August 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Lipstick - Illamasqua - Fable

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful pink matte color, however I hate the texture. Very, very dry, hard to apply, cakey and powdery. And leaves white residue. Very expensive.
BUT - this is the best color I have ever seen, I love it sooo much!

It's best to use:
- Lip balm first
- Illamasqua lipstick
- Lip gloss

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was one of the two lipsticks I receieved in my Mystery Box (the other was Drench, which I already had...whomp) I'm leary of lighter lip colors, as I look best in bold and dark shades, but this is just bright enough to work with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Beautiful color. I always moisturize my lips with something more waxy so that my lips dont flake. Its a lovely color on my nc25 skin and looks pin up, not garish. I put nyx pinky nude on top.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

LOVED the colour HATED the product, illamasqua lipstick are so inconsistent in texture and application! it frustrates me because the colours are gorgeous! but some are just so dry and hard to apply.

fable is unfortunatley one of the colours that is hard to apply, dry, cakey and powdery.

the best lipsticks ive tried from illamasqua are plunge, corrupt and filth(discontinued unfortunately!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I rarely have such a negative opinion, but this lipstick is one of the worst I have ever encountered. I am so glad that it was a part of the alter ego package because everything else in that was actually wonderful. This is literally the worst lipstick I own now though.

The color: histrionic pink.

(Urban Decay, if that isn't a color name already it should be.)

This could be acceptable. It's retro, crazy but fun. It definitely would work for a ganguro girl if you pair it with some self tanner.

On my skin it actually looks somewhat orange, and perhaps because I'm pale, it actually almost seems like a nude lipstick gone wrong. That could be different on some one else's skin though.

Really, it is the texture I can not believe. Yes, this is matte and that means it has to be somewhat dry. This does not mean that it has to have the consistency of an oil pastel, or be so chalky that it balls up on the lips like spoiled milk curdling in coffee.

You will need gloss on this, and let me ask you something: If you need gloss, then why did you buy a matte lipstick?

Let me recommend YSL's pinks for retro fun. They are not even that much more expensive, just as pigmented, and actually are creamy on the lips without creating clumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought the Illamasqua lipstick palette from the Christmas gifts range because I wanted to try out a few different pinks - the palette came with plunge, fable, corrupt and over.

Fable reads like such a pretty, pale creamy pink on me. It's really noticeable, wears well but is pretty dry and settles into lip lines - so make sure to prep your lips and condition :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been obssessed with pale matte pink lipsticks lately. This has just enough bubble gum pink but still a baby pink. Great staying power and super pigmented. I like that it is warm with no blue or violet tones. Just pink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

Fable is a great blue-pink, similar to MAC Pink Nouveau. It is a matte, intense pink, without any shimmer or sheen. Like many Illamasqua lipsticks it can be a bit dry, but it is so pigmented and creamy, but never thick, that only a little is needed for a great result, and it lasts for hours. I tend to pat a little clear MAC Lip Conditioner on top to take away the dryness and moisturize a bit, and a good exfoliated lip and lip primer are helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by 176163

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Illamasqua Fable is such a beautiful pink opaque lipstick. I really love it because it is quite similar to my beloved and discontinued MAC Rizzo. I has just a bit more pink in it than Rizzo, and it is a warm pink. It is very opaque and matte, and like the other reviewer said, it does probably need a little gloss on top. This is truly a unique color though. So if you like warm light pinks, this would be a great choice. It's also similar to MAC's Colour Crafted for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The picture above is me wearing the lipstick with NYX beige gloss over it. I am impressed with Illamasqua lipsticks. This is my fourth. They are chalky and pigmented, which is why I always put a gloss over them. But the colors can't be beat. Fable is unlike any of my pink lipsticks, and I have A LOT of them! It is a bright cotton candy pink, but it's not overly pink, in my opinion. The undertones are not blue, like Snob. I use NYX beige gloss over this (which is actually pink, not beige), and it looks great. When worn without lipgloss, Illamasqua lipsticks do not look good. So if you want a lipstick that is shiny that you don't have to wear gloss with, this is not for you. But if you want a perfect pink lipstick, very feminine, this is for you. I will repurchase. I hope Sephora carries this brand for a long time to come.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No