November 27, 2014 | 1418 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Love At First Light Skin Luminizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

No other single product has done more to disguise my dark, undereye circles than this luminizer! I got it at Big Lots during their awesome $3 Philosophy blowout, and I went back and picked up 2 more before they sold out. I’ve never been one to use highlighter/luminizer, I always just looked at it as this extra step I didn’t really have the time or the need for. I also thought a ‘luminizing’ product would just draw more attention to my dark under eye circles, but this product has proven me wrong. This luminizer comes in a chic black plastic mirrored compact. There is no applicator, so I apply with my fingers or a foundation brush (though I think a sponge would be ideal). It’s a lightweight crème that is slick to the touch. It’s a pale beige color, with a bit of luminescence to it. It just looks like satin on my skin, there is no visible shimmer or glitter. I just swipe it under my eyes, under the arch of my eyebrows, around my nose, and above my cupids bow (also works lovely to highlight tops of shoulders, collar bones, etc.). It just blends effortlessly into my skin, then I apply my regular foundation or tinted moisturizer over top. I don’t know how it works, exactly, but it just makes my skin look brighter & more even, without looking like I piled on concealer. This brightening effect lasts most of the day. I can reapply sparingly, but too much tends accentuate any dry/flaky areas and look overly shiny. I would not have even tried this had I not seen it at Big Lots for super cheap, but I am so glad I did. It just makes me look younger, brighter…and better. I am very happy with this impulse buy, I’d definitely recommend picking it up if you’re lucky enough to find it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised there are not too many reviews for this product.

It is a cream luminizer which is absolutely perfect for highlighting the upper cheek bones, in the corners of eyes and over your concealer -- especially for more mature women. I bought this for a photo shoot and it sat for a few months in one of my mu cases -- until I found it a few weeks ago...and applied it on myself last evening.

wow wow wow.. this little cream finished my mu and left such a subtle glow that my best friend ask me if I had just had sex with the hubby...HA!

can I say anymore about it?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never called myself a Philosophy girl... I do occassionally use their products and every once in a while feel like I scored a hit. Well, ladies....THIS IS A HIT! I, like NancyGooGoo, saw it being used on a African American lady on QVC and thought she looked fabulous, her skin had this wondrous glow to it. So on the premier show, which was like back in October, I succumbed and ordered it.

Initially I had been disheartened that it did not come with some sort of brush...as I am not a finger using type of girl (I'm a BE user, so I'm all about a brush). Since no brush was included, I went and purchased a nice fluffy brush from CVS, because the instructions say you can use a brush too. Well, don't waste your money, the brush (though great) proved to be totally useless. The hair's stuck to the product because it's creamy, not powdery, and it added nothing to my face.

Now, I tried applying it with my fingers after my moisturizer/primer and before my makeup. Didn't notice much if any difference, maybe I seemed a little shinier. Well, I tried it another way, with my fingers applied on top of my BE bisque and foundation. I apply it every where: on my cheekbones, apples of the cheeks, across the forehead, bridge of the nose, on the brow bone and inner corner of the eye, then continue with my warmth and mineral veil.

Results.....

POSITIVELY RADIANT!!! I love this stuff so much I even carry it in my purse, just in case I need it during the day! I went out on the town wearing this for the first time the other night and I got compliments galore (despite the fact that I also had a major cystic pimple). I am also African American and I really feel that this stuff makes my face glowy and luminized, not at all glittery, sparkly or shiny and it has not broken me out at all. I will definitely repurchase and I'm glad that I was one of the first people to get my hands on it. I can finally say that I too am a Philosophy Girl!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from QVC after being "sold" on watching this being used on African-American skin! It gave the model such a beautiful soft, smooth, glowing finish WITH NO SHIMMER OR GLITTER that I just HAD to order it. However, I held off for a few weeks because I didn't want to get all caught up in the ordering process. So, I figured if I forgot about it, it wasn't all that important to buy, however, it lingered with me and I kept reviewing the video on this product on the QVC site. It was then I knew I had to have it! I am so NOT sorry I bought this! It goes on so light that you forget you have it on and it smooths out all imperfections like a primer but with no heavy feeling on your face. I absolutely LOVE it and am not sorry I bought it! I think it's only sold at QVC so don't go looking for it in Sephora - at least not yet. It's a keeper!

I just wanted to add, that I originally began putting this on with a foundation brush, but after using it with just my finger, it goes on a lot better that way. Just a swirl with my finger and putting it on like I'm putting on moisturizer, does the trick and comes out even MORE evenly because of the fact I have even more control! Just thought I'd add that.

EDIT: I've since changed my mind on this. I realize that it DOES leave an ashy film on my face and when I apply it on top of my foundation, it makes me look ghostly. I know it's not my foundation because I've used that without the LAFLSL and so it's definitely the philosophy product. So, that's the reason I deducted my rating of it as well as not wanting to repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No