November 22, 2014 | 1709 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ecotools - Bamboo 2 Powder Puffs

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These are really nice for applying powder or highlighter. Really love to use them with my pressed powders, but they work well for loose as well. Very soft and versatile.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Looking at the other reviews, maybe I got a dud! But my rating still stands. Can only review what I have.

PROS: It's cheap, and you get two.

CONS: Maybe I'm being too harsh by giving a 1, but the sponge inside loses ALL of it's firmness after washing it. I have washed one a couple of times (by hand, not machine wash like it says you can also do) and had it been like that in the first place, I would have not bought it. It's flimsy and thin. If you plan on "loading" the puff with loose powder, or using loose powder in the first place, forget it. It just eats it. So pressed powder is the only way to go. And the softness... well, it's not soft but it's not rough either.

OVERALL: They discontinued these for a reason. I will instead try NYX's puffs, MAC's new (as of 2011) Luxury Powder Puffs, and the Ecotools Finishing Kabuki.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love using these puffs for applying pressed powder. I used to use the round sponge applicators that come with the compact, but they made the powder look cakey and unnatural on my face. I never have this problem with these Ecotools Powder Puffs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been reading that velour puffs make superior applicators for loose/finishing powder (a brush is meant only for dusting off excess, it would seem) and was leaning towards the Laura Mercier ones because of the reviews here and because I use her Mineral Finishing Powder. While at the mall yesterday I went to the LM counter but they were sold out - which made me partly disappointed because I wanted them but partly also relieved because they are bl**dy pricey for something so basic.

Anyway, I saw the EcoTools ones by chance on the way back to my car, and knowing they make some of the best brushes around I picked them up at once, and I'm really glad I did. These puffs, although made from 'bamboo velour' are really, really cashmere soft! The size is just right, and in fact it fits snugly into the lid of the LMMFP (see 3rd pic above) so I don't have to worry about where to store it in between uses especially when I travel (it will get squished a bit though when you close the jar LOL).

They are machine washable (although at the point of writing this review I obviously have not had them washed yet to see how they fare post wash but I will update surely). In terms of performance, I can't compare them with the LM ones but I'll bet my bottom dollar these work just as well, if not better. There IS a difference when you use a puff to press and roll powder on your skin (not rub, as some may be doing): pores and shine disappear for a longer time! The finish is also much better than using a powder brush, which essentially just makes the powder sit on your skin, not meld into it.

I don't know if I will ever need the LM ones - if I eventually buy them it is only because I'm a junkie. These EcoTools bamboo velour puffs - as weird as bamboo velour sounds - are not only cute but also supersoft and do the job exceptionally well. I am very, very happy with my purchase (they were a fraction of the LM ones) and highly recommend them.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No