September 2, 2014 | 2130 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Camouflage Cream (in the pot)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by chinkschinka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely amazing color (i use orange # 20) for correction and the yellow (i think #14) for highlighting.......BUT --- it is really poor quality. It dries real fast. Need to warm it up by rubbing fingers or heating it even in the microwave !!! But more than that , it dries up underneath my eyes. I have combination skin but very dry skin under the eyes and this product just does not spread easily...

If anyone knows any tips of how to use it better for dry skin , I would appreciate the help. Overall , great color for pigmentation/correction/ under eye dark circles but very poor quality application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best under eye concealer EVER!!!! I have reddish bags under my eyes and across the bridge of my nose. I have tried every concealer out there, from cheapo drug store products to designer brands sold at Holt Renfrew. Even the ones that manage to conceal my flaws in the morning, disappear by the end of the work day and my red eyes and nose are back.

On a whim one day, I asked for advice at Sephora and the sales woman recommended Camouflage Cream. Yes, it's expensive. But, for me, it works AND it stays in place until I wash it off. If I had to choose just one make-up product to wear, this would be it; it makes my skin appear flawless, day and night.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

#20 this is the orange corrector.

After watching destinygodley on YouTube doing a tut on using colour correctors on dark skin I started jonesing for this little tub badly. I have darker pigmentation on both sides of my mouth and PIP on my cheeks from an stress acne outbreak over the summer and this had sold out in the UK at the only stockist, so got a friend to post from NY.

At first I was expecting a lot of this little tub of joy and was disappointed. I thought the colour was too sheer... And whilst I still think that, I am able to build up coverage. Instead of layering under concealer and or powder, I mix with my concealer and apply with a concealer or fine liner brush and either blend with a patting motion with my fingers or I buff out with a brush.

Nice. I have made it work. I wouldn't buy again as I have 2 pots and they will last me a while. Once they have gone I will just use a matt orange lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Manderslovely

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in orange, since I have hispanic dark skin and deathly dark under eye circles. I pat some under my eyes and blend with my foundation brush over Sally Hansen airbrush foundation and it is not cakey at all. It covers by blue-ish dark circles perfectly. I am not sure this strong of an orange color would work as well for a light skinned girl. But I highly recommend it for women of color. BTW- I would not use this color to cover anywhere else except under eye circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Nepheliad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the camouflage cream in the single pots, not the tubes. I believe they are similar to the ones in the 5 concealer palettes. I have the shades in #14 and #15. They were Can$20 each at Sephora which is probably on the more expensive side, but still quite reasonable since a very little goes a long way. #14 is a yellow beige and #15 is a bit darker and has more orange in it. For reference I'm about an NC35-40 and I wear NC30 in the MAC studio finish concealer. I found #14 to be too light for me. I could darken and soften it with foundation and powder and it looks fine. I then got #15 because it was slightly darker, but it is way too orange for me. It didn't look right. None of the other colours match me so the closest is #14 as long as I put some foundation and powder over it. The coverage is really good for my undereye circles. In my opinion, just as good as the MAC studio finish. The consistency is smooth and not too thick to work with. Like all concealers, if you put too much it could look cakey and accentuate fine lines, but if this happens I just very lightly smooth over the lines with a cotton swab and it's fine. The pros for the pot form is that it's easy to use your brush or finger, but the con is that it's not as hygienic as a tube. So I think overall this is a great medium to full coverage concealer as long as you can find a match. Maybe the 5 colour palette could be an option so you can mix and match.