April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Shadow Duo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by prettyvivid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok i take it back, the duo cream shadow liners are not the dumbest thing smashbox has come out with, these are.

first the colors have almost no pigment, secondly the delivery system makes it impossible to use most normal sized brushes and finally many of them appear to be broken. you can spin the grate and only get the outer color out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a disappointment! I bought the neutral set from QVC (they shipped the wrong color and then made me wait while they processed the return - bad CS, QVC!) and by the time I got the right product I was excited to try it. The brushes were very nice, yes, but the packaging just didn't work - WAAAY too much of the bisque and hardly any of the accent color (almond?). Not what was represented at all on the QVC program.

So, I sadly shipped it all back. I saw other similar comments to mine (about the packaging not working) on QVC so I wonder if that's why it's not being sold. Major production issue. Too bad - colors are nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Rella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this at QVC. I had wanted the Pewter/Smoke but it had sold out and was on waitlist. I ordered the Petal/Plum instead. I love it! On Sephora the eye shadows sell for $36.00. The brushes: #3 is $32.00,#10 is $28.00(Total: $96.00.) On QVC I got them all for $41.00+tax and shipping.Anyway, it is my favorite eyeshadow. It goes on so smooth and lasts on me all day. I had no problem whatsoever with turning it or getting the right amount out. I just turned it clockwise a little and I got it right away.It is not on QVC right now,and I don't know why...maybe it sold out? Yes,I would re-order.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

could i really be the first one to review this product?! here goes! this "anti-aging" eyeshadow duo is based on the Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder design/packaging and has two complimentary hydrating mineral shadows -a larger, paler lid color and a smaller, darker crease color- in one circular package with a grinder that shaves off the product when you turn the packaging so everytime you use it, you get freshly shaved loose eyeshadow with the ease of having it pressed for tidiness. i first saw these shadows on QVC and was very interested in the duo called Soft Peach and Cocoa but was not so hyped on the $36 pricetag. however, when i was browsing at Nordstrom's recently with my girlfriend i tried on the shadow (Soft Peach and Cocoa) and fell REALLY in love. the colors, both matte, are a pale peach (shocking! LOL) and a dark brown and they have a really lovely, finely milled and easily blendable texture. i'm not an expert at shadow application like a lot of you aspiring Van Gogh girls on here and it was a snap for me to apply, blend and achieve a really beautiful look with this product. the Soft Peach and Cocoa duo i tried is just *THE PERFECT* everyday, throw-it-on-no-matter-what-you're-wearing and run out the door colors that would be flattering on any skintone and eye color and even though the price is outrageous, i have to have it!!! now for the downside: i don't know if it was just the duo i tried but i had a hell of a time turning the packaging to grind off the pigment and when i finally managed to get some ground, there was ten times too much of the lid color and not enough of the crease color. it was a huge hassle and does kind of put me off of spending so much money on an eyeshadow duo that i will end up wasting tons of due to the faulty packaging. in theory the packaging idea of turning the product and shaving off a fresh application each time is genius but in your actual hands it was nearly impossible! maybe i had a faulty tester or i was doing it wrong, but i'm fearing that since i fell so hard for the wearable, neutral colors i will soon be wrestling that little black package on a daily basis :D definitely test out this product at the Smashbox counter near you and see if it's something you'll want to wrestle with too!