November 26, 2014 | 1708 users online

Powder - Nude by Nature - Natural Mineral Cover

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Laurenlesa

I use this all the time. I love it when I can't be bothered putting to much makeup on and although it's a bit expensive for me I will still buy it again when mine runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by cassiehunt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/oily skin and for me this means that some areas of my face are dry, some are normal and some are extremely oily. (centre of cheeks - dry, outside of cheeks - normal, t-zone/chin - oily.) When using MAC products, I'm an NW20 in winter and NW25 in summer. I have a lot of acne scarring and redness on my face. I hope this helps you in understanding my review and comparing my skin type to yours when considering whether this product will work for you.

I initially purchased this product in the shade "Medium" and found that it was a little bit grey/muddy looking on my lighter olive complexion so I repurchased in the shade "Light" (I decided the shade "Fair/Light" also looks pretty grey. "Light" is a little bit more yellow in my opinion which i find generally more suitable for my skin tone.

I use MAC's Strobe Cream as a primer underneath this product and over my daily moisturiser - I then wait until the two products have almost completely dried. Using a flat top kabuki brush, i use the shade "Light" and buff/swirl it into my skin. Once I feel my skin's decently covered, i use a dense but soft large powder brush to smooth the surface of the skin. At this point my skin looks massively lifeless and flat.

SOOOOO this is when i realised i am so glad i have both shades "Light" and "Medium" as I have found the greyness that the darker shade has works PERFECTLY to give my face more dimension after i have built coverage with the lighter shade. I have a really round face, so i use the darker shade on my temples, in the hollows of my cheek, just under the jawline and a little on either side of my nose. I will still use a different contouring powder over this usually but i feel like the two colours combined give a really natural base and it absolutely does not look or feel like foundation. It just makes it look like you have naturally unblemished and HEALTHY skin. I like to set the powder with MAC fix + as i feel like it gives another little boost at making it look natural and a bit less powdery. If i forget this step it doesn't really matter either way.

As for the longevity of the makeup throughout the day - It has great lasting power! I absolutely prefer this option to liquid foundations as i feel as though after a 8-10 hour shift at work, the oily areas on my face have reached a point of no return when i am wearing liquid foundation. This product blots really easily and usually only takes one small dab of powder to get it back to looking like it was just freshly applied, which is honestly really impressive for me - nothing ever usually lasts.

I would suggest that if you do not want your makeup to look natural and you are seeking a more heavy coverage then this foundation would not be for you. Key word being "heavy" because i think this foundation has a full coverage without looking cakey.

OH! also another tip i would have with this foundation is to apply undereye concealer before application :)

Anyway obviously i love it haha. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by triplejjj

This is the best mineral powder I have tried!
It gives such a natural matte finish. I feel like I am not even wearing anything because it is that light on the skin!
It works well with primer underneath, if you want that good coverage, but u can always build it up. I use the stila one step primer under this. Sometimes I use nars radiant something primer and other times I just use a moisturiser underneath.
I believe they only have 4 shades which is a bummer. I purchased the medium shade and it matches nicely.
I do have to reapply sometimes during the day because I have very very oily skin.
This retails for $30 or $40 I can't remember in Australia/ Melb.
Nude by Nature has changed their packaging with this product which is awesome. They use to not have a those windy things to close/cover the holes and the powder would just go everywhere when you open it but now they have it making it so much easier and cleaner.
Another thing I love about this mineral powder is that it doesn't contain talc or bismuth so great for those with sensitive skin I believe.
Overall would defs buy again ! amazing mineral powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by 5starchikita

On a day when I opt for a more natural make up look, I always reach for a Mineral Powder foundation. You simply cannot go wrong with the Nude by Nature Mineral Powder foundation and Nude by Nature On-the-Go Refillable Travel Brush.

The texture is very finely milled so will not clog the pores and feels weightless and smooth as silk on my skin. It is very buildable and will not create a caked on look (so many of us have complaints of this nature). It leaves a natural soft radiant shine with a bit of colour which is perfect for any season.

