I have been using this mineral powder for almost three years. This product is all natural but
has a very strong coverage, so i don't have to use any concealer after applying it.
I have cystic acne and this has been the only thing that has helped cover it up. Its quite
expensive and i wish it was cheaper but its totally worth it.
It does get shiny and a little caky but it doesn't break me out or make me feel like i am
wearing make up.
If you have terrible skin or just want a natural and heathy alternative to foundation, i
recommend this make up to you.
I have been using this as my day-to-day foundation for about 2 years now and love it! I have acne prone skin and it covers blemishes flawlessly without clogging or irritating the skin. The large container lasts quite a while and coverage is very easy to build, without looking 'cakey'. The Nude By Nature Kabuki Brush works wonders with this product as well.
A downside to this product is the limited variety of shades - there is only light, medium or dark and quite often medium is too light and dark is too dark, so I have to mix the two, however that is a very minor downside to this great product.
I love this product! I use it over a BB cream and tiny bit of concealer under my eyes on the daily and over liquid foundation on a night out and i never have any problems. Been using it for over a year now and will continue for the foreseeable future!
I've used a bunch of different mineral powders before and this isn't one of my favourites. Coverage is quite light and it looks quite greyish on my face. Most of the other mineral powders at least had a slight yellow tinge so as not to wash out my olive skin, but this one is quite a greyish brown (I use the dark shade). Also it doesn't do anything for my oily skin. I get super shiny in a few hours and have to blot multiple times.
I have very sensitive skin and have cystic acne around my chin and jawline now that I'm in my 20's (awesome..) I'm been tossing $$ at anything that promises to help clear my skin, so I picked up this kit in Medium at Big W for $59. It's pretty useless. I used it alone (primer, then the 3 pots of cover, bronzer and veil) and it didn't do much to smooth and even my skin tone. There wasn't enough coverage, it wasn't matte enough, and within a few hours I felt a bit greasy (likely due to the primer).
Honestly, I prefer my Physician's Formula pressed powders, which are half the price and are also non-comedogenic, mineral powders. That being said, used over top of a BB cream, the NBN powders are decent and provide enough coverage unless you have a breakout in which case concealer is probably needed.
The powders are also super messy to apply, poor packaging for a loose powder. Though I did love the included kabuki brush - very soft!
As for the primer that comes with the kit, it's terrible and very sticky but I actually love the scent and had high hopes for it since it's got a lot of natural oils in it.
All in all, I paid $59 for a soft little kabuki brush to toss in my makeup bag and a bunch of powders that I'm going to end up spilling all over myself.
I love this product
1. The price is reasonable as it is always on sale. I'm onto my 3rd one and I have got mine for 40% off each time (online and from priceline & Target)
2. The product lasts a long time as a little bit goes a long way. 1 tub can honestly last you over a year or 2, but my sisters always take mine!
3. The packaging use to leak everywhere but I noticed that they fixed the packaging issue which is excellent!
4. Colour... is pretty poor. I have a yellow undertone which most people do and they are mainly a pink undertones in the powders. I would definitely be the Light/medium colour but unfortunately is is sooo pink it makes me look sunburnt so i had to stick with the Medium colour which is a bit dark but works very well
5. Coverage - Amazing. Can cover blemished and pigmentation
6. Staying power - I have a combination oily skin so I would say i have to blot and reapply once. It looks good about 4 - 5 hours on a hot day but when it's winter it can last the whole day.
7. This is a must have product. When im breaking out ill use this product as it is just sooo gentle. No nasty chemicals.
8. It can make you look a bit matte if you over apply it like I do. But it's nothing that a spray toner can't fix. I usually spray a hydrating toner over my makeup which gives it a really nice dewy glow.
9. FANTASTIC PRODUCT
I love this product! I have acne prone skin and this product along with the primer works wonders for me! Sometimes instead of the primer I would use a bb cream and put it on top or a tinted sunscreen! I bought the light-medium shade and it's perfect! my sister has the medium so il use hers in summer. Also the product lasts a very long time! Worth every penny and the new packaging is great for travel!
Although a little pricey (in australia), it's definitely worth it!
I use it over mac foundation and concealer (studio fix) as well and it looks lovely.
It is a little orange tinted though, so I try not to use much, but it makes my skin feel soft afterwards anyway and covers for a pretty long time (6+ hours), through heat and being sweaty and when it's cold out. It is a bit dusty around the eyes and nose though.
It doesn't have any smell to it and I love that it's all natural.
Anyway, 8/10, they have a pretty limited range in skin tones and the (new) fairest skin tone they brought out is still a bit orange tinted. The dustiness around the eyes & nose isn't something I'd worry about, I'm really freckly and combined with foundation it covers really well, and is *okay* on its own. My HG powder regardless though :D
This powder made my pore look larger than normal even though I've used primer underneath. My face became extremely oily at the end of the day and the pores weren't getting any smaller. My mum also tried this and experienced the same thing. My face ended up looking worse than not wearing make up.
First off, NEED A MUCH BIGGER SHADE RANGE! I was about an NC20 when I purchased this and light was WAY too light. It made me look dead. The last power is also rubbish. I was patchy and oily within less than 2 hours. Disappointed.