July 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Polishes - Eyeko - Vintage Polish

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Vintage polish is a mint green nailpolish that covers within two thicker or three thinner layers. The quality is pretty good, the nailpolish is a bit streaky but when you use thicker layers it should not be a problem. These nailpolishes are discontinued by Eyeko which is a shame because they had cute "gimicky" products and the stuff they sell now is just way overpriced!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this color. I generally wouldn't wear green but this one doesn't make me look sick. It's actually really chic. You can see the color for yourself, though, so I'm going to get down to the stuff you can't know without having actually used the product.
I did not have streaky problems with this product. HOWEVER, I tend to do thicker coats. Staying power and drying time are both pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Then again, I can never go more than 2 days with the same polish on my fingers. I get bored.
I think the polish quality is quite good. It's not OPI (my personal favorite), but it's not that far behind. I would absolutely repurchase, and I want to get a few other colors as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by poof126

The formula is only half decent, unfortunately. Very streaky, and took me 3 coats before I could get an okay result, still not perfect though, but I couldn't be bothered to do a fourth coat. It's drying time is not bad, which is just as well, because you have to do so many coats you wouldn't want to wait ages between coats. I did the final coat about 40 minutes before I went to bed and when I woke up I was pleasantly surprised to find zero sheetmarks.
I will definitely repurchase again, especially if I can get it at the same price (was on discount for only 1.25 quid!), and the colour is beautiful - a pastel turquoise that leans more towards the greener side, a unique shade quite rare among drugstore brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by gundream

Overall, I didn't like this. The color and packaging are ok. I don't like the formula, way too "watery", it goes on streaky and takes forever to dry. Also my brush is kind of uneven? the bristles are too long maybe? that didn't help much to have a smooth aplication. It took 3 coats to make the color kinda of even.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

Really good quality and great unusual colour. Opaque in 2 coats. Dries really quickly. Cute packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 6:51:00 AM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so glad Eyeko improved their nail polishes both in the formula and packaging! these packaging are adorable, easy to stash and they don't have the large bottleneck which was the cause of the (sad) drying of almost all their old ones. I have almost all the colors of this new collection. some I bought (lilac, nude) some were given as a free gift with some orders (posh, vintage, indigo)
I love all the colors I have, it's hard to choose which one I like best, but Vintage is probably on top of the list. it's a lovely jade pastel, not chalky, very elegant on nails. it looks really nice with 2 coats and using a good base and top coat (I use Sally Hansen multi-purpose base+top coat) the color lasts. I never manage to keep my nail polishes too long, so I don't know if it could last a week for example, because I tend to get bored with colors in 3-4 days. but this polish does its job for sure!! I think I will buy a new one as backup. the nice/bad thing about these polishes is that the bottles are quite tiny and if you apply 2 coats of polish the bottle is quickly gone after a few uses. which for me is actually nice, as I always have the feeling that nailpolishes take too long to be finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBearBee

I really love the colour of this polish and it looks really shiny once you've got it on. You do need atleast 2 coats, maybe 3 for it to stand out though. The brush isnt the best and it's quite easy to chip and if you like to pick at ur nail varnish (like me, I know I shudnt) then it peals off really easily. Worth the money though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a thing for mint-polishes, so of couse I had to get this as well.

And its fab! Nice application, only 2 layers needed (3 on thumbs), very shiny.

I just put it on, so I dont know about durability.

Would I buy this product again? Yes, already got backup(s)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great polish. It's a beautiful colour and it lasts a very long time. Beautiful jade green.
Only issue is again the brush. Eyeko needs to start making some better brushes. As opposed to their screw cap polishes, this line has itty bitty brushes, making application difficult. You do need to load your brush up or else your will have uneven, rough polish, which no one likes.
As a side note, this is a very weird smelling polish. Smells like yeast imo. I think I'm just nuts though haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This came as a free gift with the purchase of 3 Eyeko products. This shade of jade green polish is probably one of my favorite colors. It's not chalky looking with my skin tone. Unfortunately this is the only thing I like about this polish. It applies horribly - goopy and streaky. It takes at least 3 coats to cover the streaking. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this. I hope I can find a dupe from a better nail polish company.