July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Sublime Red 150

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just bought this lipstick after I tried it on in Sephora over 6 months ago. I love this orange-red moisturizing lipstick. It's a beautiful color on my African American NC43ish skin tone. The only downside to this product is the $30 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

First off, I would like to say that I am not usually a wearer of red lipstick because I find it hard to find a red on me that looks classy instead of trashy or making me look like I'm trying to be a geisha. But this red is PERFECT. It is light and sexy at the same time and it lit up my complexion with a classic touch of red. I am now a fan :D. I could wear it straight or combine it with a kiehl's lip balm (the red tinted one) for a glossier look. I have gotten many compliments with this red and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a truly sublime red! I originally bought this as a present for my mother. She has black hair, black eyes, very fair complection and full lips. She looked absolutely gorgeous with this lipstick. The shade is very intense fire red which made a perfect contrast with her skin and instantly lit up her intire face. I also don't think that i have to mention how unique and pure the colour looked, completely unchanged as time went by, how smooth and hydrating the lipstick is, since all shades of Rouge Pur by YSL share these common traits. Staying power is very good (if you use a lip liner first of course), i haven't noticed any bleeding and finally, the packaging.... Simply fantastic. Very chic, golden coloured packaging with the YSL tag on top which makes every woman feel proud to take it out of your purse to renew the colour. However, when i tried no.150 on, it didn't look pure red like it did on my mother but more like red with orange undertones (my skin is curently tanned btw). Both me and my mom loved this colour and she told me that this is definately her HG red but as for me, my HG red is still Rouge Pur no.131 Opium Red(blood red which makes me feel like a 50's film noir star). It is an expensive lipstick(costs about 30Euro) but there is no way you'll regret buying this or any shade so go for it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the new red colour that came out for the 2009 holiday season and is featured on the YSL ad. I am a red lipstick fan and wanted to own one by YSL as I heard a lot of good things about YSL lipsticks.
There is nothing sublime about the Sublime Red 150 lippy from YSL. As I said, it is the colour featured on the poster/ad, but the colour on the ad is deceiving. On it, the colour looks a bit deeper and bluer red, while in fact, Sublime red is a bit more lighter and orange. Sublime red is definitely a beautiful red if you like reds that are on the warmer side, yet still very noticeable. It is probably best suited for lighter to medium complexions. For me (light complexion yellow undertones) it's a perfect day red.
The texture is rich and the colour fairly unique (and I know reds as I exclusively wear red lippy), but I can't say I was too impressed with the quality. On me it wore off faster than other HE lippies (e.g. Dior or Chanel) and it did become uneven on my lips after an hour or so of wear, forming that not-so-sexy lower-lip-accumulation-piling (not sure if I am making sense here) effect. It also does tend to bleed, so you will need a lip liner (a clear one if you like me don't like using colored lip liners). But, it does slightly stain your lips, so even if it wears off you will have a slight stain left on them.
Overall, I am very impressed by the colour, and for that reason I would repurchase, but I am not impressed by the quality. I recognize that everyone is not same, but on me, Chanel or Dior lipsticks perform better.