Ulta Nail Laquer Base Coat

3.5

on 2/18/2015 10:04:00 PM

This review is for the clear version of base coat: "Ulta Profession Nail Lacquer Base Coat" in the square shaped bottle. This works well to protect nails from yellowing or becoming reddish as some nail polishes might cause. It also goes on smoothly and evenly. This also isn't excessively drying to the nail bed. However, this probably why it causes my nail polishes to peel off my nails. It starts right at the sides of the nail bed. However, it lasts for about 3 - 4 days before it starts doing this. I purchased two - BOGO, so it's a good value at .5 fl. oz, but I won't be purchasing again. Its average in performance, at best.

on 5/25/2013 1:48:00 PM

Personally, I didn't feel that I got my money's worth. I think it is a great idea but the products are not formulated well. I really like Ulta's polishes and have seven in my collection. They retail for $6, but I have never paid more that .99-$3. I was pretty disappointed with this collection.

on 5/3/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I finally realized how important a good base coat is after getting a pedicure for the first time in years, but didn't want to pay over $10+ for one. This Ulta base coat (clear/green formula) is pretty good, at least based on my limited knowledge of them. It dries fast, goes on smooth, and makes polish last better and longer, while providing a barrier so nails don't get discolored. The only con is that if you go over the brushstroke of your color polish twice (one right after the other), on top of this, it sort of makes the color dance around, leaving a "hole" in your first color coat, revealing the clear underneath. But since I never do less than two coats with any polish, it isn't a problem.

This base coat is the green tinted one (but it goes on clear) in the cylindrical bottle with a silver cap. I think this product is great for the price, about $3 (when on sale). It dries super fast, in about a minute or two and only takes one coat. It's not thick or clumpy, goes on very smoothly and the brush is decent. A little goes a long way. I love this stuff ( :

on 10/7/2010 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the Ulta Salon Formula Base. It is a small green square bottle with.4 FL. I got it for $2.

Pros: I Love this base coat. Its easy to use, the brush is great. It does not get goopy or thin. You do not need to apply much for it to do its job. It prevents me from getting nail discoloration and added a few days to each of my manicures. For $2 this is a great base coat.

Con: There is only one con- the brush. Inside the square cap is a round little brush that often falls out. Its not a big deal however its just a little flaw.

I would most certainly recommend this product again.

on 12/1/2009 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Ulta makes several basecoats, I have the one that is in the nailpolish section, clear green formula. This is a good basic basecoat for the nails, doesnt get too thick and drier quickly. Its ok for the price I got it for $2, it doesnt stink lil cheapy fumey polishes. I may try the Ulta's Professional basecoat or the Silk Wrap, I heard the are superior in quality.