July 28, 2014 | 2026 users online

Polishes - OPI - Comet Loves Cupid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A very pretty true red creme. This is definitely one of my very favorite OPI colors. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Speakeasy1908

Comet Loves Cupid is my perfect red! It's bright, sexy, and has a retro feel to it. The formula is great and I get about a week from a mani. I wear it all the time, and will be buying a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by greatgrains

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I can't comment on whether this product applies well or not because I got my pedicure done at the salon (and obviously didn't have to paint my toes myself!). What I can say is that it is a very bright red that looks great against fair skin and is perfect for summer! It is very eyecatching but still appropriate for the office because it is a classic red that contrasts very nicely against black open-toe heels. Of course I would expect it to be of the usual OPI quality and last for at least a week with Poshe's topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome bright retro red. Fantastic formula. Looks great on my toes, and I'm not even a red person. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by suslik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this colour! Such a youthful look, kind of '80's but in a classy, sexy way, you know, a blonde vixen from Red Shoe Diaries or something. I never thought to buy it but when I saw some pictures of girls in NY on style files, it looked so polished and fun! I like it better than The Big Apple because it's more orange and vibrant. One of my favourite colours from the brand! But I find their applicators too thick and wide, goopy application.. I prefer NYC or Sally Hansen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Picked this up in the clearance section of my ULTA this past weekend for 1.99. I thought it would be a good Red for V-day. So I did my nails this morning with it and was very pleased to find that it was pretty much opaque in 1 coat. I did 2 coats anyway, but it has pretty great coverage with just one coat. It's a great Cherry Red and I'm glad I picked it up. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by saramalia

Fun fun fun color. Great coverage, max 2 coats needed. Was shopping for a red that was a littler deeper, but that's okay as this one is still sexy....more of a fun sexy than sultry sexy red.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by intercitykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A decent cherry-red polish, but a little too common and similar to reds of the past.
It wasn't as shiny as I had hoped, but a top coat takes care of that.

For sure it's on the 'cool' side of red.

Not my favourite OPI colour, but still nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by cherie05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty sort of cherry-red nail polish. The first thing I have to mention though is the amazing pigmentation, I have never applied one coat of nail polish, ever. With my other OPI polishes, I usually do 2, sometimes even 3 coats to get the colour and finish I want. However, with this one, there is no need for a second coat at all! I was floored with the pigmentation and there's no streaking either. Like the reviewer right below me has said, the finish is slightly less shiny, but it doesn't bother me at all I think the pigmentation and no streakingness (lol) makes up for it all since I only have to wait for my nails to dry once and there's less chance of me messing up. However, unlike other reviews, I have not found this hard to remove at all. It came off just fine, same as any other nail polish I've ever used. I used no base coat, no top coat, just one coat of this and it lasted me around 3-4 days with no chipping at all and that's saying a lot since I guess I don't treat my hands nicely and I always get frustrated with my nail polish chipping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This a beautiful true red. I will be wearing this for some of my holiday looks, but also breaking it back out in the spring and summer for classic red toenails. I love how clean this red is, not orange and not blue, just pretty!