MAC Lipstick in Plink

4.1

on 7/30/2014 3:02:00 AM

I didn't care for this, and will probably return it. Plink is a nice color in the tube, but on my medium pigmented lips and fair complexion, it just "goes away". No hint of color...nothing. I am going to return it. I'm sure it's just my skin tone, and you may have better luck, but I can't recommend. Any drugstore balm/sheer lippie would do the same/more, for a fraction of the money.

on 5/24/2014 12:54:00 PM

I love the smell of this lipstick, it has a yummy vanilla scent to it that's not too powerful. It doesn't feel very heavy on my lips, and it glides on very easily. I also like the color, its like a shimmery, frosty pink with gold/silver sparkle undertones. But, because its very sheer, you have to make sure your lips are moisturized because this lipstick tends to highlight dry areas and fill in the cracks of your lips. Other than that, its a beautiful lipstick that I would repurchase.

on 12/18/2013 2:29:00 PM

Not usually a fan of pink lipsticks but I really wanted to try one, so I went with plink. Absolutely love it, make up bag is never without it. It's great for day, or great for night with a nice dark smokey eye. It's not a vibrant pink so it doesn't focus too much attention on your lips, probably why it works so well with all looks. Love!

on 5/15/2013 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the perfect 'nude' on me. It's not sheer... it's not frosty... it's shiny... and the color is the perfect innocent pink. A staple in my make-up bag.

Nice frosty pink color with gold and silver shimmer. I think it better falls into Frost category rather than Luster finish. Yet the shimmer is not overpowering but very smooth and fine.
The lipstick feels comfortable on the lips and doesn't dry out lips much. No gloss is needed on top.
Guess it is the tricky type of pink that will look bit different on different people. On me (NW25, brunette) it look kinda Barbie type of pink even though it look peachy in the packaging.
The smell is MAC's standard signature vanilla scent.

on 3/31/2013 12:16:00 PM

Plink, is my lipstick that i turn to pretty much everyday. Plink when first swatched came off pretty sheer on my hand but when built up became a lovely pink colour that is not to in anybodys faces and something that i feel happy to wear. Plink stays on my lips pretty much all day (apart from when i have eaten) leaves my lips feeling nice and smooth! If you have not purchased a MAC lipstick before then i would recommend Plink, great for pretty much any skin tones, especially pale, if you do have dark skin then this could wash you out. Go on if your thinking about buying it then just do it!

on 3/16/2013 1:12:00 PM

Perfect shade of pink, bright yet soft long lasting color, I think it looks even better with liner and sometimes I put lipgloss in prrr by Mac over it which looks really pretty. as with all Mac lip products, it smells really great and vanilla like. Which is great b/c I hate funky waxy smelling lip glosses and sticks.

on 12/19/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This was my first lipstick from mac, and I can say that I love the color. Its a lustre so its quite shimmery. If your lips are dry just make sure to exfoliate and put some chapstick because it can tend to settle in the cracks. Other than that its absolutely stunning. This lipstick is wearable for an everyday look or for a night out.

on 11/16/2012 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This colour shows up as a sheer nude pink on my lips (I am NC30 skin tone for reference) It looks very natural on me, and I admit that I have to re-apply it a couple of times to get the colour to show up. I think the Lustre range is the more moisturising of all the ranges for me, I found the others (cremesheen etc) very drying but this one stays fairly moist. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The color is ok. its cute, just was too pink for my skin, i just bought it as a last resort when i was out of my favorite lustre freckletone. not really natural looking and it reminded me of bubble gum

Popular Lipsticks