Chanel Chance

3.8

on 6/24/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ive repurchased this already about 5 or more time, it smells really fresh and light, this is more of a day time perfume.

on 5/19/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've gone back and forth with Chance since it was introduced. I've recently revisited Chance and am pleasantly surprised to find it much more wearable than in the past. Lots of pink pepper on top that remains through the entire drydown, pineapple fruity, a vanilla bakery note, and a heavy dose of light musk. I don't get as much patchouli from the current version than originally. Very effervescent. Long lasting in any concentration. I get more of the vanilla bakery note in the EDP, and more of a fresh laundry vibe from the EDT. Chance is youthful, but fun for all ages. If you like Pink Sugar and Chanel #5 Eau Premiere, give Chance a chance to delight you.

on 5/17/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's hard to review a scent, because it's such a personal thing. However, this is a great scent, and I wore it all through college. I've since moved on to a less commonplace perfume that I find a little more "me," but this stuff is a crowd pleaser and I got compliments whenever I wore it. It's a very fresh smell but still complicated enough that you smell more interesting than clean laundry or a spring rain. I love the minimalistic bottle, and although Chance is expensive, it lasts a long time. You can't go wrong with this perfume.

on 5/6/2015 9:21:00 PM

OMG this is IT for me! I've purchased this multiple times. Every time I wear it I always feel... special. Like this is the perfume for me. My fiancé has never smelled this on me but luckily I have a fresh bottle for our wedding day. Can't wait to wear beloved Chance on our special day!

on 2/24/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was given a bottle of Chance by my cousin on a snowy day in Boston at the Oyster bar when she was visiting and it will always be associated with that day for me. I had never owned a Chanel perfume before and was excited and intrigued. When I first sprayed it on, I thought it was way too domineering for me, but as I tried it again and again I realized there was something magnetic about it that kept me coming back. It is my cold-weather perfume, and when I want to feel sophisticated and professional, this is what I spray on. I love the crisp notes of pepper and spice biting into the cold winter air, and the warmth of the patchouli base. It is an oriental fragrance, exotic and yet tasteful. Years later, I have finished about a third of the bottle, which is remarkable for me. I now own a bottle of No. 5, but I find Chance easier to wear on a more casual day. I always think of Chance as my trench coat perfume - chic and put together with good tailoring. The scent lasts quite a few hours although a spritz doesn't last all day on me. If I ever finish the bottle my cousin gave me, which has followed me to three different continents now, I will probably buy myself a second bottle.

PS. One minor quibble: The metal band around my glass bottle has started to tarnish, which I was rather sad about. I expected better packaging from Chanel given how pricey the perfume is.

Okay so I got this as a gift from my aunt this year, and I'm a real fan of anything expensive (I need to stop) and getting my hands on a Chanel perfume was a dream come true for me.
This has a really sweet powdery smell; like how you would expect a ballerina in a pink tutu to smell like, it's really nice during daytime if you're feeling really cutesy or you're rocking your new summer dress. But I wouldn't wear it on a party or a really bold night out.
The bottle was really pretty and elegant; and I don't know why but after about three weeks it was really hard to spray it on, the thing kept getting stuck! I had to spray it away from me for a couple of times before I could get hold of a proper puff of Fragrance out of that.
I wear this mostly if I'm wearing a light dress out, and I noticed so many kids love it (I volunteer at an orphanage) they kept saying things like "you smell like a princess" or "you smell so pretty"
It doesn't last THAT long though; a couple of hours maybe, I bet this is marketed at teens because this stuff is really catchy. You wouldn't want to make this your signature scent or to be known wearing this, it's not that notable. But if you're looking for a nice day out for a couple of hours this can make you feel really happy and pumped up, like a little girl.
I didn't get any comments from older people though; my mom once told me I smelled good, and my classmates commented on how nice I smelled :)
Bottom line, this is a pretty good spring/summer day out perfume, all in good fun and nothing too bold or head turning if that's what you're looking for.

on 1/14/2015 1:01:00 PM

It's a very pretty scent, very feminine, but it has some powdery undertones which I don't particularly care for over scents that don't. The first time I smelled this I bought a bottle but it's rarely used.

on 12/28/2014 2:36:00 PM

Sweet young and floral. Too floral for my preference.

on 11/19/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have allergies and normally all perfume will make me sneeze and sometimes I have a hard time breathing. This perfume does not bother me. I also have weird body chemistry and usually makes all perfumes smell like pickle juice on me. Yes, somebody once told me that. Chanel perfume does not do this to me. This is by far my most favorite Chanel perfume. It is not over the top. I get so many compliments from people. This is my all year around perfume. One spray in the morning will last all day. Don't over do it.

on 11/2/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is strong and dark, a perfume of perfumes, but for a youthful demographic not yet prepared to plunge into the full figured offerings that we call No 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Bois des Isles, or Coromandel. This is an effortless Chanel, a transitional Chanel. Sweet, candid, agreeable until it possibly turns into prickly wood shavings and powder, a mix of aromas that makes me wonder what I just applied to my skin. Going from the peppery fruit salad of lemon and pineapple to the saw dust with acidic overtones of the vetiver and patch strikes me as a decidedly unpleasant dissociative journey. However, this sharp, dry end stage does not always appear. I can and do often enjoy a bland sophistication, though it is not distinguished enough for me to escape conventionality. In a word, Chance bores one; Chanel has bottled tedium in an even more unappetizing round vessle. Do not bother sampling unless you find no better choice. Plus, the poor EDP longevity with the price does not do the scent any favors. My review must finish here. There is nothing left to say. Notes: Pink pepper, citron, pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver, white musk, vanilla.

Popular Fragrances