September 21, 2014 | 1735 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hard Candy - Fair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to like this product but it turned orange on me no matter what I did before putting it on. It didn't feel oily or heavy the way some tinted moisturizers I've used in the past, but alas, I'm still on the search for a good tinted moisturizer. Guess I'll go back to mixing a tiny bit of my foundation with moisturizer as that never let me down.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jsmexicana

So this was my first item i had ever bought from hard candy, and first tinted moisturizer. I fell in love with it as it gave me a natural look...for the first two weeks. After that the product begins to come apart and you can literary see the oils and stuff in the product...really gross. I tried to shake it to see if i can get it back into its regular form and tried to use it one last time...HOPELESS!! it made my skin look and feel oily and greasy. Overall dont think ill ever return to it. Not worth it for less than 2 weeks of use :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by LithiumFlower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this when living in a very hot and humid area, where in the summer time it was regularly 104 degrees and full foundation would just melt right off. Also not wanting to cake on a lot of makeup in general I looked to this as an alternative and LOVE it. It's not a super greasy feeling and settles on my skin nicely with decent coverage. I could add a little more to area's I wanted more covered and used N.Y.C's translucent setting powder to keep it matte all day.

I am 21 and don't have any real skin issues like acne or discoloration so I don't need anything really heavy or a huge amount of coverage on a daily basis. But someone who might have a lot of acne spots or redness probably wouldn't be in love with this one so much :/ as a great daily go to substitute for foundation I personally love it.

As far as I know Hard Candy is only available online or at the Walmart stores, I got mine for around 8$ which seem's a little pricey for a sort of 'off brand' drugstore line.

Pro's;
Soft feeling without being greasy
Moisturizer and SPF!
Shade matches my skin amazingly
Good 'light' coverage
Buildable
Concealer could be worn under it and blended evenly for extra coverage
Daily use over heavy foundation
No animal testing!

Con's;
The color selection seemed limited, I think only 3 general shades where offered
Comes out 'shiny' on your face (but mattes after you let it sit or put powder over)
For people with acne or skin discoloration the coverage might be too light for what your looking for.
.....and the biggest problem I have with it is that the product separates in the tube. I've shaken the ever loving heck out of the tube to try and mix it up but I've often gone to squeeze the product out and have this little liquidy 'pool' of color tint come out first :/ it doesn't streak or anything when I put it on or seem to effect the application...it's just sort of nasty looking and strange.

Overall I love this for lighter coverage and a foundation replacement for day to day wear. Perhaps a little costly for a drugstore line. I've used dream matte mouse foundation as a concealer (I know they sell a dream matte concealer now too :P) and then put this over it with great results. So it's easily blendable with other products. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm neutral when it comes to Hard Candy. The whole entire cosmetic line seems so...iffy. I've had more problems out of it than any other line, yet the products that have worked for me are all ironically my HG's. So I guess in just some desperate, make-up addiction attempt I buy Hard Candy products every chance I get in hopes of scoring more and more HG's for my stash collection.

What began my rocky and ill-fated relationship with Hard Candy was their tinted moisturizer in "Fair". It was the first item I ever bought from from them. Upon first glance, I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED it bunches. And yes, that includes xoxoxo's. ^__^

But then I realized that Hard Candy's tinted moisturizers were all too dark for my NW20 skin tone. Even "Fair" is too dark and orange against my pale complexion.

I ended up ranking this as a '3' because it had decent staying power. After 3-4 hours of perfect wear, I noticed how shiny my forehead looked. I think it has something to do with the sunscreen, which by the way is really unneeded as SPF15 isn't even enough protection for your face.

Also I enjoyed the price. This tube only cost me $8.00. That's not too bad. All of the amazing tinted moisturizers costs twice as much, so I feel as this is a bargain find.

Now if it wasn't so incredibly oily and had more color selections, I would consider repurchasing this tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For us very ppp gals, this shade is divine. Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer has a mouse-like consistency that gives light, buildable coverage. A little goes a long way so I imagine this tube will last me a good while. It is very moisturizing and leaves a dewy finish but does not make my skin oily. The thing I don't like is the packaging which is a flip top cap ... that part doesn't bother me; it's that product tends to goop up but easy enough to clean up. This product reminds me of laura mercier's tm in that it *is* moisturizing and coverage is more like a sheer foundation. $8 at Walmart and will repurchase. HG for colour.