April 16, 2014 | 1759 users online

Blush - Korres - Zea Mays Powder blush in 16 Pink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to blush when I want a natural flush with no shimmer or glitter. Its quite light but can easily be built up for more intensity. It blends very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

natural looking flushed pink for my fair skintone, (NC15) finely milled, buildable, no glitter and a great blush with no extras you don't want like parabens and etc. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this blush, it is the perfect light pink blush. I think it might be too light for someone with dark skin, but it works perfect for my paler skintone. It goes on smooth and lasts a long time and it is all natural. I got it in a kit so it was not too expensive, the price is normally comparable to most mid-end makeup brands and less than a lot of the natural ones. I really love this blush. Would recommend !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

The prettiest, most perfect pink on the planet! Usually pink blushes look terrible on me, but this gives me such a beautiful glow! i've never gotten so many compliments on my complexion before and i have this little baby to thank... i'm definitely loving the whole korres line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

An unreserved 5 lippies for a great, great blusher. This is a true pink: slightly blue-lilac in undertone, can be built up if need be or just fluffed on delicately. No guarantees on what skin tones and depths this stuff will work for, but it's stupendous on pale skin, with undertones so cool it can look pale blue, and some freckles to confuse matters with a bit of warmth...

A slight touch is enough to liven up pale skin: won't make you look overdone, or clownish, or rosacea-flushed. Just, well, a little more alive. No glitter or shimmer at all. Fine-milled. Natural-looking. Perfect for every day. Lasts all day, too, which was impressive. The packaging uses the words "velvety", "luminous", and "smooth and even finish." Full marks for not lying!

Similar tone to other lavendery-pinks, but gentler, and matte without being flat : Clinique Blushing Blush in Iced Lotus (which is way more silvery-shimmery), BeneFit Dandelion, various other good pale pinks around the place. No bismuth oxychloride, no fragrance, no irritation on me (but then, while my skin is sensitive to some things, it's often OK with talc and always OK with mica, dimethicone, corn starch, and indeed everything else in here).

I'd previously been using the Silk Naturals dupe of Dandelion--a much more sensitive-friendly formula, but it's a loose powder which is not my best friend first thing in the morning. The SN is a keeper, don't get me wrong: not least as it's always fine on my skin, even with eczema or raging spring-time allergies. But it's better suited to times when I have a little more time for application, and, especially, not for first thing in the morning, when I tend to drop things, tip loose powders all over the place, over apply, dust off powdery stuff all over myself, and generally create much mess. Compared to a pressed powder, a loose one already takes double the time with the Ginger-am factor, and you can triple or quadruple that with the clean-up time afterwards...

My klutz-proof application: using the old mini-brush from an old Clinique Iced Lotus. Swiped onto apples of cheeks, do a fake sweet smile, buff blusher around. Skin having previously been cleaned, moisturised, sunscreened, and had some Silk Naturals Perfecting Powder patted on vaguely.

Korres Pink it is, henceforth, as blusher of choice, for morning use. Thoroughly recommended.

In a nice white plastic recyclable compact, solid construction, closes with a satisfying snap. Which is packaged inside a paper sleeve, and it's inside another one. Otherwise minimalist, no gam and glitz. 7g / 0.24 0z. Costs CAD32.00, which is shocking, considering the strength of the CAD compared to the USD these days, tsk. Mush much much cheaper in the EU, and especially in Greece. Cruelty-free.

INGREDIENTS: Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zea Mays Starch, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Octyldodecanol, Isononyl Isononanoate. May contain: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 75470, CI 77742, CI 77288, CI 77289, CI 77510, CI 15850, CI 73360, CI 15985, CI 19140, CI 42090. continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by simplisticcindy

I've finally found my HG blush! This is by far the best blush I've ever came across. I've always had problems with the blush fading out by mid-day and turning kind of orange/brown towards the end of the day. I've tried all the blushes you can think from NARS, Mac, illamasqua, estee lauder....etc, but none exceeded my expectation like Korres Zea Mays Pink blush did. I wore it at around 7 this morning and now it's almost 4pm and the blush still look as if I just put it on. The color is still vibrant pink and hasn't faded one bit! To top it all off, this blush is made of natural ingredients! I'm so happy to have found my HG blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is a gorgeous pink that looks great on my NC30-35 skin. Pigmentation, texture, everything is flawless.It lasts all day without oxidizing and it gives the most perfect pink flush to my cheeks. Big thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For all of you yellow/golden skin toned girls that your blush always turn orangey/brown regardless of how pink it looks..........this is the one for you. This is the ONLY powder blush that I can apply that actually stays pink and looks unbelievably natural. It gives the look that you just stepped in from the cold. In the compact it looks really bright pink but goes on like a dream. This is my HG powder blush. Another great one is Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Creamy blush. They are both too perfect for words.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap, and I'm so glad I did! This is a very beautiful, pigmented pink color! This looks beautiful on my yellow toned NW20 skin.
I like to apply this with the ELF Studio Powder Brush, and concentrate on the apples of my cheeks.
The packaging is very nice for this blush too. Its a sturdy compact with very big mirror!
You get a lot of product in the pan too!
Great blush, will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by ilovewalnuts

I just got this blush about a week ago after lusting after it for months. I am OBSESSED with buying blushes, they are my favorite beauty product to research/buy/use for some reason...I just think the perfect blush makes such a difference in your overall appearance, and it's far more difficult to find the right color than with other products. That being said, I usually translate my blush obsesh into the same kind of behavior as my eye/lip "problem." Meaning, I usually go for the "OOOOOOH BRIGHT AND SPARKLY AND PRETTY" ones with utter disregard for what will actually LOOK GOOD and flatter the rest of my makeup. Looking at you, MAC Dollymix (even though I love you. I swear I won't talk trash anymore). So, yeah, I have like a million peachy, shimmery, hot pink, bronzy cheek products that don't really look that great if I'm not wearing other stuff that coordinates perfectly.
Now.
THIS blush is amazing. The reason I had avoided it for so long is that it just wasn't that exciting. But...the payoff is perfect, the color is smooth and silky and juuuuuust bright enough without being clownish, I love the packaging, it stays on all day without oxidizing (a huge issue for my oily skin), goes with pretty much anything else I put on my face and it just makes me look good. And really, I just want to look good. That's all I can ask. And can I just say that I have never once been disappointed in a Korres product? Granted...I'm Greek. There is some inherent nationalism in there. But seriously. I only wish they had a more extended color range. Their kits are magic, though, and so cheap for the amount of stuff you get.
*retail problem*
*can't write any more reviews because enthusiasm for makeup only makes me want to buy more*