July 31, 2014 | 2049 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Black Black chromaline

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm searching for a black gel liner that doesn't dry out quickly,like the Bobbi Brown gel liner.This one is very creamy,but is unfortunately not as black as the BB.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG this stuff is AMAZING!!!! I thought I had found my HG with fluidline blacktrack- WRONG! This chromaline is ten times better. It's way more creamier, applies so smoothly, is blacker than blacktrack, and the best bit is its WATERPROOF!!!! This is the best thing for me as I suffer from watery eyes now and then which can be so annoying! The amount of times I've ended up wiping off a wing is unbelievable. Not any more! I took my make up off at 5.30am this morning, after applying it at 10am. Well let me tell you, it still looked just as fresh as when I first applied it. 20 hours later??!!! Seriously! How fantastic is that?! That was definitely NOT the case with blacktrack. Seriously guys, if you are even thinking about getting this DO!!! I promise you will not be disappointed, I'm wondering how I've coped without it all my life!!!!!!!! X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Chromaline comes in a pot the size of a paint pot. This shade is a deep black, but not the blackest possible I believe.

It's creamy and goes on smoothly without tugging, stays put on the lash line but fades a bit if you apply it on your waterline.

I find I have to apply two layers to get to the desired intensity.

I can't compare it to Blacktrack since the Blacktrack I had was dried out right from the start and very soon I couldn't even get it onto my brush, and honestly I don't recall how dark was it.

I apply this on the lash line with some unknown brand angled brush that is slightly thick, then wing it out using Essence's gel liner brush.

Btw, I find the Essence black gel liner to be blacker than this, it's just too soft in the pot and did go bad a few months after opening, I could tell from the smell. But the performance was great.

All in all, this is a good heavy duty product that only lacked the desired depth I was looking for. It is still a product that I use on a daily basis. I'll just try out other gel liners out there before returning to this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

I was excited when MAC started carrying pro products on the main website. I immediately purchased this chromaline after seeing raves on YouTube and beauty blogs. What I love about these is that they are the size of a MAC Paint Pot, and only a few dollars more. I have the Blacktrack Fluidline, and I really don't care for it- it doesn't glide on nicely, and it dried out in the package- I mostly use it as a base now. The Chromaline goes on incredibly smooth and crisp, and it's very black- no ashy undertone. I apply it with my Sigma angled brush. I absolutely adore this product, and it's a must if you love gel liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this gel eyeliner and have tried myself: mufe, bb, blacktrack and smashbox jet set, this is the best so far.

pros:

-it is very long wearing, stays put all day long and even waterproof.
-good packaging.
-you get more product so it is worth the money.
- it is very black
-dries up quick but easy to apply.

cons:

-the only "bad" thing is that as it is a big pot it might dry if you donīt use it on a daily basis but I just warm it up a little bit with my 210 brush and it works (and I use it every day).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is at least as good as Black Fluidline and you get so much more for your money. These are the size of MAC Paint Pots, so 5gm as compared to the Fluidlines which are 3gm. I found this wore all day without a hitch and fortunately is one of the Chromalines that is actually safe for the eye area. (Most of the coloured ones are not). Texture is very creamy and easy to apply. I've heard on a YouTube video that EnKore likes to depot a bit of Fluidline into smaller containers to help keep the main container from too much exposure to oxygen thus slow down the eventual dry out, so you could to that with these as well. I tend to just lay the lid upside down over top of the pot while I'm applying to help keep the oxygen out. These may be Pro products but that doesn't mean only Pros can get their paws on these. You can call them and they'll send them to you, you just don't get the Pro discount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent gel eyeliner that is now my HG. I replaced my beloved MAC fluidline with it and never looked back. The container is bigger, the texture is even creamier and the color is blackest black you can imagine. Wonderful unmatched staying power and the pot will last me a loong time with my every day application. Will repurchase and probably get a backup pot just in case it will be discontinued while I'm on my first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've tried Bobbi Brown and MAC Fluidline, and so far I like this one the best. It's the blackest of the three and as long as I wear a primer underneath (MAC paint in Canvas), I can get it to outlast Bobbi Brown and MAC Fluidline on my very oily eyelids. Otherwise without a primer, MAC Fluidline wears longer. Only slight fading through a 15-day which is feat for my type of skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by KimmyKub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

If your looking for a cream liner that's long lasting and won't smudge at all. This product is definitely for you! This is HG for me. You need a small amount, super pigmented, doesn't budge it's THE BEST LINER! I am all about the colors and they have super bright colors that I LOVE and no other liner can compare to this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This doesn't get nearly as praise as does Fluidline and BB long-wear gel liners, but it tops both of them. In fact, I should say that Chromaline is the best of the bests. Granted, the color selection is rather unuseful for non-pros, since the range consists of bright colors that are mostly for artful purposes. However, (OH!) the lasting power, pigmentation and texture of this little pot of black gold is out of this world. Never has it failed me, rain or shine, primer or naked lid, over shadow or by itself. What's even better is that at the end of the day, my foaming cleanser takes it right off (I always cleanse twice, 30sec each time, once to take off the makeup and once to properly wash). HG status, as long as I'm going to wear black liner.