December 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic Extreme (Waterproof)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Lerka

Hmmm I thought I reviewed Iconic Extreme before. Anyhoo...
Almost all Dior mascaras are my absolute HG products. Every time I want to change it up and buy another mascara, but I always just go back to Dior. They just make my lashes look fabulous. They are expensive but not as expensive as...ahem...Guerlain..ahem

Iconic Extreme is a waterproof version of Iconic which I also love but it did smudge a little by the end of the day (nothing major really I would still use it even if they didn't come up with waterproof one). I think whoever left bad reviews just doesn't know how to use it properly. I agree that the wand takes a bit of practice. And when you use the product first few times it really doesn't do much (I think just like with any other mascara). You just need the air to get in the tube which would take about 4-5 days/uses. The formula is more liquidy than other mascaras so you really need the air to get its job done first =)

I have "Asian" lashes but not too short or too thin, they're normal but straight so I have to curl my lashes. I hate fake eyelashes, never wear them so I just need a great mascara. I generally don't like plastic wands but I love Iconic wand because it's thicker and easier to use than other mascaras. Also, I find the brush picks up just the right amount of product and really lets me separate my lashes and coats them evenly. It doesn't clump. Also, using Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum really helps, helps lashes get super duper long, and nurishes at the same time. and really would help hold the curl for days until you decide to take mascara off (not hygienic obviously lol but I'm just saying...=).

Here is how I use Iconic Extreme which might be helpful to some...
I curl my lashes first with Shiseido curler. Then I apply first coat of Iconic Extreme, I just sort of brush my lashes through and coat them lightly and evenly. After the first coat you wouldn't notice much of a difference. Then I let it dry a bit, about 30 seconds and apply the second coat. Again, I just brush my lashes through to separate them and coat from tip to bottom in upward direction and wiggle through. and taadaa, I get longer and fuller lashes. Overall, it takes me less than 5 minutes to get my perfect look. I will be posting pic as well.

The mascara stays put all day, doesn't smudge at all, doesn't flake, doesn't weigh my lashes down, holds the curl all day! It's waterproof but easily removed with Nivea waterproof eye makeup remover. I'm trying to stay away from oil-based makeup removers and I like this Nivea over Neutrogena one.

I absolutely adore Dior!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Janetw86

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this. Clumsy to use, and I received a nasty eye infection from it. Brand new bottle, so it wasn't an expired product. The only good thing, was that it is truly waterproof. It didn't budge at all. Not sure if that's a good thing though in my case !

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There was nothing that I liked about this product. The huge wand was difficult to use even on my big eyes and it was very messy. It was extremely clumpy, and it was a brand new tube! It did not add length or volume to my lashes. If you curl your lashes, don't use it. My curled lashes were bone straight in a second after using this mascara. This mascara is insanely expensive... $28.50 is too much. I do not recommend this product at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholica82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros: Precision brush, semi water proof, washes off easily, nice colour
Cons: very expensive, doesn't hold a curl very well, not extremely water proof.
Verdict: Would not buy again at $30, better off with drugstore mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by elizan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my standard mascara. I have tried a lot and this is the one I keep buying. My biggest complaint about mascara is that it ends up smudged under my eyes. Not this one. It stays on my lashes. It thickens and lengthens a bit not crazy false lash looking but perfect for making me look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by asiasni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara won't smear or smudge even in 40 C tropical rain. It can be a pain to take of but oil based cleanser will handle it. If you like separated lashes without clumps and with reasonable amount of thickness and length this is definitely worth a try. It gives effect really similar to ysl everlong but has better staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by DNeum

When I first purchased this, I sort of had buyers remorse. I don't know if I was just in a funk that day or what, but after using it the first time I felt bummed out. Well, it's a staple for me now! I recommend it to all my friends! It ended up in my purse when I took a week long vacation to Yellowstone, so I used it every day and became very happy with it. It doesn't really lengthen lashes, but it holds a curl GREAT.

When I thought I lost the tube I was really upset and tore my car apart to find it (which I did.)

I am not 100% loyal and would consider trying other mascaras, if I'm in an experimenting mood, but this one I KNOW I can rely on. I've recommended it to a few of my friends and they have likewise been impressed with Dior's mascaras, even though some of them chose different ones based on the brush.

I've never had trouble with clumping or with this running, even in extreme outdoor conditions. In the winter I dogsled and in the summer I horseback ride and never had a mishap with this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kitten41

I have had this for a while before trying. I was looking for a super waterproof mascara to use in my pool all summer. I will give this three stars because it is super waterproof I was caught in a downpour at an antique expo for six hours inpouring wind and rain and this stuff did not buy budge! Even my revlon colorstay foundation wore off eventually ......on the downside it is very hard to use .the wand sucks , which is strange because one of my HG mascaras is Covergirl Lashblast , a similar wand. This was very difficult ti apply and took about four coats before it looked like any volume. I expected more from CD.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After a bad experience with a YSL mascara, I decided to try this one. It's actually quite good and ticks all the boxes for me, the main one being that it doesn't smudge. It is slightly clumpy but not too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by windycina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the worst mascara that i've EVER bought.
It's really expensive, and the only thing that does, is not to fade out 'cause it's really waterproof. Do not add particular length at my lashes, in fact, for me really useless.