Kanebo Kate lipgloss

3.3

on 7/26/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the tube form of lipgloss. Applys rather thickly, as in you would be able to feel that there's something on your lips. Rather sticky feeling but that means it stays on your lips for a longer time. Very shiny, almost vinyl finish. Sheer colours.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love tube glosses cos they're small and easier to apply than regular wand glosses. I got this in BR1 - a medium beige with small glitters. It gives me shiny, glossy nude lips without washing me out. I felt this was a little sticky on me but that equates to longer staying power then I don't mind at all. The only minus point is that whenever I want to apply the gloss, too much of it get squeezed out.

on 8/18/2008 9:19:00 AM

It feels nothing like lipgloss. And that's a good thing. It is so moisturising it's like a liquid lip balm. Feels wonderful on my lips, hydrates well. It dosen't last long though, and is not as shiny as other lipglosses. But due to hydration, i give it a 5.

on 10/10/2007 9:15:00 AM

unlike the other reviewers, i actually liked KATE lipgloss. i like it that it's comfortable to wear, is not thick and sticky and it shows up with moderate shine instead of high shine. the color that i have is BE-1, which is a milky light beige with subtle gold shimmer that shows up as the perfect nude on my lips. i should mention that i have fairly pigmented lips. for an asian, i have really pale skin and nude lip color normally washes me out and i appear dead, but this lipgloss is demur without making me look too pale or dead. it goes really well with the smoky eye look as it puts the focus on your eyes but your lips still retain a subtle sheen/shimmer. besides, you're getting a lot of product for only $4.

I really love KATE Liquid Rouge (please see my review for it). So when I saw the tube lipglosses by KATE I had to get one of their lipglosses..and since they are cheap I had to get all 3 colors =)

KATE lipgloss comes in a standard squeeze tube with a rounded tip and it has the tendency to ooze out too much product even if I press the tube very lightly so there is sometimes too much lipgloss on the tip so I need to wipe it before application. The lipgloss is unscented (a good thing for me!) and the formula is rather thin, not thick and sticky which I prefer, since it gives higher shine and has better lastability. The lipgloss lasts about an hour on me if I donīt eat or drink so it needs to be reapplied frequently. The finish is not high-shine, itīs rather a mid-level shine to me. All 3 colors are quite sheer, making them not really unique if you have other similar colors.

Each tube contains 7g of product and costs around $4, so they are really cheap.

The colors available are as follows:

RD-1: a bright cherry red in the tube, a very sheer red on lips, no shimmer

BE-1: a milky beige with pink undertones, a bit more pigmented than the other 2 colors, gives lips a nude look. Contains fine golden shimmer

PK-2: a very sheer pink with fine silver shimmer, almost clear with shimmer on lips.

I might repurchase the lipglosses again, since they are really cheap, look pretty and are just easy to apply on the go since they are so sheer that I donīt need a mirror. I might also try out new colors. If KATE would make the formula a bit stickier (more like BP lip jellies) Iīd give them 5 lippies straight away!

I am a cool toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

continued >>

Love the packaging and love the shade in the bottle.. but once it applies on the lips.. everything changes. The shade Pink is a very milky texture and really doesnt look nice on the lips.

on 12/17/2002 4:11:00 AM

I got the red gloss in a swap and was surprised at how pigmented it was. The texture of it was a little more runny than Baby Pink glosses. For the price thought, it was pretty good.

on 8/4/2002 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Kate is an inexpensive cosmetic line from Kanebo geared towards the budget of the average college student. This lipgloss is packaged similar to Maybelline's Jelly Gloss and priced at around $4. I purchased one in OR-1. The color didn't show up on my pigmented lips. Quite a shame, because it was a gorgeous sheer apricot when swiped on my hand. The texture is thick but easy to spread, and is quite shiny. There is no taste/ flavor, but this is the one instance when I wish there was. So to salvage this purchase, I will be using this over some of my matte lipsticks since I don't own a clear gloss...until now.

Recommended for Medium Skin