October 21, 2014 | 993 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Oleo Relax Slim

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I live in southern Georgia, which means when I'm on the way to class my hair is about three times as big as when I left my apartment- 5 minutes before.
Luckily, I found Oleo Relax Slim! I put this on my ends on top of nectar thermique when I blow dry- the night before, and the next day my hair still stays "slim", soft, and straight!
Since I only use a small amount on my ends, this will probably take at least 2 years to use up so I don't think the price is too bad for me, but for other people that have thick/er/longer hair, this might not last quite as long. For me the price is reasonable.
This is a must if you live in a area with super high humidity!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by joana7

This product claims to control volume and make hair smooth. I does an average job at controlling volume but it my hair feel dirty - plus, it stinks. Also, I can't say it made my hair any smoother.

I would say that at over 200 sek / 20 euro a product should:
a) be VERY good at what it claims to do;
b) multitask
c) both!

This product does nothing. Like I wrote before, it does an average job at controlling volume/'puffiness' and that's it. It does not hydrate hair, does not give it texture, does not offer heat protection etc. Not that it claims to either, but I feel that consumers should really be getting more for their money. My bad for actually buying this despite having read its claims.

So in general my advice is don't buy this stuff. Especially if you usually heat-style your hair. You will need to use a heat protectant on top of this (as it does not offer protection) and you really do NOT want to do that as this product alone makes hair feel so dirty.

Save your money, there's better stuff out there for a fraction of the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Silverman

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best ever product for de-frizzing, volume control, and shiny, loose, natural curl and wave definition. I should know after 30 years of trying products. Now that the trend is away from ironing, this is the best "non-styling" natural air dry result I have had for my bob length curly-wavy-frizzy fine, dry, greying and unruly caucasian (northern European) hair. Very impressive results also near the scalp, where one would normally be afraid to apply it. This is where little unruly hairs are growing in, creating a halo of frizz when temperature and humidity rise. Now I have a smooth and shiny part, lots of body, not glued down, but clean with no greasy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lavinder11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, guys, I have huge, thick African-American hair. While straightened, it's very fine believe it or not.

I started using this after visiting Maxine Salon in Chicago. The stylist used Shu Uemura Shusu Sleek plus the Kerastase and SU Essence Absolue. My hair was so straight, smooth and shiny!

You really don't need that much. I use the size of a peanut (two nutted pod lol) on my entire head mixed in with two pumps of SU.

I've noticed that my hair is bone straight, which is kind of unflattering for hair that hasn't been trimmed in over a month. Then I remembered that I was using this product!

Seriously guys, it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

Best leave-in conditioner ever for moisture and frizz control. Now that my hair is shorter I don't need a leave-in most days, but when my hair was long, this was an absolute life saver for me. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Meisie100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I brought this 2 years ago then later sold on eBay as I thought it was rubbish, however I have since got my hair in better condition and after reading reviews I repurchased! Love it, really defines my curls as I leave it to air dry. Makes my hair look younger and softer. It is dear but I have very thick bra length curly hair, I use a 10p size amount underneath (hair/head flipped forward.) and a 10p mid lenghts down, comb through and done so I expect the 200ml to last a while.. I was a huge fan of the day creme sublimiator (?) but has high protein, made my hair drier, this slim creme as far as I know doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by libralibra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best product to control puffy hair. I rarely leave reviews for hair products because I've tried just about everything, and only a handful have helped my hair. This tames my hair, and helps my dry, coarse, harsh-looking hair look silky and shiny. I LOVE THIS!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by vsparrow

I am a long-standing fan of Kerastase -- it is crazy expensive but really makes a huge difference in my hair. I have tried EVERYTHING out there and have realized that it is better to pay more for something that works, vs. less for something that I won't use up.

My hair is super thick, Caucasian, somewhat coarse, and highlighted. Without products, I look like the "before" in the "don't hate me b/c my hair is beautiful" ads. I cannot just air dry without having a big mass of hair. Oleo slim masque is great at getting my hair under control without a waxy build up. It leaves it super soft. I don't care for the smell vs. other Kerastase products, but am not buying it for the smell as much as the effectiveness. I still need to flat iron or blow out with a round brush to get my hair smooth.

I also use Kerastase Chroma Reflect masque and Nutrative Masqueintense. For comparison's sake, the masqueintensive for thick hair does the best at moisturizing, but also tends to make my hair limp/a little greasy at roots the next day. Chroma reflect smells terrific but is far too light of a conditioner for my thick hair. I think that oleo relax slim is my favorite if I had to use just one and I may look into the leave in treatment based on reviews here.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My search for hair masques is never over. I'm trying to grow my hair (kinda Kim Kardashian-ish - sans extensions) and sometimes it gets curly at the ends,... funny thing, never happend before. After using the masque I did see some change, straightening was a breeze and my hair felt so smooth. Used this a few times now and never a complait. Didn't break out my scalp, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jeobrien

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love kerastase and was anxious to add this to my 'arsenal' of hair care
products.I think their line is expensive,but worth it.Sometimes a product
will have a fragrance that dissipates after styling.Well not this one! The
odor is overwhelmingly awful.I do not care how well this performs,I cannot
get past it.It is so gross,that I am surprised that Kerastase has allowed
this to exist in one of their products!