Nivea Lip Care

cera microcristallina, hydrogenated polydecene, cetyl palmitate, ricinus communis, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexyl triazone, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, synthetic wax, titanium dioxide, cetaryl alcohol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, c20-40 alkyl stearate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, cera carnauba, butyrospermum parkii, simmondsia chinensis, tocopheryl acetate, diethylhexyl butamido triazone, cera alba, polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, citral, parfum, ci 19140

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I rely very heavily on lip balm and apply it multiple times a day. I can't stand the feeling of chapped or even just dry lips, and I live in the Canadian prairies, so I am pretty well-acquainted with both. I became frustrated with the eos spheres and needed something new, so I bought the Nivea Essential Lip Care balms (dark blue cap) and have been using them daily for a month.

These are very inexpensive! I bought a 2-pack at Superstore for $3 CAD. I don't notice any scent, and I think the packaging is nice. They provide a lot of moisture to my lips and it feels creamy, not waxy or greasy. My lips are in the best shape they've been in for years and I haven't needed to exfoliate any dry bits off them for weeks. I'm prone to product-related breakouts along my lip line, and haven't seen any since beginning my Nivea use. Lipsticks also apply really nicely over top of this!

I highly recommend these and will be repurchasing.

on 4/16/2014 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have HydroCare and Pure & Natural - Milk & Honey. Both are great! The HydroCare soaked in in 5 minutes so you don't have a greasy feeling. Milk & Honey was thicker and long lasting. I will be repurchasing both as they are cheap ($2-$4) and perfect!! Favorite Chapstick brand!

on 3/30/2014 10:37:00 AM

I bought this product in HydroCare and it is a clear lip balm stick that is supposed to moisturise the lips and protect them. It is a very light lipbalm and it is very discreet on the lips; leaving no white sheen or colour behind, not even gloss. I think it does moisturise the lips when the product is applied to your lips but about an hour after you have applied it, my lips stayed the same with not much difference to the moisture on them. Overall I like this product and will continue using it but it is not very nourishing on the lips.

on 3/19/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have been using the Nivea Lip Care (Med Protection and Essential Care) for the past 3 years now, and it is simply the BEST lip balm ever! I have tried from Chapstick to the almost $50 ones from high-end brands, but this simply beats them all hands down. It is moisturizing with no oily or waxy "aftertaste", and tackles chappy lips with incredible prowess. I prefer either the Med Protection or Essential Care since these two have no tinted colours whatsoever, so at this moment I cannot vouch for the other flavoured versions of their Lip Care. But seriously, the Med Protection and Essential Care are just such an amazing product by Nivea.

on 2/25/2013 8:28:00 PM

This stuff is the BOMB! <3 I absolutely adore it, and it's very cheap as well. You get great quality for your price. I've tried the original one in the dark blue tube (went through several tubes of that) and today I picked up the camomile & calendula one. My new one is just as moisturizing, however I'm not too fond of the scent (smells kind of grandma-perfumy-floraly). The original one smells SOOOO GOOD though :).

on 12/8/2012 2:36:00 AM

This is my favourite lip balm ever! I own the cherry, strawberry, dark blue normal one and the smoothie one and I love them all! They are very moisturizing and don't taste bad at all! In fact the strawberry one and the cherry one smell so good and they add a nice tint of red to your lips! The application stick is a little big however I have fat lips so it doesn't bother me at all! I find myself constantly reapplying the lip balm but I think that's just because I love them so much! And the price is great compared to any lip treatment you would find at anywhere else. Great product, would definitely recommend it.

on 12/5/2012 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing, I have been using these for 10 years. My favourite is the original dark blue one. It gives a nice glossy finish and stays on for hours! I put it on before bed and my lips are sometimes still glossy in the morning. Its the perfect moisturiser for lips, I use it everyday and all year round. I found that the others aren't as good as the dark blue one. I've used almost all of them and always come back to the original.

on 8/21/2012 12:52:00 PM

Love these!! I buy a ton of these when they go on sale and stash them everywhere! I usually used the original blue one or the light blue hydro one. I think the hydro one is my favourite. If I'm putting on lip products afterwards, I put this one first and let it sit for a bit. Afterwards I tissue off the balm and then apply like normal. I've also tried the yellow SPF one - not as moisturizing, and the strawberry one - smells delicious and is tinted red. I will probably keep repurchasing these for forever!

on 8/6/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best lip product I always have in my purse, bag or pocket where ever I go! It makes my feel comfortable and it does not makes my lips dry and cracked even after a long day under the sun, it won't even discolor your natural lip color. I also love its smell, sweet but not that strong and I can't taste something when I'm wearing it. It also comes with variants that would let a person choose the best feature that suits his/her needs. So cool.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this is my favourite lip balm. i like the light blue/aqua one. i always get a bad taste in my mouth when using lip balms but i don't with nivea.