October 20, 2014 | 1285 users online

Polishes - OPI - Visions of Sugarplum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by nadienadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This polish is a dark purple with medium purple shimmer. There is also a hint of gold shimmer in here as well. Not just a normal dark purple polish, this one has drama, personality, vamp!

Needless to say, I like this one. The formula is decent, Drytime is good. Two coats to opaqueness.

This will look good on long or short nails. Top that with a shiny top coat, this is just wonderful.

A fantastic polish to wear at nighttime, A party, dinner, a date, this polish will not let you down. Also a good one to wear when you are applying in a rush. With a steady hand it will look good and dry fast.

I look to this when I need to apply a polish quickly, when I am running late and should have applied my polish last night lol!

This polish is different enough to warrant a place in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Cristen

I recently got a mani pedi with this OPI's Visions of Sugarplums. I really love the deep purple color with shimmer (not too sparkly, but enough to make it fabulous). I'm a huge fan of OPI's Black Cherry Chutney which is looks blackish indoors, but get out in the light and it is a gorgeous deep red/purple with shimmer. Visions of Sugarplums is a nice change from the blackish polish trend, but still dark enough to be fun and edgy! My new fave polish of the moment. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by iiTZzJOOLiiAH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! I love the deep purple color and the subtle glitter. I love how the glitter isn't chunky or really flashy. It's a very classy pretty color and the polish goes on very smooth. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by cutiebunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this during the 2009 holiday season at Ulta but never get to wear it until yesterday. And OMG! I was absolutely stunned by the beautiful deep dark true purple and subtle shimmers. I've always postponed wearing this because I was afraid that it will look to drastic and cool against my medium pinkish-toned skin. It is actually stunning against my skin. Love it. Glad I didn't exchange it for another boring dark burgundy color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Absolutely gorgeous! I actually regret not getting a back up of this stunner!

Visions of Sugarplum was part of the Ulta Holiday exclusives and the only one that appealed to me. In my stash of 700+, I can honestly say this is surprisingly unique. It's a deep purple eggplant infused with microglitter and looks incredible both worn alone, or layered over something like LPAD. I loathe the pro wide brush .. but I'll deal with it for the beauty of this polish!! HUGE raves if you're a vamp and/or glittery lover :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Deep, dark, but ultra-shimmery purple. Formula is great as well, applies smoothly and evenly and lasts for quite a while. I actually got this for free at ULTA, but it would be worth every penny even if I hadn't. I would love to this for sale year-round!

Edit: I actually found a pretty good dupe for this. It's a little more red but finish and depth is nearly identical. Valerie by Zoya. Strongly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I am thrilled with the price I got on this and 2 others last weekend. I got this with Dazzled by Gold and Dreaming of Red. They had the buy 2 get 1 deal going on AND I had a $5.00 coupon. Love it!

This color is not a blackened purple which is fantastic because I didn't need another one! I feel it is office appropriate, although I may push the envelope a little more than most at the office when it comes to my nails. It is a true purple with what appears to be tiny pinkish/reddish glitters that also flash purple. This is not spectacular by definition (I would say Merry Midnight fits that category) but is still wonderful IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I only needed one coat of this polish. The color shows up well. It reminds me of an eyeshadow from MAC called Young Punk... well sort of. The glitter is different. I love it for the holiday's because it's so unexpected. Update: After a week of wearing it the polish hardly chipped, and the glitter is suspended in the polish instead of settling. The problem with most glitter polish is it settles to the nail bed and takes alot of effort to come off. This was so easy to remove and redo. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by MICROMIN

This color is from the exclusive Christmas release from Ulta 2009. The other colors to this collection are Dreaming of red and Dazzled by gold.
This is a lovely dark plumy purple packed full of purple and pinkish glitter throughout. In the bottle the glitter shows heavily and I am happy to report it looks the same on the nail too. The application of this one is lovely, the first coat was streaky (which is normal for dark colors) the second coat fixed up all the streaks. After adding a topcoat the polish just gleams purple sparkle… I could not stop looking at my nails. The polish was the perfect consistency not too runny or too gloopy. Wear on this polish was good… one nail slightly chipped after 4 days. To keep this polish gleaming its lovely sparkle you will need to re apply a topcoat at around 3 days otherwise it tends to dull down. I wish this one was not a limited edition its such a good color for the nails and toes! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Kattiitta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at Ulta on the hopes that it wouldn't be another blackened color. To my surprise, the color shows up even more on the nails than in the bottle and it is absolutely gorgeous! You can clearly see the purple color and the little red flecks, making it a perfect shade for the cold winter days and holidays! Would definitely repurchase if it was not a limited edition.