With a powder foundation like this it's easy to add a little later on, something I wouldn’t dream of doing with a liquid foundation. Touch ups are made super easy with the on the go brush which is extra soft and gentle on the skin and creates a flawless finish. The brush doesn’t release a lot of powder so is best used for touch ups only.

Being time poor in the morning I am always a fan of multi-tasking products and with built-in SPF 15 sun protection this ticks the box. The size and design of the container makes it a breeze to travel with, and I think it would probably last 4 months comfortably.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by maddison123

Great buildable coverage. Make sure you only use a little to start with because it can easily look cakey and orange if applied heavy handed. I also use as a setting powder when using cc cream, by lightly dusting over my t zone. Works a treat. This powder is also good if you break out easily - I have issues with heaps of foundations but this is fine on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by zelihakaya

There isnt much to rave about honestly. i have a lot of acne scarring and this makes it even more obvious. I find that the foundation has a tint of grey, when i apply it, it looks patchy and my face looks dirty. It only stays on for a few hours and then disappears. i tried it a couple of times at school and every time i tried it, at the ed of the day, my face was so oily it looked disgusting. It also does not look natural. the smell isnt that pleasant.

The only thing that i like about this is that its matte, and it doesn't have shimmer in it. i wouldn't recommend buying it, especially for that price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am continuously using mineral loose foundation and I it wasn't love from first sight. Once I realized that brush matters I stopped looking for a liquid foundation that would match my skin tone (I have neutral fair/light skin tone). You need kabuki brush and your skin must be moisturized. I use tap the product on my face with my flat brush first and then blend it with circular motions. It is buildable and I use it to conceal minor problems on my skin sometimes. Coverage is quite good: quite often I have eczema patches or irritations and the foundation covers them. Although my skin is sensitive this product does not make me break out and my skin does not produce more oil than it would normally.

Packagind is nice (although I personally hate matte plastic for makeup) and you get a lot of product. If only there would be rotating cover like in BareMinerals pots so you would be able to prevent product from constantly spillng into the lid during transportation.

Considering amount of product you get and quality and ingredients I think that price is fair. Of course it is a little high for drugstore product but let's be fair it isn't highest you've seen.

I've been using it for several mothes intensively now and I'm nowhere near finishing it. I will not repurchase it again just because I want to try other mineral foundations on the market like everyday minerals and bareMinerals ones.

UPD I've been reading details about ingredients of other mineral loose foundations on the market as well as reviews for them and I doubt now that I will try something other than my Nude by nature foundation. Too bad other stuff in the range is so awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by jessnev

I have suffered with acne for the last 5 years- I am now 24.
I am at the stage now where I occasionally have terrible break outs around my jawline and chin (being treated by medication) and have a fair bit of acne scarring.
I have an oily forehead but due to the medication and gels I apply on my jawline and chin, I can get very dry in those areas.

I use this product on weekends and days where I only have to have make up on for a few hours as it is 'natural' and doesn't seem to clog my pores.

I find that I can not wear it for longer than a few hours as it disappears into my skin and becomes patchy.
It does not cover up my acne scarring, I have to use either a concealer or Dermablend to do that.

My sister has normal skin- not oily, not dry and not acne prone (lucky thing!) She can go for about 5 hours with this on but still needs to touch it up with powder throughout the day/night

Overall, it is fine for a few hours of running errands but I can definitely not wear it for longer than that. I would say that for the price, and for what I need it for, it is not worth it. I would, however, buy it again….just until I find something else!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by imme101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it!!
I 100% recommend this product. It makes skin look clear and healthy, and conceals blemishes well. I found it slightly expensive (as i'm only 14) and so i recently bought i cheaper brand of powder however it is not nearly as good so i've decided to go back to nude. One issue is that it comes off very easily but apart from that its great + it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by GeorgiaRose94

I love this product I've used products such as Youngblood which is very pricey as well as Napoleon and by far I love nude the most as a mineral powder the coverage is great and it's not to expensive but still gives you salon like results :) is amazing would Recommend it for everyone.