November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boiron - Homeoplasmine

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Homeoplasmine is the only item I picked up from a pharmacie that wasn't insta-love. It is petrolatum jelly with homeopathic extracts, but I don't detect anything else going on that Vaseline or Aquaphor won't do for me. It was not expensive (4 for a 40g metal tube); however, I wouldn't go out of my way to track this one down again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

A friend who is an actress and model recommended Homeoplasmine to me as the French Vaseline. I don't understand the appeal of Vaseline for skin care, even their lip balm only sits on top of my lips, but Homeoplasmine is a different animal. Nothing leaves my hard or dry cuticles softer. It also restores softness and lasting hydration to my lips without a feeling of "dependency" between applications after frequent use. The matte texture makes it a good option for men or for treating dry skin patches and irritations on the face during the day. I live in Paris so I can pick this up for 3 at any pharmacy, but I don't know how much it costs imported.

Edited in response to lyona's review below which mentions using Vaseline for a chapped nose. Applying petroleum jelly inside the nostrils can carry a risk of developing lipoid pneumonia over time: http://www.mayoclinic.org/petroleum-jelly/expert-answers/faq-20057784

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Heezy

I created an account so that I could write a review of this product. I cannot overstate what this has done for my family. My son had oozing sores on his lips that would not go away, they had been there since September. He had been to the doctor several times and tried several prescription creams as well as oral medications, in addition to over the counter options. Since using this product they have cleared up and he has not had one since.
I have been using this product as well, in the winter my lips continually bleed and crack. I have tried literally hundreds of balms and have found temporary solutions before, but nothing that truly healed them and solved the problem. Since using this my lips look plump and supple.
I also use it around my nostrils when I get a cold and it becomes sore and chapped and it soothes it immediately and heals it within a matter of hours.
Another use I have discovered is it clears up the redness around my eyes.
It is a very generous amount, we have hardly dented the tube and had it several months. I found it on amazon and believe I paid 15 dollars plus shipping. I will without question but this product again and hope you believe that I wrote this without any hyperbole whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This stuff works really great on my eczema and as an occlusive on dry skin patches. However, I'm not convinced it's worth the extra hassle of obtaining and extra expense compared to, say, aquaphor or another emollient balm. I do wish I lived in France sometimes so that I could get this extra cheap on a regular basis, but for now, I'll finish the tube I have and move on to something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ekristensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

In response to some of the other reviews on here, yes it does contain majority Vaseline but it differs in that it also contains an anti-septic and contains homeopathic ingredients (hence the "homeo" in the title). So, it is a little different and that's what you're paying for. It does work a little different to just regular ol' Vaseline.

I always have a tube of this in my handbag; my husband, who suffers from really bad eczema says this is the only thing that helps soothe his skin when he gets especially bad flare-ups and he always has a tube on hand as well. It's great for dry lips or dry skin in general, and a little definitely goes a long, long way.

If I ever get a cut or a spot becomes infected/irritated, the anti-septic in this works great to "fix" it over night. Redness is gone, as is swelling and soreness. I often get hormonal acne on my chin that can rupture and be quite painful -- a tiny dot of this stuff on the spot and my face is 10x better by morning.

No, it isn't a miracle product that cures absolutely every problem or ailment you have, but what product does? It does the job it promises to do and that's why it's a staple for so many people.

PROS:
- Long lasting
- Extremely quick cure for chapped lips and/or dry skin
- Not shiny on skin (unless you apply, like, loads)
- Absorbs quickly
- Non fragranced
- Helps soothe and cure infections

CONS:
- The tube can make it hard to get every single bit out

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lyona

Ok- I must start by saying this- I love reading makeup alley reviews but have never created an account...I just created one to leave a review for this product!

I LOVE finding great pharmacy finds from other places. I must say though, that this product is SO hyped up and if you look at the back of the tube...it is vaseline!

I think it's great that it has some homeopathic ingredients BUT the actual emollient/balm is just vaseline. It's not a "moisturizer" as people claim. Petroleum/vaseline works by creating a layer on the skin that doesn't let moisture in or out of.

I have just read such crazy reviews on people's blogs and home pages explaining all of these miracle uses and the only reason we think that, sadly, is because of the marketing.

The reason I have it two stars is because it does work, but in the same way vaseline does. While I love it for those vaseline-type uses (dry lips, chapped nose, etc.) and would buy it if I could find it for super cheap, it's not worth the $20-$40 for a tube. Instead, we should get those cute vintage looking vaseline tins to toss in our bags and call it good.

I hope that is helpful for anyone looking to purchase in the future <3

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by AliaGhobash

i personally love this product , mainly because it really soothes redness and severe dryness. theres this thing i would do before going to bed . i would apply i small amount enough to cover my face . its really sticky thats why i a little goes a long way. once i wake up in the morning i would continue my morning routine once i apply makeup my face looks so even and flawless , theres no need for primer . :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I too purchased the American version of this French stuff. It's called "Calendula Ointment" by Boiron and is sold in just about every Whole Foods, Walgreens and health food store I have been in for $6. It's THE EXACT SAME, people. I swear. I will no longer waste money buying the french version!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is what people from fashion industry swear by, actresses reveal it as their secret in french magazines and pharmacists will reccommend you... So I got it too, its cheap and in every Parisian pharmacy. Its very thick, transparent but not really shiny pomade. Its been doing great job as overnight lip moisturiser and it calmed down my irritation in outer corner of eye(tho Elizabeth Arden 8h cream does it better). Its not beautifully packaged, great smelling and sweet tasting truly pampering balm but it works great :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good news, party people - you don't have to go to France or pay $35 for Homeoplasmine. As long as you have a health food store that sells Boiron products, you're good. Go to said Boiron section and locate the "Calendula Ointment", pay $7, and now you have your Homeoplasmine.

It's essentially the same thing, minus one insignificant ingredient. Their Calendula Ointment is made of Calendula and white petroleum. I have Homeoplasmine from France, as well, and cannot tell a difference (well, except for one less stamp in my passport and an extra $28 in my wallet).

You're welcome.