know why :( ), very thick (feels like a lipstick), slight weird taste (very slight). It also had a smell (very light), but I'm not sure whether I like the smell or not. Overall I didn't like it because I felt like it was a lipstick in a lip balm tube and it dried my lips out. The color rosy is gorgeous though. Some may like it however it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by sweetsparkless

Just as good as Burts Bees Lip Balm! It is alot cheaper tho! It gives you just enough of a tint, not too much color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Champagne and it's pretty good, but nothing amazing. Champagne is a shimmery but not glittery or frosty nude that looks pretty and has nice shine. The pigmentation is pretty decent for a light-colored tinted balm.

The formula isn't super moisturizing, nor does it last very long, but it does the job as a balm in a pinch. Any moisture it does infuse doesn't last, either. I personally think the Neutrogena tinted balms are far superior in replenishing and maintaining lips' moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by twinnetwin

I got this in Cotton Candy, and have had it for a couple months. It is sheer. You can taste the wax in the balm. If you put too much on it tastes disgusting. Won't buy again in any flavor/color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lovelyleo524

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this lip balm. It's not super moisturizing, but it does make my lips feel a little more soft when I put this on. It feel more of a lipstick than a lip balm, though. I own the color Rosey, and I've noticed that after a while it leaves a bit of a stain on your lips. I actually like this, because when the color wears off my lips won't look cracked and pale, they'll have a little bit of color to them. It's pretty sheer, but at the same time you can tell it's on my lips after just one swipe. A couple more and the color is really bright and pigmented. I do have one complaint: The screw on the bottom that you twist to get more product is very loose on my tube, so if I put this in my purse, it will twist around a lot and I open the cap to a very smashed-looking lip balm. Otherwise, it's a great everyday tinted lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm pretty pale and my lips generally take on pigment very well. But every now and then, my lips tend to pale out and tend to make me look like a listless zombie. So I generally need some kind of lip color on a daily basis to give them a bit more life and flush. Enter this product! I have little complaints about it and what it says it can do. It imparts color, imparts moisture, and stays on my lips quite well. In fact, as the moisture absorbs into my lips, it leaves a pleasant stain (about 1-2 hours after initial application) that is quite pretty. The only problem I really have with this is that it is pigmented. Like sheer-lipstick or lip butter type of pigmented. Unlike general tinted lip balms, a noticeable amount of color comes off when you wipe your lips or drink out of a coffee cup. I still keep this around for when I want something a bit more vibrant, but I'm afraid I've conceded that I can no longer use it as a "lip balm" and keep it more as a "sheer lip color" in my makeup back.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by lattevaniglia

I bought this product because I was looking for a nice tinted lip balm to use for work (lipstick is too much for me, but I have to have some colour on my fairly unpigmented lips or I'll end up looking like a zombie). I was hoping it would be a slip-into-your-pocket-and-not-have-to-look-into-a-mirror product, but I'm so disappointed! First of all, the price. I paid two arms and legs for this -- $5.50 CDN + tax at Sally's! I would normally never pay that much for a tiny tube of lip balm, but the Sally website listed it as $3.99. So deceiving! Second, this "balm" is not moisturizing AT ALL. It goes on waxy, does not absorb, and, like the reviewer below me mentioned, seems to leave my lips drier than before (they look scrunched up, if you know what I mean). If I had known this I wouldn't have paid so much for this crap! That being said, the colour payoff is nice -- I have mine in Rosey -- but it definitely does not go well with dry lips, which is what this "balm" leaves you with. The only reason I chose this over C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve was because this is herbal and I liked the classy little packaging. But this does nothing for me whatsoever so I'm really regretting buying it, especially for the outrageous price. Will stick with a lip stain and good old' Blistex for work instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by nostalgiajunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone online raves about these, and they don't cost a lot so I figured I'd try one. My lips are often dry and flaky so I was really hoping this would deliver both color and moisture.

I have the shade Berry, and the color itself is fine on me, but it fades away very quickly. This wouldn't bother me too much if the product also moisturized my lips, but it doesn't! In fact, it dries them out even more, and the color sticks to the dry patches and generally looks terrible.

So, this product didn't work for me at all, and I won't be buying another one. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Vivicode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted something I could just pull out of my pocket and slather on without thinking about how it looks. This tinted balm is great! I bought it in Brownie, which is a very pretty and natural brown pink. The colors are sheer, so I wouldn't worry about getting a garish shade. It moisturizes very well and stays put for a while.