This is what people from fashion industry swear by, actresses reveal it as their secret in french magazines and pharmacists will reccommend you... So I got it too, its cheap and in every Parisian pharmacy. Its very thick, transparent but not really shiny pomade. Its been doing great job as overnight lip moisturiser and it calmed down my irritation in outer corner of eye(tho Elizabeth Arden 8h cream does it better). Its not beautifully packaged, great smelling and sweet tasting truly pampering balm but it works great :)
Good news, party people - you don't have to go to France or pay $35 for Homeoplasmine. As long as you have a health food store that sells Boiron products, you're good. Go to said Boiron section and locate the "Calendula Ointment", pay $7, and now you have your Homeoplasmine.
It's essentially the same thing, minus one insignificant ingredient. Their Calendula Ointment is made of Calendula and white petroleum. I have Homeoplasmine from France, as well, and cannot tell a difference (well, except for one less stamp in my passport and an extra $28 in my wallet).
Homeoplasmine is a godsend for anyone with full or prominent lips that wants them to look absolutely beautiful! I tried this product last night...slathered it on my lips and around my lips. When I woke up, my lips looked pouty and soft! Creases and dryness seemed a thing of the past. I heard that it works well as a makeup primer..will try it..but I am thrilled with the results of homeoplasmine. I used to use YuBe--japanese vitamine E ointment--but homeoplasmine works a million times better..it contains herbs and homeopathic remedies that really work wonders. Will definitely order again.
This is basically Aquaphor... not AT ALL worth purchasing for $38. My lips haven't improved one bit and they are pretty dry and flaky right now from physical activity, etc. The texture is like thick, with a gritty feel at times and is EXACTLY like Aquaphor in texture. It has a slight amount of calendula in it... that's all!!! It's literally a bunch of hype. That's all.. don't waste your money!
Came in the mail today and just had to try it. Previous reviewers were correct, it little does go a long way. The tube will last for a good amount of time, which is good because the price was a little steep. I paid $24.99 for the 40g tube from New London Pharmacy. It's a bit expensive, but it does a good job moisturizing with just a small amount of product. Eventually when the tube runs out, I will most likely buy it again.
I just had to review this product: just picked it up yesterday at a drug store in Montreal. I absolutely love it already... I had heard that homeoplasmine is often used by make-up artists and models to keep their lips soft. I used it overnight, and my lips feel just amazing this morning. I have a long history of ultra-chapped lips, and have tried almost everything. This is the first product that really stayed on overnight... I could still feel it on my lips this morning, and they felt amazingly plumped and soft. It even helped heal a particularly chapped spot in just one night. I will be sticking with this stuff for sure: I may finally have found my HG!
For others with severely dry lips, I also have a couple of great recommendations that might be easier to find, and are perfect for day-time use:
1) Palmer's cocoa butter stick: this stick is amazing, and leaves lips feeling wonderfully silky! So glad I found this: use it every day. Absorbs really well.
2) Roc's Enydrial lip balm: really incredible. Not waxy, thick and luxurious, and not too shiny. Highly highly recommend!! Perfect for the winter months.
* Product Claims - This homeopathic decongestant healing ointment remedy is intended for skin irritations and contains extracts of plants. It is also an antiseptic. It is intended to alleviate nasal irritations associated with colds and allergies. It can also be used for skin irritations such as abrasions, superficial wounds, mild burns, and chapped skin.
* What it is - This is an all-purpose balm by Laboratoires Boiron, a French company. Originally marketed as a nipple ointment for breast-feeding moms, it's now a cult beauty fave. Pretty much every makeup artist, Francophile, and international beauty junkie swears by this! It's the French version of Aquaphor by Bierersdorft, the Eight-Hour Cream by Elizabeth Arden, Yu-Be cream from Japan and very similar to Lansinoh HPA Lanolin in the US. I've personally tried all of the above-listed products through the years and no doubt about it, Homeoplasmine is the BEST beauty ointment for me. It's unscented, has a super light texture, is non-greasy, non-oily and non-sticky, has a totally matte (not shiny!) finish, absorbs quickly and works like a charm. Best of all, it's only €5 and is widely available at all French pharmacies!
* Verdict - My HG do-it-all beauty balm and ointment!
A petroleum jelly based ointment, with boric acid and calendula to heal and soothe any skin problems. First introduced to this in Montreal, but it is a French product. My friend who recommended this uses it to stay blemish free; I've found it more useful as a lip/skin moisturizer/soother. Non-messy and portable!