October 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Polishes - OPI - Ginger Bells!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color. It's perfect for fall - or if you love fall colors as much as I do, any time of the year will do. I'd say it's a tinge more cinnamon-spiced, reddish, and caramel than your average burnt orange. I love all the autumnal thoughts that it brings forth - Halloween, the colors of changing leaves, cinnamon sticks, pumpkin patches, the crisp air... so toasty with the warm fuzzies. (Can you tell what my favorite season is?) The formula is creamy-smooth and self-leveling. It looks opaque in two coats, but I do three for extra measure if I start too thin on the first one. Definitely great to have on hand, especially if you're into slightly unusual colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

pros:
- it lasts really long! after 10 days I had to remove it but still looked almost perfect! these nail polishes last forever!
-the colour is very unique and classy.

cons:

- its just not my colour, eventhough it suits me pretty well (Im MAC nw20-25)

ps.- I got it in a swap and put it on my list to swap as Im more into reds and blacks....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i was a little disappointed at first with this colour, because swatches online suggested this was more of a bright, burnt pumpkin orange (camera flash), but this is more of a burnt dusky orange which could very nearly be in the brown family.

but this is so pretty and unusual. it's also perfect for autumn, because it alludes to the falling leaves. this also might sound really silly, but i feel that this also looks like the topping of creme brulee! that kind of burnt caramel. this nail polish just makes me feel really cosy because it's such a warm and 'cooked' colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by sydcricket

My friend sent this to me as a gift saying she thought it would be perfect for me (Im a bit grandma-chic these days) and at first I thought "orange??" But I've been wearing it non-stop! As others have described, it is a rich pumpkin pie color. Not too red and the orange is nice and "burnt." It has a nice vintagey feel to it without being too old lady and I'm wearing it happily from winter into spring! It's really pretty and I love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by xaoey05

This is probaly in my top 3 favorite polishes EVER. It's the quintessential autumn color, and it reminds me of fallen leaves, pumpkin pie and pumpkin spice lattes all at once. Mmmmm. :) As others have said, it's perfect for fall, but not so much for the other seasons. I really enjoyed pulling it out for the first time this year, it was like the official start to my season. ;)
The application is wonderful, totally smooth and creamy. It builds really well, with 2 coats being total perfection. Also, I get at least a week's worth of wear out of it, so it wears extremely well. If you can find this, buy it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color. It's not like a dark pumpkin color like many of the people have said. It's more like a dark cinnamon color, a deep chocolate-y brown with orangey undertones. Fits perfectly with my skin tone - I'm very fair (almost white) with neutral undertones.

You should try it on if you love brown nail polish but only if you have warm/neutral undertones.

I would purchase this again!

Update/ Wears off from the tips after couple hours from applying. I'm going to try it with Seche Vite Top Coat which I didn't use last time.

Update/ Wears off from the tips after couple hours from applying it even when using Seche Vite. Bad patch maybe?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect orange for Fall. The color of orange leaves and pumpkin pie puree. It's very tasteful and the color goes on like a dream - creamy and buildable without being too sheer. Two coats was perfect. Great color. Took one lippie off because it's not my Holy Grail nail polish and works well for Autumn only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color reminds me of OPI and Apple Pie. Really nice. It's a caramel color and it's a nice winter color. It's richer than OPI and Apple Pie and similar to Chopsticking to My Story. It's easy to put on. Will definitely recommend for people who like brown/burnt orange sort of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by clulessj

I think you either hate or love this colour. and I LOVE this color!! being a OPI junkie I heard alot about this colour during christmas and looking at the swatches I never thought it would look good on me. I went to london drugs yesterday and it was on sale for $8 cdn which is the cheapest price I can find. I tried it on and instantly liked it! plays off asain skin very well. warm and pretty colour. OPI lasts a long time so I dont think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ginger Bells is a beautiful burnt orange color that applies like a dream. I love the cream- like texture. It really looks great on my skin tone.